Turn Off Ads?
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 6-21-19

Re: Reds @ Brewers 6-21-19

Gawd...what a walk fest from both clubs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not going to feel good until I see Senzel in the lineup tomorrow.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

4. Likes:

Alabama (06-22-2019),dsterry (06-22-2019),Mutaman (06-22-2019),Qball (06-22-2019)

Don't look now, but if they sweep the series they'll be tied for 2nd with Milwaukee..

Oops.. Not quite, but still darn close..
    Last edited by mamell; 06-22-2019 at 12:33 AM.

6. Likes:

Spanky (06-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    I really hope tonight wasn't a bad bullpen omen. I doubt it though.. 11 run game it's easy to ease up off the gas.. Bowman looked really off tonight..as did Lorenzen..
    Lorenzen looks off more than half the time he comes in to pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    Don't look now, but if they sweep the series they'll be tied for 2nd with Milwaukee..
    Exciting yet at the same time wish you wouldn’t have said that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCReds View Post
    Exciting yet at the same time wish you wouldn’t have said that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't worry..I still haven't mastered the art of counting to 4.. my math is wrong.. Whodda thunk it, huh?

With all the talk of Bell not having a quick enough hook, the Reds used 6 pitchers. How many qould it have been if Bell would have had the desired quickness of the hook? I thought he did it just about right with the luxury of his team scoring 11 runs. Iggy hadn't pitched the last two days and there is an off day Monday. He only threw 5 pitches. It would have been irresponsible to not have him ready to come in late, so bring him in, which saves Lorenzen pitches also. Iggy ought to be able to pitch Sat and Sunday for an inning or less.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    With all the talk of Bell not having a quick enough hook, the Reds used 6 pitchers. How many qould it have been if Bell would have had the desired quickness of the hook? I thought he did it just about right with the luxury of his team scoring 11 runs. Iggy hadn't pitched the last two days and there is an off day Monday. He only threw 5 pitches. It would have been irresponsible to not have him ready to come in late, so bring him in, which saves Lorenzen pitches also. Iggy ought to be able to pitch Sat and Sunday for an inning or less.

Are you Bell's business agent?

Migraine for Senzel. I know those are different for anyone who has them but I’d say he should be good to go by tomorrow night.

Yelich is a freak, having an MVP worthy season, but he couldn't out-duel Jose Iglesias tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Lorenzen looks off more than half the time he comes in to pitch.
    That is because half of the time he is a CF being asked to pitch.

Winner Winner chicken dinner

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The Reds are now + 54 in RD, the Brewers -7.

That’s a stat that don’t lie.

If we were ahead of the Brewers in the standings but behind them by 62 runs in RD, the FCB of the world would be saying we had no chance to stay ahead of them.

And they would likely be correct.
    I disagree. It's one of the most lying stats we have. It does give some fans a feel good moment but I'm a believer in "you are what your record says you are".

I guess it's a baseball geek thing. Why is it that we only hear about Pythag when it comes to baseball? The sport attracts folks who really care about such stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Brewers Fans melting down over Dietrich on Twitter whining about how he leans into pitches. Calling him really mean names and wanting him to get drilled in the head next time up. You stay classy Milwaukee.
    They do have a point. MLB needs to crack down on this and I said the same thing yrs ago when Craig Biggio did this same act

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They do have a point. MLB needs to crack down on this and I said the same thing yrs ago when Craig Biggio did this same act
    Reds fans were furious over Chase Utley doing exactly what Dietrich does. I agree with you that the umps needs to enforce this rule more strictly. A player should not be allowed or lean into pitches in order to get on base.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?