Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Who was the last Kentucky player who wasn't any good in the pros?

I didn't think Marquis Teague was a good fit with Chicago. He left UK too early.

I thought SGA was picked too early last year. Knox too, IIRC.

I was wrong on at least one of those.

If I'm being totally honest, I think PJ Washington's fit in Charlotte is iffy. That said, I think he'll carve out a David West career (without the All-Star selection). That's not bad value at #12.
    The reasoning for the pick as I understand it:

1)Pre-draft, the Hornets lacked a big who can both stretch the floor and protect the rim. Other than Biyombo at times, they lacked a big capable of protecting the rim period.

2)They have little depth behind Marvin Williams at PF, unless they wish to employ MKG there. And even then, both MW and MKG are a year away from free agency.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I feel like Tacko Fall is worth a late pick here. You can't teach 7'7" with an 8' wingspan.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    The reasoning for the pick as I understand it:

1)Pre-draft, the Hornets lacked a big who can both stretch the floor and protect the rim. Other than Biyombo at times, they lacked a big capable of protecting the rim period.

2)They have little depth behind Marvin Williams at PF, unless they wish to employ MKG there. And even then, both MW and MKG are a year away from free agency.
    Poor reasoning in today's game, IMO.

MKG should be a second unit point center and a poor man's Draymond Green. That's his fit in today's game. That Charlotte continues to use him as a SF because he can defend there is stupid, frankly. Last year's best Charlotte team would have been Walker, Lamb, and Batum across the perimeter, with Williams/ Bridges at PF and MKG/ Biyombo/ Hernangomez at center.

Go small, run like hell, shoot the lights out.

Instead, they slowed it down and played conservatively both offensively and defensively.

- - - Updated - - -

Miami picks Bol Bol.

Great gamble here.

Even if he never contributes, he's worth this pick for the upside.

_______(Edit)______________

Check that. Denver gets Bol Bol.

Smart pick.

Denver is unafraid of picking injured guys-- Porter and Vanderbilt last season. Now Bol.
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-20-2019 at 11:58 PM.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-21-2019)

Three 2nd rounders is a great deal, IMO. Cheap bench production is essential for a mid-market team like Indy.
    Especially with the Heat likely heading toward a downward cycle. Though, health-willing, tonight's draft may alter the calculus.

Perhaps.

Get him out of Charlotte, and let's revisit that.
    Or pair him with a taller PG, such as Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, which, as you suggest, will likely require a change of scenery. Paring him with a small, ball-dominant PG like Kemba just 'ent going to work.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I feel like Tacko Fall is worth a late pick here. You can't teach 7'7" with an 8' wingspan.
    20 years ago, he'd have been a lottery pick.

If Bobo can do it...

8. Likes:

Chip R (06-21-2019),M2 (06-21-2019),Revering4Blue (06-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Or pair him with a taller PG, such as Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, which, as you suggest, will likely require a change of scenery. Paring him with a small, ball-dominant PG like Kemba just 'ent going to work.
    It's not like Monk stops being lousy when Kemba's not on the floor. He's young and maybe his offense clicks. Perhaps his problem is he's a smalltown kid and the lights are getting to him.

I was thinking it would be Nassir Little, who was the BATH (Best Available Tar Heel).
    Blazers will take him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

It's not like Monk stops being lousy when Kemba's not on the floor. He's young and maybe his offense clicks. Perhaps his problem is he's a smalltown kid and the lights are getting to him.
    Problem in Charlotte is time. As in, he doesn't get any.

A shooter needs both no conscience and confidence he's allowed to shoot. He needs a rhythm.

Monk's been gutted of confidence and given very little clock.

I suspect, if dealt to New York, for example, he's be a much better player.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-21-2019),Revering4Blue (06-21-2019)

Love the Brandon Clarke pick for Memphis.

The trio of he, Morant, and Jackson will be fun to watch.
    They were devastated by injuries last year. The team's development should be quick, as the emphasis is always on Defense in Memphis, so effort is an intangible demanded from anyone who plays for them (as is the case with Ainge in Boston...they have all the assets and a great Coach to once again quickly retool...they will be right in the hunt for a homecourt playoff seeding again).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Boston picks second tiny guard of the draft. Still can't figure out Ainge. So may draft picks. So many fails.

Literally, for no reason.

Then, Charlotte picks McDaniels to double up on Washington. And Williams. And MKG. And Kaminsky.

I mean, McDaniels isn't a poor pick. At all. But he's a poor fit in Charlotte.

So, Aron Baynes went to Phoenix along with the Ty Jerome pick, in exchange for the Bucks' #1 pick next year (almost surely not a good pick). Basically, they cleared cap space and they need a big, somewhat desperately. They are after Vucevich. Don't know if they're going to get him, but he's Plan A.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-21-2019),Revering4Blue (06-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Bol Bol must have had just terrible reports medically. I don稚 get this.
    He's a problem because he rebounds like he's 6'4" defensively...really struggles rebounding. Poor instincts.

Poor reasoning in today's game, IMO.

MKG should be a second unit point center and a poor man's Draymond Green. That's his fit in today's game. That Charlotte continues to use him as a SF because he can defend there is stupid, frankly. Last year's best Charlotte team would have been Walker, Lamb, and Batum across the perimeter, with Williams/ Bridges at PF and MKG/ Biyombo/ Hernangomez at center.

Go small, run like hell, shoot the lights out.

Instead, they slowed it down and played conservatively both offensively and defensively.
    Well. I correctly projected the pick. That's all that counts.

All kidding aside, several Hornets fans have been stating essentially the same arguments as you have. They're pretty happy with Borrego and Kupchak moving forward, but find it bizarre that Borrego, who has been a decent coach (all things considered) has employed such a lineup as suggested very infrequently.

Actually, I'm more impressed with their two second round picks, TBH. Kupchak has a solid track record with second rounders, so there's that.

Miami picks Bol Bol.

Great gamble here.

Even if he never contributes, he's worth this pick for the upside.

_______(Edit)______________

Check that. Denver gets Bol Bol.

Smart pick.

Denver is unafraid of picking injured guys-- Porter and Vanderbilt last season. Now Bol.
    That's already a nice second unit front line - health-willing, of course.

So, Aron Baynes went to Phoenix along with the Ty Jerome pick, in exchange for the Bucks' #1 pick next year (almost surely not a good pick). Basically, they cleared cap space and they need a big, somewhat desperately. They are after Vucevich. Don't know if they're going to get him, but he's Plan A.
    Were I Boston, I'd call Boogie Cousins instead.

Might even be cheaper and a much higher upside.

Boston picks second tiny guard of the draft. Still can't figure out Ainge. So may draft picks. So many fails.

Literally, for no reason.

Then, Charlotte picks McDaniels to double up on Washington. And Williams. And MKG. And Kaminsky.

I mean, McDaniels isn't a poor pick. At all. But he's a poor fit in Charlotte.
    Most 2nd round picks are going to the G League. I don't think you should view any of these recent picks as having immediate roles on NBA teams.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-21-2019)

Turn Off Ads?