Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Brewers 6-22-19

Re: Reds @ Brewers 6-22-19

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Extremely concerned about Senzel. I’ve had migraines and vertigo before, they aren’t always completely separate things like you might expect, and there are different kinds of migraines. A guy with a history of vertigo bad enough to knock him out of the lineup for weeks at a time, having neurological issues again that are often times related, extremely bad sign.
    ugh, thanks for sharing your personal experiences. i've never had a migraine (or vertigo) so it's interesting to hear your perspective. i hope i'm wrong, but sounds like we should brace ourselves for a possible injured list stint for senzel. hopefully a short one if it happens.

monds, is there medication that helps with this?

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is such a bummer. Reds are cursed.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    ugh, thanks for sharing your personal experiences. i've never had a migraine (or vertigo) so it's interesting to hear your perspective. i hope i'm wrong, but sounds like we should brace ourselves for a possible injured list stint for senzel. hopefully a short one if it happens.

monds, is there medication that helps with this?
    I would be surprised if it doesn’t result in an IL stint given his history. There are treatments you can get to deal with them, but my episodes only lasted a couple months so I wasn’t even prescribed anything for it by the time it just sort disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    i've never had a migraine (or vertigo) so it's interesting to hear your perspective.
    I have had migraines for years.

It's usually a two-day/ 24 hour thing. Hard to concentrate. Bright lights hurt. Dizzy.

I can't imagine trying to hit a ball or play during a bout.

That said, it's incredibly minor as far as debilitation goes.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The Reds are looking for opportunities to give Peraza playing time now that Iglesias is fixed at short. When Scooter comes back they will have even more of a que for playing time.
    I'd much prefer to see Ervin, who is actually an OF (didn't say great one), and who has better OPS in both MiLB and MLB (due to far superior plate discipline).

But you're right, the Reds seem dedicated to Peraza.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

7. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (06-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I'd prefer to see Ervin, who is actually an OF (didn't say great one), and who has better OPS in both MiLB and MLB.

Peraza had a pretty good game yesterday.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

9. Likes:

Kc61 (06-22-2019),Ron Madden (06-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Opposite to the past two nights, I think today will be a low scoring affair - something like 3-2. I think Castillo pitches a little sharper when the game is close and low scoring. My prediction is that he'll hand it off after 6 while giving up only 1 run. Let's hope the bullpen can get us to #7.
    Our Bullpen got taxed last night. There's has been busy. Even if the Starters pitch well, I think the bullpens will give up multiple runs each.

At least 5 needed to win this afternoon.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Bobby nightengale tweeted that Bell expects Senzel to be available off the bench today.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

12. Likes:

757690 (06-22-2019),NC Reds (06-22-2019),North (06-22-2019),Ron Madden (06-22-2019)

I'd much prefer to see Ervin, who is actually an OF (didn't say great one), and who has better OPS in both MiLB and MLB (due to far superior plate discipline).

The dislike of Ervin can only be his defense. The guy is a good enough hitter to be a 4th OF and play in situations like this.

Peraza has shown no confidence in himself and gets down and out when things are going his way.

another nick with vertigo like nick esasky

Having battled migraines for the last 40 years, and Vertiginous for the last 27, my experience is they can be very different. Vertiginous migraine headaches are no fun and usually last at least 48 hours. I think there is great variability in migraines from one person to the next and by no means are all migraines vertiginous. It's quite likely that Senzel is having simply a migraine and it is separate entirly from his vertigo.

16. Likes:

757690 (06-22-2019),Ron Madden (06-22-2019)

Don’t forget, Peraza had 182 base hits last year, IIRC he led the Reds. He’s a talented player. Where he goes wrong are these prolonged slow starts which must end, hopefully next season.

Now that he’s playing a utility role, he can be extremely valuable with both IF and OF ability. So I see where the Reds are coming from. Got key hits in the last Astros game and last night.

I like Ervin too BTW, but if he’s only mediocre in CF, it’s a minus for a fourth OF type.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-22-2019 at 02:43 PM.

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Peraza had a pretty good game yesterday.
    And led off the ninth against the Astros with a double, in the sweep game.

20. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-22-2019),Tom Servo (06-22-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Bobby nightengale tweeted that Bell expects Senzel to be available off the bench today.
    Thank god man. The Reds better keep him in touch with a good neurologist just be to safe for the amount of issues he has with that stuff.

Mets lead Cubs 5 zip after three.

23. Likes:

NC Reds (06-22-2019),Ron Madden (06-22-2019)

Turn Off Ads?