Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Womens College Soccer

Womens College Soccer

My daughter who is a soon to be HS junior is wanting to play soccer in college. Her coaches tell me talentwise she could easily play D2 or D3. Can anyone recommend a school that size within 2 to 3 hours of Indianapolis?

Also any other input on the whole college sports process would be welcome.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Womens College Soccer

Has she played in any ID camps? Or does she have a springtime club that plays in state/regional tournaments? If so, coaches might reach out to her.

For D3 (even D2) my suggestion is to identify schools she likes and contact the coaches. A lot of times you can schedule a meeting with a coach when you do a tour. Just as an aside, summer before junior year is a good time to visit some schools to get a sense of what she likes.

Oh, and there's some services that offer to take a pile of your money to help put you in contact with coaches. Don't pay them. It's a good exercise for you kid to reach out to coaches and make those contacts herself. Gives her ownership of the process.
    Last edited by M2; 06-14-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Has she played in any ID camps? Or does she have a springtime club that plays in state/regional tournaments? If so, coaches might reach out to her.

For D3 (even D2) my suggestion is to identify schools she likes and contact the coaches. A lot of times you can schedule a meeting with a coach when you do a tour. Just as an aside, summer before junior year is a good time to visit some schools to get a sense of what she likes.

Oh, and there's some services that offer to take a pile of your money to help put you in contact with coaches. Don't pay them. It's a good exercise for you kid to reach out to coaches and make those contacts herself. Gives her ownership of the process.
    We have done an ID camp at Franklin College outside Indianapolis, we have one scheduled at University of Southern Indiana a D1 school and also another at IUPUI in Indianapolis another D1 school. These 2 schools while D1 appeal to us because financially they are very reasonable. Plus we kinda have a connection to the HC at one of the 2 schools so we might play that angle. At the very least I hope to get feedback on what level they feel she should play at. We also are looking at Mt. St Joes ID camp sometime in July. We had 2 smaller schools contact us that saw her play but the distance and not real solid programs dont appeal to us.

I am staying away from the recruiting sites. I have heard little good about them.

Our focus for now anyway is to find somewhat local schools that she likes and then look at their soccer program to see if they are interested in her. One thing we have been told is pick a school she likes and then worry about the soccer angle.

My ultimate goal is for her not to be 6 figures in debt once she is done.

Thanks M2
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    One thing we have been told is pick a school she likes and then worry about the soccer angle.
    That is the 100% correct. Go to school for the school.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

George Anderson (06-14-2019)

Turn Off Ads?