Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6/26/19 bric a brac...

Re: 6/26/19 bric a brac...

Gotta get rid of Mr. Markey.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

West Michigan is spanking Dayton by a 10-1 margin.

Lyon Richardson went 1.2 innings. He also was charged with 8 run (6 earned) on 10 hits.

Eduardo Salazar has given up 2 runs thus far in the third.

As far as the offense is concerned, Mike Siani led off the game with his 5th longball of the year. It has been pretty quiet since then.

Joe Mantiply has also surrendered a pair. It is now 10-0 with Toledo still batting in the top of the 5th.

I understand that wins and losses are not of paramount importance in the minors, but some of these beatings that the Reds farm clubs are taking lately are, ummm, worrying.

Make that 11-0 and climbing.

What is the point of running a Brad Markey (27) or a Joe Mantiply (28) out there to get whacked around?
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-26-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Good news! Greeneville has put a 3-spot up on the board, and are threatening to score more. An error and a single set things up. AJ Bumpass tripled home 2 runs to tie things up. Reyny Reyes then doubled Bumpass home. Danny Lantigua singled to place runners on the corners with just one away. Greeneville leads 3-2.dd

Justin Gomez just tripled both runners home. 5-2. Wolforth singles home Gomez. 6-2. Remy draws a walk to put 2 runners on. When it rains, it pours.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-26-2019 at 08:38 PM.

I am pretty certain that they must have Skyline Chili in Louisville. The team needs to soak its bats in a big vat of Skyline Chili. That will cure what ails them.

Sal Romano comes on and is ripped for a double by the first batter that he faces. My Sal Romano Fathead is in danger of coming down. A single makes it 12-0. Are there any dark clouds on the horizon?
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-26-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Joe Mantiply has also surrendered a pair. It is now 10-0 with Toledo still batting in the top of the 5th.

I understand that wins and losses are not of paramount importance in the minors, but some of these beatings that the Reds farm clubs are taking lately are, ummm, worrying.

Make that 11-0 and climbing.

What is the point of running a Brad Markey (27) or a Joe Mantiply (28) out there to get whacked around?
    That's why I was so puzzled by Reds releasing Seth Varner. Had 3.39 ERA last year as starter. Could have been handy this year at either AA or AAA.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    CBS Fantasy Sports reports that Taylor Trammell will likely be out through the All-Star Break. Since the Southern League ASG has already been played, I am assuming that they mean the MLB ASG, which will be played on July 9. Left hamstring strain.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/ba...string-strain/
    Call up Bumpass. He's too polished to be wasting time in Greenville.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Juan Martinez, the one that plays for Dayton, was thrown out at third. He was then replaced by Michael Hernandez in the bottom of the inning.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    That's why I was so puzzled by Reds releasing Seth Varner. Had 3.39 ERA last year as starter. Could have been handy this year at either AA or AAA.
    Kind of think something is up with that considering Varner didn't get signed anywhere else, like maybe he requested the release or some other thing we don't know.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    He's a local kid as well. That should be a tiebreaker.

Greeneville puts the finishing touches on a 6-2 win.

Very good pitching by Abril, Gabree and Raul Wallace. Wallace was making his first appearance of 2019 on a rehab assignment. He made the game a little interesting with 2 walks and 2 wild pitches in the 9th, but eventually shut the door.

AJ Bumpass had the big hit, a two-run triple.
    Garrett Wolforth singled twice.
    Justin Gomez contributed a two-run triple as well.
    Reyny Reyes doubled.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-26-2019)

Game over in Louisville, as the losing streak stretches to 7 games. 13-0.

Utility man, Alberti Chavez, pitched the 9th, giving up the 13th run.

Sal Romano went 3 innings and allowed just that lone run. The Fathead stays up.

Quick recap on the hitters: Aquino doubled, VanMeter doubled. Schebler, Crook and Graterol singled. That's it.

Cash Case has homered for Billings to give them a 1-0 lead in after 3. Miguel Medrano has not given up a hit yet.

The AZL Reds scored a run in the third on Luis Lopez's first home run. Allan Beltre gave up a solo shot to tie things in the top of the fourth.
    In the bottom half of inning number four, Luis Lopez singled home a pair of runners - Debby Santana and Fidel Castro.

The Desert Reds lead 3-1 as the game enters the fifth.

Mercifully, the Dragons came sputters to an end. Richardson, Nova and Salazar all got roughed up. Eddy Demurias performed well, 2 shutout innings. 15-1 was the final.

After Mike Siani's leadoff home run (5), the book could have just about been closed on the Dayton offense. 4 singles. 2 walks. 0 runs.

Turn Off Ads?