Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (Iツ知 not your fwend buddy!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    This team as currently constructed will, IMO, struggle to shoot from deep.
    You keep saying this, but here's the 3P% of various Sixers from last season:

Harris - .397
    Horford - .360
    Richardson - .357
    Scott - ..401
    Neto - .333
    Ennis - .353

Seems like they've got plenty of outside shooting.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Trying to see a deal for Westbrook. Let's play "Who says no?"

1. Miami trades Tyler Herro, Goran Dragic, and James Johnson to OKC for Westbrook and a draft pick.
    Miami in win-now mode, pairs Westbrook with Butler. OKC gets trade chips and Herro.

2. Westbrook and Adams to Charlotte for draft picks, Nik Batum, Bismark Biyombo, and Marvin Williams.
    Each of the three Hornets is in the last year of his contract. Williams has trade value.

3. Westbrook to Minnesota for Covington and Wiggins, straight up.
    This is my personal fave. Just for the possible drama and storylines. Wiggins goes back "home" (KU alum). Covington becomes a massive trade chip. Westbrook might murder KAT. Love it.

4. Westbrook to Toronto for Kyle Lowry. Straight up.
    Toronto re-loads. Kind of. Lowry's got one year left on his contract. This is an F you deal of the first order.

5. Westbrook and Adams to Cleveland for Brandon Knight, Tristan Thompson, and Kevin Love.
    Too few balls for three PG's (four, if you count Porter. And you should.) But how much fun would it be seeing Westbrook play SF?

BONUS. Westbrook to Indiana for Myles Turner, Dylan McDermott, and TJ Warren.
    Just kidding.
    I think I'd just keep Russ and go for it with the team they've got. Gallinari, SGA, Muscala and Burks add shooting to that team. They need another forward (preferably a PF), but their 2nd unit is Noel, Muscala, Diallo, Burks and Schroder. That's a pretty deep team. A lot's going to rest on whether SGA and Terrance Ferguson each can take a step forward, and whether Galli stays relatively healthy. Looks like a fun team on paper. I think people are sleeping on them.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think I'd just keep Russ and go for it with the team they've got. Gallinari, SGA, Muscala and Burks add shooting to that team. They need another forward (preferably a PF), but their 2nd unit is Noel, Muscala, Diallo, Burks and Schroder. That's a pretty deep team. A lot's going to rest on whether SGA and Terrance Ferguson each can take a step forward, and whether Galli stays relatively healthy. Looks like a fun team on paper. I think people are sleeping on them.
    I see a team that is a ticking time bomb. This is the first time Russ will not have another star to play with. This is going to be the weakest OKC team he's had. He's going to be extremely emotional which could lead to on the court explosions. Even if things don't get ugly I can't imagine they'll do any better than maybe sneaking into the playoffs at 7th or 8th if they're lucky. Russ is loyal to OKC but this season will test him. They're pretty much going into a full rebuild around him.

I just don't imagine he'll be apart of that team for more than a few more days at most. The only reason for OKC to continue their relationship with him would be to keep the fan base from disappearing completely.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I would be shocked if Russ is still on that team by the end of the week
    just traded grant for a 1st rd pick...it's not if, but when, and when is very, very soon.

It's westbrook-trade-hunting season and Elmer Presti is locked-and-loaded looking for a trade partner. He may have go wait another two months for some trades to be available, or the paramaters could be put in place. Some players can't be retraded for a year, while some players can't be retraded for 60 days. But, I doubt seriously if Westbrook is wearing an OKC uniform on September 15th.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

1. Miami trades Tyler Herro, Goran Dragic, and James Johnson to OKC for Westbrook and a draft pick.
    Miami in win-now mode, pairs Westbrook with Butler. OKC gets trade chips and Herro.

2. Westbrook and Adams to Charlotte for draft picks, Nik Batum, Bismark Biyombo, and Marvin Williams.
    Each of the three Hornets is in the last year of his contract. Williams has trade value.

This is my personal fave. Just for the possible drama and storylines. Wiggins goes back "home" (KU alum). Covington becomes a massive trade chip. Westbrook might murder KAT. Love it.

Toronto re-loads. Kind of. Lowry's got one year left on his contract. This is an F you deal of the first order.

5. Westbrook and Adams to Cleveland for Brandon Knight, Tristan Thompson, and Kevin Love.
    Too few balls for three PG's (four, if you count Porter. And you should.) But how much fun would it be seeing Westbrook play SF?

BONUS. Westbrook to Indiana for Myles Turner, Dylan McDermott, and TJ Warren.
    Just kidding.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right. I forget about Williams and Shamet.
    Trading for Westbrook is a desperation act. Who is desperate? Someone that trades for Jimmy Butler is definitely desperate.

Option 1 looks very likely.

The Knicks and Suns should be on every stupid trade option.

Question: Westbrook is a 10-year vet. Does he have a right to refuse a trade?

#3 won't happen because they have a new President of Basketball Operations, who looks to be patient and looks to not be stupid

#2 anything is possible with Jordan

#4 will never happen. They have a very good G.M. who is not in desperation mode. They are the defending champs. Why ruin that good feeling by bringing in Westbrook?

#5 never know with Cleveland, but it seems like it would undo what they seem to be putting together.

#1 seems to have a 75% chance of happening.

