Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: all time worst reds team

Re: all time worst reds team

thank you rantly and bobby klaus also thanks you

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    He was bad while here. We're not rating these guys as assets or what they did elsewhere. He played for CIN for parts of 2 years and was pretty bad. Never hit a HR.

He ended up being pretty good for SEA, but if you think that matters you're missing the point of this exercise.

In the time I've been watching the Reds I can't think of too many horrible catchers, so he was the one I used.
    I'll respectfully disagree. His 1992 season was nothing but a September call-up. While with the club more in 1993, he was still back up to Joe Oliver. Should a 1st round pick be in that position? Probably not. I would suggest there are worse candidates than Dan Wilson for being on a Worst-ever team based on one lousy season. And, yes, I understand we're talking only time with the Reds, but that one lousy season wasn't emblematic of the ballplayer he was. The Reds decided on staying with Oliver and turned Wilson into something.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I'll respectfully disagree. His 1992 season was nothing but a September call-up. While with the club more in 1993, he was still back up to Joe Oliver. Should a 1st round pick be in that position? Probably not. I would suggest there are worse candidates than Dan Wilson for being on a Worst-ever team based on one lousy season. And, yes, I understand we're talking only time with the Reds, but that one lousy season wasn't emblematic of the ballplayer he was. The Reds decided on staying with Oliver and turned Wilson into something.
    If it makes you feel any better, I realized I forgot about Paul Bako. Please also remember my qualifier that I've only paid attention to baseball since 1984, and my memory of the first few years is shoddy - at best. I didn't put anyone on the list I didn't actually watch.

But I cede - Bako is worse.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

5. Likes:

redsmetz (07-13-2019)

No Juan Casto for SS
    Zach Weiss with his infinite ERA belongs on the team.
    Cliff Pennington and Gosslin deserves to be its bench
    David Holmberg deserves to be a starter on the team worst fwar of any Reds pitcher since 2000 at -1.7
    Last edited by InsaneinthBrame; 07-13-2019 at 05:21 PM.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Homer Bailey has to be on someone's list somewhere..
    My brain isn't awake yet after last night's big win by Jared Hughes with his 1 pitch gem.. Amazing he got the win, but he did.. Reds took 47 total bases vs the Rockies 25. Somewhere there's historically bad in there too..
    Last edited by mamell; 07-14-2019 at 10:51 AM.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Homer Bailey has to be on someone's list somewhere..
    My brain isn't awake yet after last night's big win by Jared Hughes with his 1 pitch gem.. Amazing he got the win, but he did.. Reds took 47 total bases vs the Rockies 25. Somewhere there's historically bad in there too..
    Dude. Homer wouldn't remotely qualify for something like this. I can name about 137 rando hurlers this organization has run out there for most of the last 30 years and never even get close to Bailey.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    I truly don’t mean for this come off as mean:

Did you just start watching the reds in 2018?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-15-2019)

Turn Off Ads?