Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keith Law Made An Appearance on a Reds fan podcast

Keith Law Made An Appearance on a Reds fan podcast

The podcast is called The Hunt For Reds October.

I haven’t listened to the episode yet, but just thought I would mention to everyone. Apparently Keith talks about the reds and reds farm.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He still bangs

Re: Keith Law Made An Appearance on a Reds fan podcast

I like the peeps who do that pod, and I’m glad they scored a bigger name for an appearance, but I don’t think there’s any baseball personality I despise more than Law. He’s a demeaning person who speaks down to fans. Treats people like garbage. I’m not one to quickly point this out in people, either, as even the best of them get exhausted and run down by the uniquely confrontational dynamic of fan involvement on twitter. And I don’t blame them. But Law is a guy who genuinely looks down on people and seems to not like fans. And I don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    I like the peeps who do that pod, and I’m glad they scored a bigger name for an appearance, but I don’t think there’s any baseball personality I despise more than Law. He’s a demeaning person who speaks down to fans. Treats people like garbage. I’m not one to quickly point this out in people, either, as even the best of them get exhausted and run down by the uniquely confrontational dynamic of fan involvement on twitter. And I don’t blame them. But Law is a guy who genuinely looks down on people and seems to not like fans. And I don’t get it.
    It annoys me how he talks down to baseball fans, but I do enjoy how he talks down to folks on some other subjects, which I will not mention here because it will be considered political (even though the one issue shouldn’t be political and is about public safety and science.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Listening to it now, and that group needs to invest in professional microphones and updated computers, because the sound quality is horrible. Sounds like a fun podcast, though.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Listening to it now, and that group needs to invest in professional microphones and updated computers, because the sound quality is horrible. Sounds like a fun podcast, though.
    I think their budget is somewhere in the vicinity of $0

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think their budget is somewhere in the vicinity of $0
    No excuse.

These days, a Blue USB mic (99 bucks), is, as the kids are saying these days, literally all that you need to sound plenty podcast-professional. Reaper is a free DAW, plenty good for editing. A quick youtube tutorial will instruct how to get a pretty good post production edit using the defaults.

I don't care if the content is gold, if I hear crappy audio on a podcast in 2019, I'm out.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

8. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (06-24-2019),Boss-Hog (06-23-2019),Crumbley (06-23-2019),WrongVerb (06-23-2019)

On the buy/sell deadline segment the Roark for Frazier got the stamp of approval from Law....it seems alittle slim of an offer from us...but maybe Roark and reliever or prospect OF would do it, unless Law isn't that caught up to speed on trade market.

10. Likes:

bottom_feeder (06-24-2019)

Is the host of this podcast the same "Red October" that has been on this board and the old MLB forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsville View Post
    On the buy/sell deadline segment the Roark for Frazier got the stamp of approval from Law....it seems alittle slim of an offer from us...but maybe Roark and reliever or prospect OF would do it, unless Law isn't that caught up to speed on trade market.
    The conflicting reports about Frazier's value are interesting. He's certainly got value, but he's now 24, has had a few of his option and pre-arb years used up, and he's pretty bad on defense and lacking a full season's worth of ABs to get a firm grasp on what he is.

All that said, Roark for Frazier does seem pretty tilted in the Reds favor. But if the Yanks can't find a controllable pitcher in which Frazier can be one of the pieces, they may not have much choice.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I could have sworn several Reds fans (probably some on the podcast) blocked Law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

14. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (06-24-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The conflicting reports about Frazier's value are interesting. He's certainly got value, but he's now 24, has had a few of his option and pre-arb years used up, and he's pretty bad on defense and lacking a full season's worth of ABs to get a firm grasp on what he is.

All that said, Roark for Frazier does seem pretty tilted in the Reds favor. But if the Yanks can't find a controllable pitcher in which Frazier can be one of the pieces, they may not have much choice.
    I think Frazier is an over-hyped Yankee prospects. Cashman and the NY press will want teams to believe he is a future star. Probably talking him up for bait in a Scherzer deal. I see a LF only player that K's too much. I would do Roark for Frazier only if I couldn't extend Roark.

Who is Keith Law?

17. Likes:

DocRed (06-25-2019),NC Reds (06-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I think Frazier is an over-hyped Yankee prospects. Cashman and the NY press will want teams to believe he is a future star. Probably talking him up for bait in a Scherzer deal. I see a LF only player that K's too much. I would do Roark for Frazier only if I couldn't extend Roark.
    Well you won’t have to worry about that. They arent trading multiple years of Frazier for a few starts of Roark.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Yeah, Frazier does seem to be a top prospect whose shine has faded some do to age, years controlled, etc.....I'd still do that deal and even offer some prospect with Roark to build for near future.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Couple things here:

1. IIRC Frazier was at his prospect peak as a Cleveland Indian. They traded him to NY for Andrew Miller back in 2016.

2. It’s not just prospect hype. Frazier hit pretty dang well at the major league level this year in like 200 at bats. 843 OPS to be exact. He hit 11 homers and 11 doubles.

Turn Off Ads?