Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: 6-17-2019 Reds vs Astonomicals

Re: 6-17-2019 Reds vs Astonomicals

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    So much for not having faith in Lorenzen. All I could see was balls going over the wall
    It’s apparent to me all year that Bell has had faith in Lorenzen.
    Last edited by Rantly; 06-17-2019 at 11:47 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Contrast of the game: Reds, runners on 2nd and 3rd, one out, Senzel hits it sharply up the middle for 2 RBI. Astros, bases loaded one out, hit it sharply up the middle and Farmer plays it into an inning ending DP.

4. Likes:

Chip R (06-18-2019)

From Nightengale Twitter:

Closer Raisel Iglesias said he had no issue with being lifted in the 9th inning: "I wasn't surprised at all. My command wasn't good enough." #Reds win 3-2 over Astros.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

6. Likes:

goreds2 (06-18-2019),miamiredskin (06-18-2019),ochoa30 (06-18-2019),Qball (06-18-2019),Ron Madden (06-18-2019),Tom Servo (06-18-2019),wally post (06-18-2019)

Is Winker trying to set the record for most double plays grounded into with the bases loaded??

Iglesias did not return to the field for postgame victory handshakes. But speaking through Morillo’s translation, he did not appear upset about being lifted.

“I feel really happy because we won the game. That’s the most important thing here is just to win the game,” Iglesias said. “I wasn’t surprised at all. My command wasn’t good enough because I spent many days without pitching. I think Bregman was a good at-bat, a popup to first base. After that, it didn’t surprise me at all. This is about winning games.”
    https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/luis-c...in-over-astros

9. Likes:

goreds2 (06-18-2019)

Good response by Iggy.

Just a guess - i thought i read somewhere - that LC's change up often ends up outside the strike zone. The Astros being sabr inclined probably knew this and told guys to lay off the change and thus the walks.

Bell and the dude from Vanderbilt are working wonders with that staff -there's so much we as fans don't know when pitching changes are made -but the results have been incredible and if the team could finish 10th in scoring they may sneak into the playoffs with their pythag luck changing. Good win.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm lucky to watch games via the MLB TV app. Lately I've been watching the opposing team's broadcast because Thom is so ridiculous at this point.
    Before the rain delay I had the Astros broadcast on. Much better than listening to no fun Thom. He is just so terrible. I hope he does go along with his dad after this season.
    Good win. Good to see Bell think outside the box and go away from the appointed closer when he's not on his game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I miss George, though.
    I'm guessing he is completely done with broadcasting games? He hasn't done any Reds games this year and didn't do too many last season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Before the rain delay I had the Astros broadcast on. Much better than listening to no fun Thom. He is just so terrible. I hope he does go along with his dad after this season.
    Good win. Good to see Bell think outside the box and go away from the appointed closer when he's not on his game.
    Now and again, I look up the opposing team's newspaper coverage. Here's the Houston Chronicle's article:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...n-14009981.php

We are not in last place

15. Likes:

redsrule2500 (06-18-2019),WrongVerb (06-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Now and again, I look up the opposing team's newspaper coverage. Here's the Houston Chronicle's article:

So it was the threat of Puig's arm that kept the Astros from sending their leadoff hitter home on that play in the 7th. I think he beats the throw but we'll never know

"“It’s frustrating, obviously, to lose any game,” Hinch said. “But this was a winnable game.”"
    Winnable and won are two entirely different ideas..

Winner Winner chicken dinner

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post

I don't often read the Enquirer, but these articles/news stories are better than I've seen from the home boys. I see it a lot of places it seems. I used to watch the "news conferences" in the post game, and have been blown away at the tough questions other managers get. The Cincinnati press corps seem like buddies to manager and players on the home team and not real reporters looking for news. Maybe it's just me. I do know that the last two managers of the Reds don't get many tough questions and that leads to boring answers, if any answers at all. Watching Bryan Price and David Bell in the post game is just a tad above watching paint dry.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?