Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

[QUOTE=WVRed;3964070]
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post

Houston and Boston I think could be a potential match, both for Clint Capela and Chris Paul.

Capela and CP3 for Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, and Boston’s first round picks.
    As a Rockets fan, I approve that trade.

2. Likes:

texasdave (06-18-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Right, but Orlando says no to that trade not Memphis. Why would Orlando want Conley? He doesn't make them a contender in the East in the next 2 seasons.

And why wouldn't Memphis want $17M in cap space to pay who they want than paying Mozgov's corpse this season?
    Still a good chance Orlando brings back Vuce (they've got Bird rights on him). Do that, add Conley, and it's the best team they've put on the floor in a decade.

I'm not sure what cap space does for the Grizz. Who's going there? They want young guys who can grow with Jackson and, I assume, Morant.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-18-2019)

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Orlando President of Basketball Operations, Jeff Weltman, said that Markelle Fultz' shoulder rehab has been going "very well."

"Markelle is in Orlando and he痴 working out and he痴 committed," said Weltman. "He痴 two feet in. I won稚 drill down on details, but he continues to make progress and he痴 here with our coaches, and we池e very excited about where he is right now." Fultz has only made it through a total of 33 games since being drafted No. 1 overall in the 2017 NBA draft, but maybe he'll finally be ready to show us who he is next season. His shot is a bit strange, but he has some sleeper appeal as he figures to be Orlando's starting PG next season.

SOURCE: Josh Robbins on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

7. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (06-18-2019)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

[QUOTE=WVRed;3964070]
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post

Who else can the Lakers add?

If they go with another max contract, Kemba or Kyrie would be the main options. It would also limit the rest of the roster to minimum deals and essentially ring chasers.

I壇 rather see non max deals, with the bulk of it fed into the guard position.

Can the Knicks sign a marquee FA?

I think they can, but getting them back into the playoffs is another story. Continue the youth movement around Barrett and Knox.

Will KD find a new home, even with his injury?

I think he壇 be wise to opt in this year with the Warriors and try again next season.

Is Golden State's dynasty over?

Normally I壇 say yes, but I think GS will be a team that will have someone step up. Jordan Bell is one. Kevon Looney could take on a bigger role. There痴 also FA signings and the draft.

Will #2 stay with Toronto?

I think he does or goes to the Clippers. Lakers won稚 be in play.
    Agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Will Houston make a bold move?

Houston and Boston I think could be a potential match, both for Clint Capela and Chris Paul.

Capela and CP3 for Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, and Boston痴 first round picks.
    This a good general idea, but the main (obvious) concern for me were I Ainge: Given his health concerns, CP3's albatross of a contract. Banking your future on the health of Hayward seems a much safer bet.

Counter offer: Capela and CP3 for Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, Robert Williams (Without Capela, the Rockets will need a young rim-protector), pick #14 on Thursday, Boston's (NOT the pick that originally belonged to Memphis) pick next year.

* Houston would now sport enviable depth and balance. And, given the likelihood of a Warriors dynasty on hiatus, would have to be at least considered the favorites in the West - no matter how successful Pelinka and company are with filling out the roster, among other variables (MIchael Porter Jr.s health/impact in Denver, for one) involving Western Conference contenders.

* For Boston (no heavy analysis here) this would be hella interesting, and wouldn't kill their cap-space. As a bonus, retaining picks #20 and #27 (and their second-rounder) prevents them from crippling their depth.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Still a good chance Orlando brings back Vuce (they've got Bird rights on him). Do that, add Conley, and it's the best team they've put on the floor in a decade.

I'm not sure what cap space does for the Grizz. Who's going there? They want young guys who can grow with Jackson and, I assume, Morant.
    Not anyone great, but can still bring in something useful for a year or two.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    But you've got to get a player you actually want to keep in return for Conley. If that's the deal, it's a sign that no one else wants Conley. I feel like he could push a number teams into serious contention.
    Yeah, I can't see Memphis interested in Favors as the principal return for Conley. It's kind of a long-shot, but a deal based around Exum, Korver, Crowder, Bradley or Allen and #23 may pique the Grizzlies' interest. But don't bet on it, as, OTTOMH, several teams could easily top that:

1)Chicago - Porter Jr, Dunn, Memphis' 2nd round pick returned to them (One of two 2nd rounders owed to Chicago for Justin Holiday), '20 #1 (Top-5 protected).

2)Boston - Hayward and Memphis' pick next year returned to them.

3)The Orlando deal that M2 mentioned.

4)Detroit - Jackson, Galloway, Maker, Bruce Brown and pick #15.

5)Suns - Tyler Johnson, T.J Warren, pick #31, '20 #1 (Top 5 protected).

