Thread: Fangraphs Updated Prospect Rankings

Fangraphs Updated Prospect Rankings

7 Trammell
    60 India
    81 Stephenson
    82 Greene
    109 Lodolo
    120 Santillan

Surprised they have Stephenson as the 3rd best prospect in the system. In general, I don't have an issue with the rankings, although I'd drop Stephenson by ~40 and raise Greene by ~20 (although I certainly understand not wanting him that high until he comes back from injury). Many will be surprised by Trammell at 7 but like them, I'm still a believer.

Their next 5 prospects (all grading out at 45) are:

Siri
    Garcia
    Callihan
    Gutierrez
    Siani

The only thing I would do differently is replace Gutierrez with Hinds. Otherwise I agree with that as accurately reflecting the next tier of Reds prospects.

https://www.fangraphs.com/prospects/...1,-1&pagenum=4
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-13-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Likes:

BillDoran (06-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fangraphs Updated Prospect Rankings

Interesting. Judging from some posters on here, you would think TT would be ranked 107, not 7.

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (06-13-2019),Tom Servo (06-13-2019)

That TT ranking is shocking
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Nice to see Stephenson that high. HS catchers tend to move slowly as they have to pay more attention to the defensive side.

Nice to see Stephenson on an upward trajectory, however slow that rise may be. Hopefully he'll just get better each season. The farm could use a breakout from a guy like him

They have Garcia as the only true upgrade in the system. I'll buy that. Greene was downgraded for obvious reasons, but the others were spared. Maybe things aren't as bad as they seem. It'd be nice to see a pile of these guys bust out in the 2nd half.

I predict we'll see Siani and Freidl as the next guys to get upgrades. Maybe Richardson gets bumped up to a 45.

I doubt we'll see much of this group graduate in the next year, so hopefully we hit our nadir just before the draft.

9. Likes:

M2 (06-13-2019)

Downs and Gray at 127 and 128. Will both be top 100 next year

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Downs and Gray at 127 and 128. Will both be top 100 next year
    In other words, still not top 6 guys in a Reds system that has been characterized by some as in shambles.

Top 7 actually. Jose Siri is listed ahead of them. As is Shed Long for whatever that’s worth.
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-13-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

12. Likes:

HammerTime (06-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    In other words, still not top 6 guys in a Reds system that has been characterized by some as in shambles.

Top 7 actually. Jose Siri is listed ahead of them. As is Shed Long for whatever that’s worth.
    So 3 top 10 guys for Sonny Gray, point stands.

Plus, if we are being honest with ourselves, Gray and Downs are definitely above Siri and Santillan and will be on that list in a few months.

So 3 top 10 guys for Sonny Gray, point stands.
    No. We traded Shed Long and the comp pick for Sonny Gray. That is one top 10 guy. What point stands?

Plus, if we are being honest with ourselves, Gray and Downs are definitely above Siri and Santillan and will be on that list in a few months.
    Don’t even know what this means but it doesn’t make any sense. If we are being honest, they are below Siri and Santillan on that list, which was released today. I have no idea who will be higher in a few months and neither do you, but I believe Santillan has the best chance of being a major leaguer of those four. And apparently Fangraphs does too.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    No. We traded Shed Long and the comp pick for Sonny Gray. That is one top 10 guy. What point stands?

Don’t even know what this means but it doesn’t make any sense. If we are being honest, they are below Siri and Santillan on that list, which was released today. I have no idea who will be higher in a few months and neither do you, but I believe Santillan has the best chance of being a major leaguer of those four. And apparently Fangraphs does too.
    If that post baffled you that much I won’t go into any deeper discussion with you.

Alabama hated the Dodgers trade so much he said absolutely nothing in the thread announcing it.

I’m used to contrarians and people who seemingly only post to try and make everyone else miserable as they are, but you really take the cake
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (06-14-2019),Edd Roush (06-14-2019),Fil3232 (06-13-2019),HammerTime (06-14-2019),membengal (06-14-2019),ochoa30 (06-13-2019),TRF (06-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Alabama hated the Dodgers trade so much he said absolutely nothing in the thread announcing it.

I’m used to contrarians and people who seemingly only post to try and make everyone else miserable as they are, but you really take the cake
    Just trying to bring some awareness to a battered fan base. It’s ok to want more and call the organization out for its failure. Thank you for the obsession with me though, I’m flattered.

Just trying to bring some awareness to a battered fan base. It’s ok to want more and call the organization out for its failure. Thank you for the obsession with me though, I’m flattered.
    Breaking News at 9, sometimes you have to trade decent prospects for a good SP. Acting like we lost some can't miss guys for him is nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Breaking News at 9, sometimes you have to trade decent prospects for a good SP. Acting like we lost some can't miss guys for him is nuts.
    You miss the point and my problem with those deals completely.
    Rebuilding teams don’t trade prospects for any players on one year deals. That’s exactly what this mess of of an organization did. Id be fine with those deals if we were close to competing, but we aren’t.

Alabama, I played your role during the 2016 offseason. I absolutely hated the Chapman and Frazier trades, as well as the AlfRod signing. I didn't like the Cueto trade much better.

Everything is in the eye of the beholder, but the Dodgers trade doesn't come anywhere close to as inept as those moves. I actually liked the Dodgers trade. I don't understand all the hand wringing over it. Downs was blocked six ways til Sunday, and Gray isn’t Justin Verlander (or Nick Lodolo for that matter). It's not like we gave up our three best assets in the organization with nothing to show for it.
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-14-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

22. Likes:

WrongVerb (06-14-2019)

Turn Off Ads?