Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morosi: Reds buyers for controllable hitter at deadline

Re: Morosi: Reds buyers for controllable hitter at deadline

If you're looking for a decent hitting catcher there's James McCann from the Whitesox with his .319 BA, but I know little to nothing about his D.. He's currently on a 1 year deal with them.. (Just kicking tires here..)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    If you're looking for a decent hitting catcher there's James McCann from the Whitesox with his .319 BA, but I know little to nothing about his D.. He's currently on a 1 year deal with them.. (Just kicking tires here..)
    He's good defensively, the ability to hit for him is new. He should still be under team control for Chicago next year though, he's got another year of arb left.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

This Mariners blog suggests that the Reds should be interested in Mitch Haniger, ruptured testicle and all

https://sodomojo.com/2019/06/24/mari...er-cincinnati/

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    This Mariners blog suggests that the Reds should be interested in Mitch Haniger, ruptured testicle and all

That'd be done in a heartbeat if I were in charge
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

HammerTime (06-25-2019),M2 (06-26-2019)

^ Yeah I would be a fan of that deal.

That’s nuts.

9. Likes:

Alabama (06-25-2019),savafan (06-26-2019)

tony I wish you pitched better for the reds but getting clay carroll was worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    tony I wish you pitched better for the reds but getting clay carroll was worth it
    I would have if it wasn’t for my overuse during my 24 win season.

12. Likes:

dfs (06-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    That’s nuts.
    Funny.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post

That’s a Mariners fan saying that’s what they want? Is that DiPoto’s personal blog or something?

For those wanting Mitch Haniger, his floor is probably Scott Schebler. He became a fulltime player at age 27, has had a series of fluke injuries, has been traded by a team that could not find room for him despite him hitting in the minor leagues.

I'm not saying no to getting him. I'm saying the Reds could likely do as well within the organization.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    For those wanting Mitch Haniger, his floor is probably Scott Schebler. He became a fulltime player at age 27, has had a series of fluke injuries, has been traded by a team that could not find room for him despite him hitting in the minor leagues.

I'm not saying no to getting him. I'm saying the Reds could likely do as well within the organization.
    Haniger is a far better player than your guy Schebler.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That's not saying much. He's being outplayed by fellow outfielders in Louisville. He's getting dangerously close to being released. As it stands now I don't see him being on the 40 man roster come the Winter Meetings

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Based on what? One season? He was a 27 year old rookie, and now he's a 28 year old with a ruptured testicle hitting .220 .314 .463 .778 in a half a season. Schebler has one less HR in about 120 fewer PA's.

I was a fan of Schebler's because i liked the power potential, I liked the idea of targeting talent another team had no room for, and I liked the way the guy played, balls to the wall. But you really need to look at their stats, because their overall production is really pretty similar. Haniger is a bit better at drawing a walk and getting a hit. He plays in a home park that is pretty big and does not suppress doubles. If you switched the two, you'd likely see Haniger with Schebler's numbers and vice versa.

But Schebler fell off a cliff, for whatever reason. And Haniger is having a really down year too. If you think the Reds should target him, that's fine, but I think one of Trammell, Aquino, Siri, and Van Meter could do as well, with more years of control. I've already tried this tea once, and it left a bitter taste. I'd prefer a more talented higher upside target.

I was eviscerated for suggesting the Reds go after actual talent like Buxton, but you guys want to deal the remainder of the Reds top prospects for Mitch Haniger. Haniger should be the 3rd piece of a group of players sent to the Reds for say, Scooter Gennett. Along with a SS, and a Utility guy.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Both the Brewers and Cubs have 3 everyday players with a 900+ ops. We only have one player close to a 900 ops and he's a platoon guy. I don't know if Haniger is the answer, but we have to upgrade the offense if we want to compete.

Turn Off Ads?