Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 68 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

The season is over and the other one is almost at 1,000 posts.

In honor of the Raptors championship though:

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

Chip R (06-18-2019),M2 (06-16-2019),Revering4Blue (06-16-2019),RiverRat13 (06-16-2019),Rojo Rijo (06-17-2019),Slyder (06-17-2019),texasdave (06-17-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Sounds good to me. If Morey doesn't get something done, it won't be for lack of trying.

Morey credited owner Tilman Fertitta for allowing him to be aggressive."Tillman wants to win. He's spending whatever it takes. He's authorized me to go into the tax for multiple years going forward. We're going to spend whatever it takes to win," he said.
    He also noted that the Rockets were the best team following the All-Star break and said, "We are either going to add a third star or a top midlevel player to our core and be better next year."

Who else can the Lakers add?
    Will Houston make a bold move?
    Can the Knicks sign a marquee FA?
    Will KD find a new home, even with his injury?
    Is Golden State's dynasty over?
    Will #2 stay with Toronto?

These and other questions are looming............

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-17-2019)

Conley to Utah seems to have a lot of momentum...

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Jazz are not currently willing to include Derrick Favors in trade talks with the Grizzlies, according to sources of Tony Jones of The Athletic.

Utah and Memphis have reportedly engaged in preliminary discussions regarding Mike Conley, but per Jones, they haven't yet put Favors on the table. The Jazz have a team option on Favors worth $16.9 million this summer, so they could pick that up and then deal him, but to this point, that's not something that's been discussed.

SOURCE: Tony Jones on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

[QUOTE=RiverfrontRed;3963662]

Who else can the Lakers add?

If they go with another max contract, Kemba or Kyrie would be the main options. It would also limit the rest of the roster to minimum deals and essentially ring chasers.

I壇 rather see non max deals, with the bulk of it fed into the guard position.

Will Houston make a bold move?

Houston and Boston I think could be a potential match, both for Clint Capela and Chris Paul.

Capela and CP3 for Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, and Boston痴 first round picks.

Can the Knicks sign a marquee FA?

I think they can, but getting them back into the playoffs is another story. Continue the youth movement around Barrett and Knox.

Will KD find a new home, even with his injury?

I think he壇 be wise to opt in this year with the Warriors and try again next season.

Is Golden State's dynasty over?

Normally I壇 say yes, but I think GS will be a team that will have someone step up. Jordan Bell is one. Kevon Looney could take on a bigger role. There痴 also FA signings and the draft.

Will #2 stay with Toronto?

I think he does or goes to the Clippers. Lakers won稚 be in play.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

9. Likes:

RiverfrontRed (06-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

The Jazz are not currently willing to include Derrick Favors in trade talks with the Grizzlies, according to sources of Tony Jones of The Athletic.

Utah and Memphis have reportedly engaged in preliminary discussions regarding Mike Conley, but per Jones, they haven't yet put Favors on the table. The Jazz have a team option on Favors worth $16.9 million this summer, so they could pick that up and then deal him, but to this point, that's not something that's been discussed.

I'd rather the Jazz make a run at Russell, but not a guarantee he chooses Utah, so there is a risk.
    The Conley trade is better for Utah if they wait and try and trade into the cap space. If they do the trade this week it basically has to involve Favors.

Also I was traveling and didn't get a chance to join the AD trade conversation, but holy crap that is a lot to give up. I think they had to make the trade, but just an incredible haul with all the draft assets involved. I think there is a good chance the Pels make the playoffs as the 7 or 8 seed this season.

The Lakers should try and get 2 good players with the cap space they have, but it's the Lakers so they will chase Kemba or Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

I don't get what that deal does for the Grizz.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't get what that deal does for the Grizz.
    The Jazz could waive Rubio, keep Favors and then trade Crowder, Allen and the 23 pick for Conley. That would save Memphis about $17M in cap space plus Crowder and some young assets and let the Jazz keep Favors and Exum like they seem to want to do.

Doesn't really set my pants on fire, but that's probably how it would work if it works.

Crowder, Allen and the 23 pick for Conley? Seriously? If Utah swings that, I will be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Crowder, Allen and the 23 pick for Conley? Seriously? If Utah swings that, I will be shocked.
    Plus $17Mish in cap space for Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Plus $17Mish in cap space for Memphis.
    But you've got to get a player you actually want to keep in return for Conley. If that's the deal, it's a sign that no one else wants Conley. I feel like he could push a number teams into serious contention.

But you've got to get a player you actually want to keep in return for Conley. If that's the deal, it's a sign that no one else wants Conley. I feel like he could push a number teams into serious contention.
    But he makes a ton of money and not many of those teams have either the cap space and/or players to trade for someone making $33M a year.

Also they are going to draft Ja Morant and want to give him minutes right away. They have to trade Conley. Maybe there is a better trade out there, but again, it's hard to trade Conley.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRed27; 06-18-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    But he makes a ton of money and not many of those teams have either the cap space and/or players to trade for someone making $33M a year.
    I'm not so sure about that. For instance, made up trade:

Mo Bamba, Markelle Fultz, Timofey Mozgov and the $16 pick for Conley

Bamba and the #16 pick strikes me as better, plus maybe Fultz stops being terrible.

And I don't know exactly how the Celtics swing the money, but they could move multiple #1s for Conley.

I'm not so sure about that. For instance, made up trade:

Mo Bamba, Markelle Fultz, Timofey Mozgov and the $16 pick for Conley

Bamba and the #16 pick strikes me as better, plus maybe Fultz stops being terrible.

And I don't know exactly how the Celtics swing the money, but they could move multiple #1s for Conley.
    Right, but Orlando says no to that trade not Memphis. Why would Orlando want Conley? He doesn't make them a contender in the East in the next 2 seasons.

And why wouldn't Memphis want $17M in cap space to pay who they want than paying Mozgov's corpse this season?

Turn Off Ads?