Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Star Wars Rankings

Re: Star Wars Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Best to Worst - Title
    #1 - Episode IV: A New Hope (May '77)
    #2 - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (May '80)
    #3 - Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (May '83)
    #4 - Rogue One (December '16)
    #5 - Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (May '05)
    #6 - Episode II: Attack of the Clones (May '02)
    #7 - Episode I: The Phantom Menace (May '99)
    #8 - Solo (May '18)
    #9 - Episode VII: The Force Awakens (December '15)
    #10 - Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (December '17)
    ? - Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (December '19)

-A New Hope has to be first, even if you don't think it was the best, because it started it.
    --1,2,and 3 are more like 1a, 1b, and 1c
    ---Rogue is a clear 4 for me.
    ----Revenge is definitely 5, it brings everything together - the near destruction of the Jedi Order, the transformation of the Republic to the Empire, and finally shows Anakin turn (aside from the "high-ground" comment the light saber fight with Obi-Wan is epic).

*I'm not including the Clone Wars film (which paled in comparison to the actual clone wars series - which they've recently announced they are reviving) or the Ewok films; which were brutal.

I think a lot of this will depend on which year you were born.
    I'll just keep to my ranking scheme and put the latest one as #11.

Just like 1,2,and 3 are more like 1a,1b,and 1c for me the last 3 are similar - 9a,9b, and 9c.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Hope
    Empire
    Rogue
    Return
    Awakens
    Solo
    Revenge
    Last
    Attack

Phantom
    Updated:

ANH
    TESB
    R1
    Mandalorian
    ROTJ
    Rebels
    TROS
    TFA
    ROTS
    Solo
    TLJ
    AOTC
    TPM
    Last edited by WrongVerb; 01-21-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Here's mine:

1. Empire - When the good guys lost, everyone was shook.
    2. Rogue One - Kind of your classic 60s war movie, where all the good guys die.
    3. Skywalker - Yup. Thought it embraced and then ran with the movie serial roots of the original.
    4. Last Jedi - I'm surprised I have it this high, but I read an argument for it then watched it again and it won me over.
    5. Star Wars - Screw that ANH designation. It's Star Wars. BTW, doesn't really hold up in terms of acting and dialog, but it's still iconic.
    6. Force Awakens - Perfectly solid popcorn movie.
    7. Solo - I don't get having strong feelings about this movie. It's not on the garbage scow with the next four.
    8. Return of the Jedi - So horrible. Probably the most disappointed I'll ever be walking out of a movie. An evil empire that's conquered a galaxy is defeated by teddy bears? Completely undercuts everything Empire achieved.
    9. Phantom Menace - The kid can't act. The whole thing is a mess. Little did I know it would all get worse and I'd actually come to miss Jar Jar Binks.
    10. Clones - Did you know Darth Vader was a whiny teenager? One of the worst movies ever made (especially given its budget).
    11. Sith - My argument for why the latest trilogy deserves credit is it that it resurrected the franchise after the prequels dropped this load. At least I had the good sense to stay away until I could watch it for free. Worst thing about it is that everybody didn't die. They all deserved to.
    Last edited by M2; 01-21-2020 at 05:15 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Oddly enough I rewatched Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I had not watched Menace in quite some time and enjoyed it more than I was expecting to. That being said I hate how these look like animated films for the most part. Rogue 1 and one just look so much better.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Oddly enough I rewatched Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. I had not watched Menace in quite some time and enjoyed it more than I was expecting to. That being said I hate how these look like animated films for the most part. Rogue 1 and one just look so much better.
    There was a solid Star Wars story to be told with the prequels. However, the scripts were nowhere near finished products and yet Lucas went with them. That, young Anakin, teenage Anakin, and Jar Jar basically ruined the films for me. Get some better actors and ideas, and the story would have solidified.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?