Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees Targeting Luis Castillo

Re: Yankees Targeting Luis Castillo

The only way I trade Castillo is for some good prospects and a few controllable major leaguers.

Reds trade: Luis Castillo and David Hernandez

Yankees trade: Clint Frazier, Tommy Kahnle, Garrett Whitlock RHP #16 (AA), Deivi Garcia RHP #4 (AA) and Ryder Green OF #21 (Rookie league)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Keep Castillo and build around him. The Reds never even come close to break it even in trades with the Yankees.
    Crazy Reds Fan

4. Likes:

757690 (06-25-2019),Edd Roush (06-25-2019),Griffey012 (06-25-2019),mth123 (06-25-2019),Roy Tucker (06-25-2019),Tony Cloninger (06-25-2019)

This rumor seems screwed up on its face. Isn't it the Reds who should be trading for young, controllable players? If the Yankees need a stud, they've got the money. She should be targeting Zach Greinke.

If the Yankees really did come calling I'd tell them what's been stated here...that aces are really hard to develop and that he's controllable and cheap for a long time...for that reason you'll have to bowl me over with an offer. I'd say Gleybar Torres plus 3 other stud prospects. It makes no sense to trade a known quantity for a couple maybes. If they don't want to give us a known quantity then our thinking should be that we come out of it with many guys who are likely to be good players. Since prospects are not a 100% science I need to hedge my bets and get like 4 or 5 studs with the hope that 2 or 3 turn into good major league players.

6. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-25-2019),Rolando (06-25-2019)

No Torres, no Castillo.

Castillo and Scooter/Dietrich for Torres and Frazier.

8. Likes:

Alabama (06-25-2019)

We get this every year. NY and national media treats the Reds like the Yankee’s and Red Sox farm team. The Reds have a player who breaks out, and they start rumors of big market teams trading for him, because, you know, if he’s good, the Reds don’t deserve him.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

10. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (06-25-2019),NC Reds (06-25-2019),OGB (06-26-2019),RED VAN HOT (06-25-2019),RedForLife (06-27-2019),Rolando (06-25-2019),wlf WV (06-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by schroomytunes View Post
    The only way I trade Castillo is for some good prospects and a few controllable major leaguers.

Reds trade: Luis Castillo and David Hernandez

Yankees trade: Clint Frazier, Tommy Kahnle, Garrett Whitlock RHP #16 (AA), Deivi Garcia RHP #4 (AA) and Ryder Green OF #21 (Rookie league)
    Not even close to enough IMO.

12. Likes:

Alabama (06-25-2019),AlaskaReds (06-25-2019),alwaysawarrior (06-25-2019),Edd Roush (06-25-2019),Griffey012 (06-25-2019),ochoa30 (06-25-2019),Old school 1983 (06-25-2019),redsman2007 (06-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm open to the possibility my proposal undersells Castillo. For me, the only must-have is Garcia. What do you think would be a good deal?
    I want sure fire controllable big league production. Frazier and Andujar have some talent but also carry their own warts such as bad defense and injuries. Montgomery has a limited track record and his own injuries recently. Garcia looks like a nice pitching prospect, but he also hasn't topped more than 80 IP in a season. It just seems like this would be adding a bunch of solid players at the expense of a really good player. at a position we don't carry much depth at. It feels like we would be moving backward for sure.

If the Yankees call I'm asking for Aaron Judge or otherwise something like Torres/Frazier/Garcia. If that's too much I advise them to look for cheap controllable pitching elsewhere with the talent of Castillo.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

14. Likes:

Alabama (06-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    We get this every year. NY and national media treats the Reds like the Yankee’s and Red Sox farm team. The Reds have a player who breaks out, and they start rumors of big market teams trading for him, because, you know, if he’s good, the Reds don’t deserve him.
    I would add to this that they talk up how much NY and Boston spare parts would help the Reds.

Really, the only untouchable on this team should be Castillo.

17. Likes:

Ben Zinger (06-25-2019)

Frankly, I'd understand it from the Reds' perspective if they entertained offers for him. I always assume the worst, expecting pitchers to eventually have a significant injury that hurts their career and/or destroys their value. If you can acquire young, proven talent in return and high-end prospects along with it, you'd be foolish not to consider it.

With that said, it should take a massive return to gain the Reds' interest at all.

19. Likes:

Griffey012 (06-25-2019),Redeyecat (07-19-2019),Tom Servo (06-25-2019)

I get the Torres thing, but that's literally just a conversation ender. It's not happening.

I'd look at a talent rich team like the Padres. They aren't going to give up Tatis Jr, that is also a conversation ender, but they might at least listen on Mackenzie Gore. They could use a controllable guy at the head of their rotation and they tons of young talent even beyond those two top prizes. Francisco Meija, Luis Urías, Cal Quantrill, Logan Allen, etc. I don't know if I could pull the trigger, but SD could put together a good bundle of talent.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

Coopdaddy67 (06-25-2019)

Okay, I could be talked into Gary Sanchez.

In truth, the Reds have their first potential ace in a few years. Don't do it.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

They don’t even have a combination of players that I would accept for Castillo.

24. Likes:

NC Reds (06-25-2019),Rojo Rijo (06-25-2019),wlf WV (06-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don't doubt that the Yanks and their fans would like Castillo, but the two teams reaching a deal seems implausible.

On to the next rumor, whatever that may be.
    ^This. Any deal would have to start with a top 5 talent, a top 20 talent and a few other players. The Yankees just don't have that in their farm system, and they aren't trading Torres. The only 3 or 4 teams I can think of who can put together a package that actually makes the Reds not immediately hang up the phone laughing would be Houston, Tampa, San Diego and maybe Minnesota.

It isn't happening unless you offer a Herschel Walker type trade. The Yanks can just go ahead and piss off.

26. Likes:

NC Reds (06-25-2019),Rolando (06-25-2019)

Use this as leverage to potentially work an even better deal from other contenders who also have a lot to like in their minor league systems (Atlanta, Tampa, Philly, etc).

28. Likes:

bottom_feeder (06-26-2019)

Turn Off Ads?