Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I know international basketball is a different animal, but somebody ought to try to pilfer Juancho Hernangomez off the Nuggets. He looks like a quality stretch 4.
    I realize that most are jumping on the bandwagons of the LA teams. But, IMHO, some are sleeping on Denver and Houston, and I can't understand why.

Behind projected starting forwards, Barton and Milsap, they've got Craig, Juanacho and Grant - the latter two can play either forward positions and Craig can swing to the backcourt. And this isn't counting Plumlee playing behind Jokic. If they get anything positive from Porter, Jr., look out!

If even remotely healthy, that's an embarrassment of riches up front, to say nothing of the backcourt corp. Juanacho or a healthy Porter Jr. may get jettisoned mid-season for more "seasoned" help in an effort to put the Nugs over the top.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-14-2019),M2 (09-14-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Iso Joe returns to the NBA with the Pistons. Backing up Snell, If nothing else, allows for Bruce Brown to spend more time in the backcourt (tag-teaming with Kennard), while Casey can bring Mykhailiuk and Doumbouya along slowly.

Of course, Casey, unlike his predecessor, is not afraid to play youngsters. Given that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Doumbaya to eventually blossom - not unlike a certain Raptors player developed by Casey....Pascal Siakam.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Iso Joe returns to the NBA with the Pistons. Backing up Snell, If nothing else, allows for Bruce Brown to spend more time in the backcourt (tag-teaming with Kennard), while Casey can bring Mykhailiuk and Doumbouya along slowly.

Of course, Casey, unlike his predecessor, is not afraid to play youngsters. Given that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Doumbaya to eventually blossom - not unlike a certain Raptors player developed by Casey....Pascal Siakam.
    I question how much Johnson still has in the tank. I've got to believe he's a 2nd unit guy.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-13-2019)

I question how much Johnson still has in the tank. I've got to believe he's a 2nd unit guy.
    I thought he was done three years ago, but then he surprised me with some decent play.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-14-2019)

I suspect that's the plan. Along with Markief Morris and Derrick Rose - and Luke Kennard, if Casey opts to start Bruce Brown there with Snell at SF - he'll help to anchor the second unit.

On paper at least, that's a heck of a lot more punch than last season's bench.

I realize that most are jumping on the bandwagons of the LA teams. But, IMHO, some are sleeping on Denver and Houston, and I can't understand why.

Behind projected starting forwards, Barton and Milsap, they've got Craig, Juanacho and Grant - the latter two can play either forward positions and Craig can swing to the backcourt. And this isn't counting Plumlee playing behind Jokic. If they get anything positive from Porter, Jr., look out!

If even remotely healthy, that's an embarrassment of riches up front, to say nothing of the backcourt corp. Juanacho or a healthy Porter Jr. may get jettisoned mid-season for more "seasoned" help in an effort to put the Nugs over the top.
    history suggests that gets you a great regular season record, but elite dynamic stars hang banners. I think Denver likely has a better record than both LA teams this year, but if healthy both LA teams would likely dismiss Denver in a 7 game series without a great deal of trouble.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    history suggests that gets you a great regular season record, but elite dynamic stars hang banners. I think Denver likely has a better record than both LA teams this year, but if healthy both LA teams would likely dismiss Denver in a 7 game series without a great deal of trouble.
    As I preach every year,...that's a perfect world, and it's never a perfect world. Injuries will happen. DEN has the depth, and then some, to absorb them.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

13. Likes:

M2 (09-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    As I preach every year,...that's a perfect world, and it's never a perfect world. Injuries will happen. DEN has the depth, and then some, to absorb them.
    And the Lakers are highly overrated.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

Chip R (09-25-2019),Kingspoint (09-19-2019),Slyder (09-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Jokic isn稚 an elite star?

Not to mention the depth (again, if relativity healthy) to obtain a difference-maker at the trading deadline.

18. Likes:

M2 (09-18-2019)

Jokic isn’t an elite star?
    His stat that impressed me the most was his top of the list in the NBA for "time ball is in his hands before another pass", where he rotates it faster than they do on the Warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention the depth (again, if relativity healthy) to obtain a difference-maker at the trading deadline.
    Their entire second unit could start as well as most of their third unit.

20. Likes:

M2 (09-19-2019),Revering4Blue (09-19-2019)

The Bucks are getting fined for saying they would give Giannis a max deal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bucks-fined...193731970.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The Bucks are getting fined for saying they would give Giannis a max deal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bucks-fined...193731970.html
    That's strange. A team should be able to speak with their own players about anything regarding their future.

23. Likes:

M2 (09-24-2019),Revering4Blue (09-25-2019)

That's strange. A team should be able to speak with their own players about anything regarding their future.
    I guess it's a rule that you can't do it publicly.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Coach Nate McMillan confirmed that T.J. Warren will start at small forward.

Warren will be joined by Malcolm Brogdon, Jeremy Lamb, Damontas Sabonis, and Myles Turner in the starting unit. Warren has finished inside the top-75 overall in nine-category fantasy leagues each of the last three seasons. As long as he can stay healthy, he is a very good bet to outproduce his ADP in 2019-20.

Turn Off Ads?