Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I’m not your fwend buddy!)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I’m not your fwend buddy!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Suns trade TJ Warren to Indiana.

No clue what they got back, other than the 32nd pick this year. Apparently... cash?

If so, Indiana got a steal. Warren is better, IMO, than Bogdanovich, who'll cost more.
    Indiana also got the 32nd pick.

Now, Warren is a Pritchard-type of player who perfectly fits his idea of what it takes to win a Championship. This Rubio rumor is just crazy and feeds into McMillan's anal-control issues and damages Oladipo's up-tempo skillset. Rubio clogs the lane for anyone trying to cut to the rim.

Great pickup for Indiana. They get Bogdanovic's production at half the cost while receiving the 32nd pick to boot.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

NBA 2019-2020 (I’m not your fwend buddy!)

https://es.pn/2LcPqFl

Atlanta moves up to 4 for Hunter.

Not a bad haul for New Orleans. Three picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    https://es.pn/2LcPqFl

Atlanta moves up to 4 for Hunter.

Not a bad haul for New Orleans. Three picks.
    So, they ended up getting a great haul for A.D.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

5. Likes:

Chip R (06-21-2019)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Suns trade TJ Warren to Indiana.

No clue what they got back, other than the 32nd pick this year. Apparently... cash?

If so, Indiana got a steal. Warren is better, IMO, than Bogdanovich, who'll cost more.
    Actually, the Pacers will receive TJ Warren AND the 32nd pick for...wait for it...cash.

I'm flabbergasted. I suspect this points to Thad Young's departure, but they've been pining to also give TJ Leaf minutes, too.

As for Phoenix, either 1)They have designs on a marquee free-agent and cleared cap space accordingly. 2)It's a case of Robert Sarver, once again, proving that he's a massive cheapskate. Either way, Suns fans should also hope that Mikal Bridges secures the 4 position, playing well enough to justify the substantial price (a draftee with a much higher upside and a likely prime future draft pick) for acquiring Bridges' rights in the first place.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-20-2019)

Good thing the Pels brought in David Griffin to work with all these assets, I think things would be bleaker if Dell Demps was overseeing all this.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-20-2019),M2 (06-20-2019),Revering4Blue (06-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Indiana also got the 32nd pick.

Now, Warren is a Pritchard-type of player who perfectly fits his idea of what it takes to win a Championship. This Rubio rumor is just crazy and feeds into McMillan's anal-control issues and damages Oladipo's up-tempo skillset. Rubio clogs the lane for anyone trying to cut to the rim.

Great pickup for Indiana. They get Bogdanovic's production at half the cost while receiving the 32nd pick to boot.
    The Rubio rumor reeks of a Larry Bird (in the latter days of his tenure) decision. Perhaps, he still has substantial clout. I hope not. Bird was on fire there for a while with his decision-making, but was starting to slip. But even if Rubio is signed, it's likely that Aaron Holiday wins the starting job, anyway.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Actually, the Pacers will receive TJ Warren AND the 32nd pick for...wait for it...cash.

I'm flabbergasted. I suspect this points to Thad Young's departure, but they've been pining to also give TJ Leaf minutes, too.

As for Phoenix, either 1)They have designs on a marquee free-agent and cleared cap space accordingly. 2)It's a case of Robert Sarver, once again, proving that he's a massive cheapskate. Either way, Suns fans should also hope that Mikal Bridges secures the 4 position, playing well enough to justify the substantial price (a draftee with a much higher upside and a likely prime future draft pick) for acquiring Bridges' rights in the first place.
    You know I've mentioned I've never been a Thad Young fan. I always thought he had to be removed from the equation before Indiana could compete for an Eastern Conference Title. Sabonis needs to be unleashed, too. Wish they had Casey instead of Nate. Wish they had Joeger instead of Nate. Imagine this team with the pace Joeger would have them playing at? They literally would be the Indiana Pacers, bringing back memories of "Dan Patch".

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Dario Saric and the No. 11 pick have been traded to Phoenix, with the No. 6 pick going to Minnesota.

Saric is on a very friendly contract, owed $3.4 million this season with a $4.7 million qualifying offer next summer. Josh Jackson is the only real PF type on the Suns' roster currently, and Saric could be positioned for a nice fantasy campaign if he gets the minutes. It will cost the Suns a coveted draft pick, but they'll still be in the back half of the lottery.

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

- - - Updated - - -

Does that get Minnesota to the place they wanted to be? Probably not. I think they are still trying to move up higher and now they can.

The Rubio rumor reeks of a Larry Bird (in the latter days of his tenure) decision. Perhaps, he still has substantial clout.
    I really can't think of anything else driving this rumor.

Would love to have a flight on an airplane seated next to Pritchard.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-20-2019 at 06:54 PM.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Cavs reportedly intend to draft Vanderbilt PG Darius Garland at No. 5, but they are "still entertaining offers" for the pick.

The interest in Garland comes from reputable sources Marc Stein and Chris Haynes, and it sounds like the first five picks in the draft might be set -- Zion Williamson, Ja Morant, RJ Barrett, De'Andre Hunter and Garland. That could change if Cleveland flips their pick, but either way it won't take long for official picks to start rolling in.

SOURCE: Chris Haynes on Twitter

So, if Minnesota wants one of these five players, there it is.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-20-2019 at 06:55 PM.

You know I've mentioned I've never been a Thad Young fan. I always thought he had to be removed from the equation before Indiana could compete for an Eastern Conference Title. Sabonis needs to be unleashed, too. Wish they had Casey instead of Nate. Wish they had Joeger instead of Nate. Imagine this team with the pace Joeger would have them playing at? They literally would be the Indiana Pacers, bringing back memories of "Dan Patch".
    Thad’s inclusion made a lot more sense when LeBron was still in the Division and Conference as a player roughly his size to match-up with LeBron defensively. At least that was the given reasoning.

I, too, wanted the Pacers to go out of the family at the time of Vogel’s dismissal. But my main gripe isn’t /wasn’t the hiring of Nate, rather, the lack of a national search function for the job.

Many are convinced that a Sabine’s and Turner pairing will not work. I’m not one of them.

Thad’s inclusion made a lot more sense when LeBron was still in the Division and Conference as a player roughly his size to match-up with LeBron defensively. At least that was the given reasoning.

I, too, wanted the Pacers to go out of the family at the time of Vogel’s dismissal. But my main gripe isn’t /wasn’t the hiring of Nate, rather, the lack of a national search function for the job.

Many are convinced that a Sabine’s and Turner pairing will not work. I’m not one of them.
    Explain Sabine and Turner for me. I'm missing something here.

Explain Sabine and Turner for me. I'm missing something here.
    Sabonis and Turner.

Damn autocorrect!

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-20-2019)

I think you're dealing with the same problem Portland G.M.'s always dealt with as Paul Allen always had two influencing parties in his left and right ears: The Harvard Vampires of Vulcan and his BFF, Bert Kolde, who weasled his way onto the Blazers' Board as a V.P. and took away the concessions from locals who had been doing well running them. Kolde also operates Staples' concessions.

Larry Bird, despite no title, still has way too much control, and Pritchard learned from his Berzerk Assault from Allen to not challenge that scenario again. Be happy with the G.M. title, but be very aware of, and respectful of, who has power.

I wonder who's going first in the draft tonight???

Turn Off Ads?