6)Spurs - Derrick White, Patty Mills, Belinelli, Bertans, pick # 29.

But even if Utah only signs Darren Collison, Marcus Morris (in the event that they miss out on Tobias Harris) and drafts the BPA in both rounds, they'll be substantially better (at least on paper, health-willing than last season).
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

11. Likes:

M2 (06-18-2019)

Orlando isn't likely to give up any of - Bamba, Isaac, Fultz, or Gordon right now. I wouldn't expect anything significant from them this offseason outside of what happens with Vooch and TRoss. Fultz if healthy will be the big new factor and chances are we'll draft a two guard at #16. I prefer Keldon but NAW, Porter, or Langford could all be in play at #16. I'm not big on Herro as he's limited in some aspects of his game. If I'm Orlando, and I know this sounds crazy but I'd let Vucevic walk. This team is being built to play up tempo and I'd rather move forward with Bamba and Birch. Here is the lineup I'd prefer to see for next season

G - M.Fultz
    G - E.Fournier
    F - J.Isaac
    F - A.Gordon
    C - M.Bamba

BG - D.Augustin
    BG - T.Ross
    BC - K.Birch
    BG - K.Johnson
    BF - W.Iwundu
    BG - MC.Williams
    BF - J.Martin
    BF - M.Frazier

Going forward I'd also like to move Fournier and his 17 million PO for '20/'21.
    Moving these pieces (Fournier/Vucevic) would free up the space needed to make the necessary moves to open a larger window of contention.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-18-2019),Revering4Blue (06-19-2019)

Were I the Grizzly GM, I'd be fine with Conley and Morant together for a season. It's not like Memphis is a free agent destination anyway.

And that team, with health and a Morant infusion of talent, could well be in the playoffs. It's got some really nice pieces.

They need shooters, and Conley has turned himself into a very good shooter who could play either on or off the ball.

They should receive nearly full value for him at this point. There are some good teams who are desperate for a PG and a dearth of good PGs around the league. (And Conley is, IMO, the best PG on the market-- better than Kyrie Irving or Kemba Walker.)

I'd call, in order of preference:

Denver
    Will Barton, Gary Harris, Jarred Vanderbilt, and the rights to Trey Lyles
    Conley would make the Nuggets the best team in the West. This trade allows Jamal Murray to move to SG (his natural position), improving the team at two positions. Barton's an extra piece who makes too much money (and gets to come home) and is easily replaceable by other, cheaper guys on the team. (Denver has done such a great job developing or finding wings. The rest of the league should take note.) Vanderbilt and Lyles are depth-only in Denver, but could be nice pieces if given time. Harris and Barton would start for Memphis at the wings. Lyles and Vanderbilt would be cheap bench guys across the three front court spots. The salaries match too.

Minnesota
    Robert Covington, Dario Saric, and Jeff Teague
    OR
    Andrew Wiggins and their 2019 1st rounder
    The T-Wolves don't know what to do with Covington or Saric, it seems. Both were largely wasted after the Butler deal. If Saunders doesn't like them, a deal for a PG who could make them far better makes sense. The salaries match too.
    A more interesting (and risky) trade is one for Wiggins. He makes a massive amount of money, but the talent's unquestionable. Perhaps he finds himself as the primary scorer for his team. A Big Three of Valanciunas, Wiggins, and Morant would be a fun one to watch.

Boston Celtics
    Conley for the 2020 Grizz pick, salary ballast, and the two low first rounders this year
    OR straight up for Gordon Hayward
    Boston gets a roster that actually works well together, with Brown and Tatum on the wings and Conley at the point. Salary ballast would be tricky, but doable. The picks would be key to the deal for Memphis and allow them to rebuild slowly. Or, more intriguingly, they could get Hayward and see if they could turn him into what they thought they were getting with Chandler Parsons.

Phoenix
    Conley for the 32 pick this year, Josh Jackson, and TJ Warren
    Phoenix becomes a sneaky good playoff possibility with Conley playing next to Booker. (This assumes someone in Phoenix decides to play-- and coach-- defense.) A Conley, Booker, Ayton Big Three is good inside and out. They could then grab Julius Randle on the free agent market and go to war. The 2nd rounder is valuable enough, but Warren is the key here. He's either a good-stats, bad-team guy or underrated. I'm going with the latter. Jackson reminds me of a souped-up Tony Allen with more upside. Makes sense to move him to Memphis.

Charlotte
    Malik Monk, Miles Bridges, and at least one future 2nd rounder
    Why would Charlotte do this? Because Michael Jordan won't rebuild. Monk plays no defense but has been given no chance. He's from the area (Arkansas) and is a bit of a redneck. They'd love him. Bridges would give Memphis two wings to build around. This is a gamble-- if you believe in your development team, Monk could be a 20 pt. a game perennial All-Star. He scores in bunches. Give him clock, and he'd do that. Whether he gives up just as many is on team culture.

