Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I’m not your fwend buddy!)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I’m not your fwend buddy!)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Is Calipari about ready to retire?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Nope but as a UF fan this would be my nightmare scenario
    Cal signed a 10 year contract that is essentially a “lifetime” contract. There’s an opt out year in the middle of it.

If/when that does happen I doubt it will be Donovan. He turned down Kentucky twice and personality wise I don’t think he can handle Lexington (not many college coaches can).

My prediction for Donovan: IU. Unless Archie pulls off a Hail Mary between now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

There’s a possibility this lineup could be on the floor at a given time next season:

PG-SGA
    SG-Hamidou Diallo
    SF-Tyler Herro
    PF-Patrick Patterson
    C-Nerlens Noel

I’m a UK fan but that’s the worst team in the NBA.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Marcus Morris may be backing out of agreement with the Spurs. Integrity.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Seems like you've either got a contract or you don't. If he's backing out, then they don't have a contract.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    “Tegridy”

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Seems like you've either got a contract or you don't. If he's backing out, then they don't have a contract.
    Agreement...backing out of an agreement. Lack of integrity.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Bruce Brown's Defense alone will get him, at least, his 19.6 mpg he got last year. As he develops a shot, that will go up. He seems to have already passed Luke Kennard at the Wing position, even though Kennard is a pure shooter.
    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Bruce Brown triple-doubled against the 76ers on Wednesday with 11 points, 14 rebounds, 10 assists, one steal, two blocks and three turnovers in just 27 minutes.

He joins Lonzo Ball as the only players ever to put up a triple-double in Las Vegas Summer League. The Pistons have said they are really throwing PG responsibilities at him in Las Vegas, and he's flourished in this role against weaker competition.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

10. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-10-2019)

Agreement...backing out of an agreement. Lack of integrity.
    Sorry, I'm the son of a contract lawyer. Sign the deal or there is no deal.

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (IÂ’m not your fwend buddy!)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sorry, I'm the son of a contract lawyer. Sign the deal or there is no deal.
    Then you should know better than this.

Obviously, your parent never did an NBA contract or you wouldn't have mentioned your not until it's signed comment. You should have more respect for the process.

At a minimum there are at least 100 people's jobs who start moving once an agreement is done in the NBA. If everyone waited until the "final" contracts were signed, free agency would take six months. They don't bring in newly signed players for "press conferences", but to sign an agreement on the parameters of a contract, so that lawyers can proceed with the details of the contract, which takes days, weeks, or months. It not only has to be approved by the NBA and by both parties, but it also has to pass the legality of an independent audit from a firm like Arthur Anderson. All contract have to be inspected by an independent firm to make sure that both parties aren't breaking the law.

There are three types of people who renege on agreements:

1. People with so little experience in life that they are completely oblivious to what the word "professionalism" means

2. People who believe they are the Center of the Universe. They can have law degrees, medical degrees, or no degree. Education has nothing to do with this. We all know who they are. They are those people who drive 55 in the left hand lane, who aren't so senile that they shouldn't be driving. They think they have integrity, but it's misplaced.

3. There are those with no integrity. They act like they are 5 years old. The Morris brothers. DeAndre Jordan.

For all these people, they must pay a price for their character flaw. It's called "Earnest" money in a real estate "agreement". The word "earnest" is used for a very good reason. Their agreement sets in motion professionals from all over who have to put aside what they are doing to work for them and not someone else. The earnest money isn't meant to reciprocate the losses of time and money those who have been offended by the person with no integrity, but it is meant as a deterrent from them from doing so in the first place.

The NBA has no "earnest" penalty set in place because it's expected that the players should act like professionals and like decent human beings with integrity.

But, a 5-year old like Morris, who's been through this and knows the process, found out that he has to work his butt off when playing for POPS, he decided it was too much for him and decided to go to a place that caters to 5-year old minds.

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (IÂ’m not your fwend buddy!)

Then you should know better than this.
    That's childish. When millions of dollars are at play, get the official paperwork done. That's what professionals do, and they don't count their money or consider things concluded until it's done. Morris quite literally wasn't locked down. You can be as raw about it as you wish, but you're not paying his bills and trying to get his family set for life. Morris is eight years into the league, never had a big contract and is coming off his best season. I can testify the guy played his tail off this past season. Get yourself some paper Marcus Morris.

Plus, this is only happening because the Knicks suddenly have money because they're backing out of their "deal" with Reggie Bullock. Anybody gnashing their teeth over that? Anybody?

This covers it pretty well - https://deadspin.com/until-theres-a-...act-1836245941

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-11-2019)

Interesting read. Part two comes out tomorrow:

https://es.pn/2XBwnah

Russell Westbrook to the Rockets for CP3 and draft picks.

Westbrook to Houston for Paul and 2 first rounders

Edit: just beat me too it!

OKC has A LOT of draft picks

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Westbrook to Houston for Paul and 2 first rounders

Edit: just beat me too it!

OKC has A LOT of draft picks
    The earliest pick in this trade is 2021. Still, a pretty impressive haul. I imagine they will try to flip CP3 too.

19. Likes:

M2 (07-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Russell Westbrook to the Rockets for CP3 and draft picks.
    Yowza!

Daryl Morey never sleeps.

Odds of CP3 ever playing a game for OKC?

Turn Off Ads?