The easiest option for Presti would be the Knicks.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-08-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Going to be interesting to find out what Trent, Jr, Simons, Little, Zach Collins, Bazemore, Hood and Hassan Whiteside look like come April after a full season together. C.J. should also have a bounce-back season. Last year was a down season for him.

Why not Westbrook to Philadelphia for Ben Simmons? They are discussing a new contract for Simmons right now. With Simmons new contract, they can then add whatever they need to to get the deal done. They have draft picks to trade. That's actually a team that Westbrook could have success with on the court, especially with Al Horford there. They would instantly be equal to the Clippers as far as NBA Title contenders.

Elton Brand has shown a willingness to do absolutely anything at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I see a team that is a ticking time bomb. This is the first time Russ will not have another star to play with. This is going to be the weakest OKC team he's had. He's going to be extremely emotional which could lead to on the court explosions. Even if things don't get ugly I can't imagine they'll do any better than maybe sneaking into the playoffs at 7th or 8th if they're lucky. Russ is loyal to OKC but this season will test him. They're pretty much going into a full rebuild around him.

I just don't imagine he'll be apart of that team for more than a few more days at most. The only reason for OKC to continue their relationship with him would be to keep the fan base from disappearing completely.
    That last part matters more than a little. Yet Russ played without another star three seasons ago and won an MVP.

I'd say the line for whether they're going into a full rebuild is whether they trade Russ. Otherwise it's letting SGA and Ferguson step up with a veteran group around them (Russ, Adams and Galli), and then using their pile of future assets (just got another 1st from the Nuggets for Jerami Grant) to do a more staged turnover. Technically speaking, the Thunder might be in position to build a new contender and never have sucked in getting there. They run about 12 deep in legit players at the moment, kind of reminds me of the Clippers last season.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-08-2019)

East thoughts:

Nominal favorites: Milwaukee, Philly

Big upside: Boston, Brooklyn, Indiana

Still not done: Toronto, Miami

Grab bag: Orlando, Detroit

Most helium: Chicago

Tank time: Washington

Too damn young: Atlanta, Cleveland

No: New York Charlotte

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-08-2019),Revering4Blue (07-08-2019)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

It's apparently not a popular position, but I agree with you. The wildcards here: 1)If Roberson is finally healthy, as he'd balance out the lineup, especially as a 3 with Gallo at the 4? 2)Since it's unlikely that Patrick Patterson will be moved and they may as well utilize him as a backup 4, can he rebound to close to his career 36.7% from downtown?

As a point of reference, just within the past 48 hours or so, Presti has accumulated picks at a Hinkie-like pace. Therefore, not unlike the situation in Philly, Presti needs to only hit on 50 per cent of first rounders and 25 per cent of second rounders to build a contender. That's true whether Westbrook is dealt before the season or not.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

15. Likes:

M2 (07-08-2019)

Much better Westbrook proposals than I've read anywhere. Nicely done.

#1 particularly intrigues me, but I'd hate like hell to give up Herro, as it leaves the Heat thin depth-wise at 2G with McGruder off to the Clips.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

As of today, three contenders just strengthened themselves:

Jerami Grant dealt to Denver.

JaMychal Green is returning to the Clippers on a two-year, $10M deal.

Once he clears waivers, Avery Bradley will join the Lakers on a two-year, $9.7M deal.

--------------------------------

Jabari Parker is joining the Hawks on a two-year, $13M deal.

The Nuggets have rescinded their qualifying offer on Trey Lyles, making him an unrestricted free agent.

A good fit for Lyles, Brooklyn?

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (Iツ知 not your fwend buddy!)

You keep saying this, but here's the 3P% of various Sixers from last season:

Harris - .397
    Horford - .360
    Richardson - .357
    Scott - ..401
    Neto - .333
    Ennis - .353

Seems like they've got plenty of outside shooting.
    They're also rumored as the destination for Kyle Korver once he's bought out - once again, terrible asset managing - by the Suns.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-08-2019)

What in the hey? Per Rotoworld:

Alec Burks will join the Warriors on a one-year deal.

He originally committed to the Thunder, but OKC let him change course once they traded away Paul George to kickstart a rebuild.

Also, The Hawks have traded Spellman to the Warriors. The Hawks will get a second-round pick and Damian Jones in return. Spellman can play the four and five and gives the Warriors another option behind Draymond Green.

21. Likes:

M2 (07-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    JaMychal Green is returning to the Clippers on a two-year, $10M deal.
    Very good chance he starts for that team. Green can play.

Jabari Parker is joining the Hawks on a two-year, $13M deal.
    Adding Parker to the league's worst defense seems like an obvious mistake.

The Nuggets have rescinded their qualifying offer on Trey Lyles, making him an unrestricted free agent.

A good fit for Lyles, Brooklyn?
    I assume he'll get a number of suitors. Toronto or Detroit might be a good fit for him.

- - - Updated - - -

What in the hey? Per Rotoworld:

Alec Burks will join the Warriors on a one-year deal.

He originally committed to the Thunder, but OKC let him change course once they traded away Paul George to kickstart a rebuild.

Also, The Hawks have traded Spellman to the Warriors. The Hawks will get a second-round pick and Damian Jones in return. Spellman can play the four and five and gives the Warriors another option behind Draymond Green.
    Wonder if that means OKC doesn't really have Muscala too?

23. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-08-2019)

Turn Off Ads?