Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Again, I look forward to revisiting this discussion in a few months. Isaac is about to become a superstar. Orlando has deemed him untouchable in any trade discussions. If Fultz does what I think he's about to do this team is going to take the league by storm.
    Why not revisit this discussion Nov. 1st, Nov.15th, Dec. 1st and Dec. 15th? I know I will.

Going Tuesday to watch a 50th Anniversary Game vs the Nuggets at the old Veterans' Memorial Coliseum, where it all began. There's a new 50th Anniversary Court (I remember how Bird new every floorboard of the old parquet and would use it to his advantage defensively, forcing a player into a dead spot, or so the story goes...you have to be careful changing hardwoods). They are bringing it over to the Coliseum for this one game. There are also new uniforms. Why not? It's a whole new team except for Hood, Collins, Dame and C.J. with Simon and Trent added to eight new players and a potential ninth with the open roster spot.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

No PG. No Leonard. No Problem. They have Harkless to start along with Shamet and Beverly to distribute. They easily have the best quality team in the NBA and are easily it's best Defensive Player. They don't need a rim-protector because their on-ball defense and passing lanes will smother everything.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Orlando is trying really hard to not talk about Fultz. They want zero expectations for him.

5. Likes:

M2 (10-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    they need a legit SF. At some point I can seen them concluding that they have to move Gordon. He is playing out of position in my opinion, and it becomes hard to space the floor with Gordon, Isaac and Vuc on the court....and they will only get tougher if Fultz has not fixed his shot. Overall, I think they are in a good position, but their fans should not get too attached to the roster because I do think there will be changes.
    I look at NBA rosters now as PGs, wings, and centers as opposed to the traditional PG, SG, SF, PF, C. The PG position seems to have the most ?s but I expect DJ to play solid again, MCW is a tremendous change of style PG coming off the bench and I have high hopes for Fultz. The wing is loaded with Fournier, Ross, Isaac, Gordon, Aminu, and Iwundu and down low the trio of Vucevic, Bamba, and Birch is one of the best in the league.

People are so caught up in Fultz shot (understandably so) that they are forgetting all of the other things that he can do. He can get to the paint at will and is going to have a considerable size advantage over almost every opposing PG. He wasn't drafted #1 overall because he was a great shooter. He can do it all.

Outside of adding some shooting or replacing someone who gets injured I don't foresee a lot of changes to this roster. At 134 million they are just over the 132 million luxury cap but just under the 138 million luxury apron. They only have one expiring deal worth more than a minimum (DJ) and aren't likely to move Fournier and his '20/'21 PO. I don't think you'll see a lot of changes to this team.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You aren't putting eggs in the Markelle Fultz basket, are you? He'd do very well just to play a full season and not be a shooting/ball handling liability.

I'll buy Isaac for a leap forward, but I'm not sure what that team is getting from the wings. It's going to have a lot of guys in the paint.
    I am based on the information that has been available. I'm not expecting that he's all the sudden going to have completely moved past his shooting issues, I think that will continue to be a work in progress, and there is always the chance that he has a setback but based on his complete game and the progress he has made I am expecting big things out of him this season. Everything Orlando has done since acquiring him points to them feeling the same way. They could've drafted a guard but didn't, they could've signed another guard but didn't, and they picked up his '20/'21 option without hesitation, which is for 12.3 million. Then you have all of the players who have given rave reviews. First it was Caron Butler who said he's picking Fultz as his MIP, now you have teammates like DJ saying he is going to shock people, Gordon saying people are going to realize how special of a player he is, and previously referred to him as a "monster".

I have no issue with anyone who is skeptical, the kid has gone through a significant issue and will undoubtedly have growing pains going forward and even potentially some set backs but as of right now I am expecting Fultz is going to be a massive addition to an already surging Orlando team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Orlando is trying really hard to not talk about Fultz. They want zero expectations for him.
    But at the same time struggling to contain their excitement.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

I'll pass on the Magic in the Top 3 in the East. If I was a betting man, I'd say the first round of the playoffs will be on the road for them.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I'll pass on the Magic in the Top 3 in the East. If I was a betting man, I'd say the first round of the playoffs will be on the road for them.
    They are going to have to do better than some really good teams to finish 3rd. Should they do it, it won't be a fluke.

You aren't putting eggs in the Markelle Fultz basket, are you? .
    A rare instance where "Markelle Fultz" and Putting in the basket are use in the same sentence

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-04-2019),M2 (10-04-2019)

Harden was a beast vs the LAC. +38 in 28 minutes. Harkless and Shamet were bad in their starts.

Was just breezing through preseason box scores and noticed Lonzo Ball is shooting 3's almost exclusively, and he's making them.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Was just breezing through preseason box scores and noticed Lonzo Ball is shooting 3's almost exclusively, and he's making them.
    box score looks fairly normal to me tonight....in the 3rd Q he is 3 of 8 from 3 which is solid....and 3 of 10 overall which is not. Still appears to be avoiding the foul line like the plague.

box score looks fairly normal to me tonight....in the 3rd Q he is 3 of 8 from 3 which is solid....and 3 of 10 overall which is not. Still appears to be avoiding the foul line like the plague.
    A couple of misses brought his 3P% close to normal, but I find it fascinating they have him chucking up that many 3's. Apparently space must be created around Zion.

A couple of misses brought his 3P% close to normal, but I find it fascinating they have him chucking up that many 3's. Apparently space must be created around Zion.
    I am a Lakers fan....I felt like he played the same way as a Laker. He has to improve his ability to finish and make free throws....doing either would greatly enhance his game.

I am a Lakers fan....I felt like he played the same way as a Laker. He has to improve his ability to finish and make free throws....doing either would greatly enhance his game.
    Agreed, but for tonight it looks like they wanted him doing a Klay imitation.

The Lakers made Golden State look like a College team, which they may be. Curry and Green can't play 48 minutes. They can't even play 30 minutes when you divide in the number of games they are going to miss.

- - - Updated - - -

ORL beat DET and SAS by an average score of 122 to 90...with both games being on the road.

ORL is so far ahead of the rest of the NBA. They will be in January mode when the season starts while everyone else is still introducing themselves to their teammates. Plus, their Defense will be outstanding all season.

20. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (10-08-2019)

Turn Off Ads?