Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: National League @ American League 7-9-19 (2019 All Star Game)

Re: National League @ American League 7-9-19 (2019 All Star Game)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Seemed to be a weak ovation for CC.
    Hard to believe but it has been 11 whole years since he was an Indian.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-09-2019),Ron Madden (07-09-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Pretty good game, result notwithstanding.

I think I’m paying in older age for enjoying the NL win about every year in my youth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-09-2019)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hard to believe but it has been 11 whole years since he was an Indian.
    Yeah. That’s crazy. Don’t blink. Time is merciless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-09-2019),Tom Servo (07-09-2019)

Ballgame...

I woulda liked for the NL to come back to win but I enjoyed the game.

And Sonny can pitch for us this weekend

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Seemed to be a weak ovation for CC.
    I think CC being a hated Yankee overrules somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I remember Tony Perez hitting a game winning HR in the 11TH inning at the Angels stadium in 1967
    Then you also remember Bench hitting one in his very first AS at bat. And his 2nd at bat, Yaz went over the fence to rob him. McCovey hit 2 out and got MVP thanks to Yaz great catch.

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-10-2019),Ron Madden (07-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    Fear another loss is forth coming. NL just has nothing against the offensive firepower of those AL bats. NL has to start becoming a better league
    yup. same crap, different year. i havent watched an allstar game since the AL started to dominate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Alright, its time to sub for Joe Buck too, not just the players.
    has he started talking about how he really hates baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    Then you also remember Bench hitting one in his very first AS at bat. And his 2nd at bat, Yaz went over the fence to rob him. McCovey hit 2 out and got MVP thanks to Yaz great catch.
    I think that was in Washington. The game got rained out so they had to play it the next day. I thought sure the 2nd one was gone too but Yas made a helluva play

16. Likes:

North (07-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Lots of musical talent came out of Cleveland over the years. The guy who sang the anthem apparently isn't one of them. What was his name anyway? Francis Off Key? Terrible. Embarrassing.
    It was someone named Max. The last Max I knew of was the Grinch's pet dog. Was this what he grew up to be?

Also what was it with the music playing while the players were being introduced. That was very distracting and unneeded. One of my favorite parts of the ASG is watching the players lineup and get introduced. Never thought that would have been messed with but here you go.....

Good to see Castillo had a good outing, It's always a proud moment when someone from your team does well in the ASG.

The ASG just goes in cycles on who dominates. When I was young the NL was dominating. IIRC, they won 11 in a row and 17 of 18. Then the AL has dominated since. I'm sure sometime soon it will swing back to the NL.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    It was someone named Max. The last Max I knew of was the Grinch's pet dog. Was this what he grew up to be?

Also what was it with the music playing while the players were being introduced. That was very distracting and unneeded. One of my favorite parts of the ASG is watching the players lineup and get introduced. Never thought that would have been messed with but here you go.....

Good to see Castillo had a good outing, It's always a proud moment when someone from your team does well in the ASG.

The ASG just goes in cycles on who dominates. When I was young the NL was dominating. IIRC, they won 11 in a row and 17 of 18. Then the AL has dominated since. I'm sure sometime soon it will swing back to the NL.
    Did Joe Buck do the introductions? It used to be that the host team's PA announcer would have the honor of doing that. But now we get Joe Buck doing running commentary throughout the entire introduction.

And when did it start? I turned on the TV at about 10 minutes to 8, and they were already introducing the Dodgers nonstarters, so I turned it off since I had missed the Reds.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Did Joe Buck do the introductions? It used to be that the host team's PA announcer would have the honor of doing that. But now we get Joe Buck doing running commentary throughout the entire introduction.

And when did it start? I turned on the TV at about 10 minutes to 8, and they were already introducing the Dodgers nonstarters, so I turned it off since I had missed the Reds.
    It started about 7:45. The two Reds were some of the first ones introduced. I think Buck's been doing the intros for a long time now. I would rather hear the teams PA announcer too. But I would also rather hear a foghorn doing the PBP than Buck.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

20. Likes:

Big Klu (07-10-2019)

It started about 7:45. The two Reds were some of the first ones introduced. I think Buck's been doing the intros for a long time now. I would rather hear the teams PA announcer too. But I would also rather hear a foghorn doing the PBP than Buck.
    La da dum da-da dee da dum, oh doo dah day!

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

22. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-12-2019),North (07-12-2019),Roy Tucker (07-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    La da dum da-da dee da dum, oh doo dah day!

Suh!

I don't think I've watched much of the All Star game since the 80s. I watch the player introductions, and I watched the year it was in Cincy, but mostly once the intros are over, I usually change the channel. People talk about interleague play having outlived it's usefulness, the All Star game even more so. It used to be a way to see all the stars play at least one time, but now, with baseball on TV for around 12 hours per day, we don't need this farce to see them. I didn't think they could make the All Star break any worse, but then they lengthened it from 3 days to 4 days making it 33% more painful. The All Star break, while the other major sports are in their off-seasons, is the worst period for sports in the US annually. I hate it and don't even vote any more.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?