Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Rays to explore playing in Montreal part time

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Rays to explore playing in Montreal part time

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I've got feelings about them tearing down the sculpture. It was gaudy and brilliant.

Horrible decision to tear it down.
    Stick to your guns.

2. Likes:

Redsfaithful (03-18-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

MLB kills plan for Rays to split home between Tampa, Montreal

The Tampa Bay Rays' proposed plan to split the season between Florida and Montreal has been rejected by Major League Baseball.

Rays principal owner Stuart Sternberg announced the news on Thursday.

"Today's news is flat-out deflating," Sternberg said.

The idea of playing in both the Tampa Bay area and Montreal has been discussed over the past several years after attempts to build a new full-time ballpark locally failed.

"Things had progressed nicely and things had been working nicely, and then recently it just sort of took a turn to the south and we don't precisely know why," Sternberg said. "I have no doubt that what we tried to accomplish with our sister-city plan will become accepted in all of professional sports. Major League Baseball simply isn't prepared to cross that threshold right now."

When asked if he felt somewhat betrayed by his fellow owners, Sternberg replied "that's a word."
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-20-2022)

Nice show Stuart is putting on, no way he thought this would ever work.
    Go Gators!

Stupid idea in the first place. I mean if it Tampa and say Orlando were sharing the Rays it might fly. But it's almost 1,300 miles between two countries and Canada is barely letting any fans go to games with Covid still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?