Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pronunciations of prospects/players names

Pronunciations of prospects/players names

Was thinking of starting a thread like this, and when saw '72s' post about Nutof, I figured it would be a good idea.

Starting with Trammell, some thought it was Tramm-ell, but it is Tra-mell.
    Friedl...is it Fry-del, Free-del, Frey-del or other?
    Aristedes..Air-es-tee-des? R-es-tee-des? A-res-te-des?

Others

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pronunciations of prospects/players names

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Nut View Post
    Was thinking of starting a thread like this, and when saw '72s' post about Nutof, I figured it would be a good idea.

Starting with Trammell, some thought it was Tramm-ell, but it is Tra-mell.
    Friedl...is it Fry-del, Free-del, Frey-del or other?
    Aristedes..Air-es-tee-des? R-es-tee-des? A-res-te-des?

Others
    If they played in Dayton, I can help you.

tra-MELL
    FREE-duhl

Aquino is a tough one because it is hard to say in English and when you ask him how to say it, it is difficult to really understand. If you do not want to roll the R, it is this:
    uh-RISS-tuh-diss (some still say it differently, but that is as close as I can get to what he told me)

Santillan: SAN-tee-ahn
    Sugilio: sue-HEE-lee-oh
    Pidich: PY-ditch
    Schuyler: SKY-ler
    Rey: RAY
    Narciso Crook: nar-SEE-so
    Strahan: STRAY-han
    Kuhnel: COON-uhl
    Ghyzel: GUY-zull
    Kolozsvary: KOHLS-vary
    Zabala: zuh-BALL-uh
    Sceroler: suh-ROLL-er

Any other questions?

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-17-2019),757690 (06-16-2019),CRDB40 (06-16-2019),mace (06-16-2019),NC Reds (06-17-2019),OGB (06-16-2019),RED VAN HOT (06-16-2019),Revering4Blue (06-16-2019),Tuff Nut (06-17-2019)

Definitely will follow this thread. When the Reds drafted Trammell, I definitely was pronouncing it incorrectly. This would be most helpful.
    "Do we need to have 280 brands of breakfast cereal? No, probably not. But we have them for a reason - because some people like them. It's the same with baseball statistics." ~ Bill James

I thought Votto was VOTE-o for his first three years in the organization.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?