Chicago
    Otto Porter, Kris Dunn, and a protected 1st round pick
    Chicago has a pretty good front court, but need a PG badly. Conley would make that team good enough to at least consider the playoffs next season. Memphis would provide Dunn a third chance at PG adequacy. Porter is extraordinarily expensive, but should be a good shooter for another five years. The 1st rounder is for taking on Dunn and the Porter contract.

15. Likes:

M2 (06-18-2019)

But why would anyone on that list besides Denver or Boston trade for him? It's a 2 year trade, so you have to be convinced that trading for him moves you into contention right now. That's the limiting factor in this trade, not who can put the best package together.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    But why would anyone on that list besides Denver or Boston trade for him? It's a 2 year trade, so you have to be convinced that trading for him moves you into contention right now. That's the limiting factor in this trade, not who can put the best package together.
    It depends on what you mean by contention.

Chicago has a good, young front court and Zach LaVine; Conley might make them playoff contenders as well.

Only Charlotte (and Jordan) are left-- and they might do it just so they don't suck.

Phoenix would absolutely make that deal just to compete for a playoff spot. Ditto Minnesota.

As most of us said here all along, it was always going to be Jerry West, Steve Balmer, Doc Rivers, Orange County and the L.A. Clippers. Kahwi threw his own wrench into this by winning a Championship in Toronto against a very weak East and an injury-riddled West.

I think it's still the Clippers. The endorsements alone could be worth $500M while he's there in L.A. He already gave Toronto everything. There's nothing unfinished there. He's a permanent Legend and he can close that door. He gets to open the door to L.A. on top of the World with a Billionaire as an Owner, the best Consultant the NBA has ever known (it's logo), a Championship Coach, and enough talent already there to be the frontrunners for another title.

According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Kawhi Leonard is expected to choose between the Clippers and the Raptors this offseason.

No surprise here, as it's been assumed the Clips and Raps were the frontrunners, but it's worth noting that Woj believes that's still the case this close to free agency. The Raptors, fresh off the franchise's first NBA championship, can offer more guaranteed money and one more year on their max offer. We'll see how important that is to Kawhi, or if he is set on returning home to California. It's not hyperbole to suggest that his decision could very well shift the balance of power in the league.

SOURCE: ESPN.com
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Add another quality player to the UFA list:

Al Horford will not exercise the $30.1M option on his 2019-20 contract and become an unrestricted free agent, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Losing both Horford and Kyrie Irving via free agency, without receiving anything in return, would be a brutal blow for Boston. Horford, who is still extremely effective on both ends of the floor, has been a crucial contributor for the Celtics. However, Wojnarowski does note that Horford and the Celtics both have an interest in working toward a new deal in July. Stay tuned.

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    It depends on what you mean by contention.

Chicago has a good, young front court and Zach LaVine; Conley might make them playoff contenders as well.

Only Charlotte (and Jordan) are left-- and they might do it just so they don't suck.

Phoenix would absolutely make that deal just to compete for a playoff spot. Ditto Minnesota.
    I mean at least be in contention to make the conference finals.

Chicago might be an 8 seed, same for Phoenix although the west is much tougher so I doubt it. I suppose Minnesota would be a playoff team with him, but isn't a legit contender. I'm not saying your wrong, maybe those teams would do something like that to get in the playoff mix, but that's all it does for them and seems like a silly move to make for all of them given where they are at in rebuilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Andrew Wiggins and their 2019 1st rounder
    Love that idea for Conley. It's the kind of risk the Grizz need to take and the addition the Wolves need to put a playoff team around KAT. Do not sleep on how much it would mean to Minnesota fans to have a couple of years of a functional team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Add another quality player to the UFA list:

Al Horford will not exercise the $30.1M option on his 2019-20 contract and become an unrestricted free agent, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.

Losing both Horford and Kyrie Irving via free agency, without receiving anything in return, would be a brutal blow for Boston. Horford, who is still extremely effective on both ends of the floor, has been a crucial contributor for the Celtics. However, Wojnarowski does note that Horford and the Celtics both have an interest in working toward a new deal in July. Stay tuned.

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
    Makes sense that Horford opted in. He wasn't getting $30M on the open market. Can the Celtics still renegotiate and extend him with the opt in? I think they can (in fact, opting in might have been necessary for that), but the rules on these things are a level of arcane I haven't attempted to unravel. The idea that's been kicked around is the Celtics might turn Horford's 1/30 into a 3/70 and buy themselves some cap space.

Turn Off Ads?