Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Re: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The highlights on twitter looked like a high school game with the lack of crowd and venue
    The strike by the Jamaican guy to tie it was a thing of beauty. Tyler Adams can't allow him get line of sight to the goal like he did though...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Shocking, good for Canada
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

Betterread (11-17-2021),M2 (11-17-2021)

Making me a little nervous that Panama is hanging around just 2 points below us in 4th place. Our final six matches will not be easy as it includes matches @Canada @Mexico and @Costa Rica. Really need to be near full strength for that stretch run.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Making me a little nervous that Panama is hanging around just 2 points below us in 4th place. Our final six matches will not be easy as it includes matches @Canada @Mexico and @Costa Rica. Really need to be near full strength for that stretch run.
    We need 7 more points, we will be ok.

That W against Mexico was humongous.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    We need 7 more points, we will be ok.

That W against Mexico was humongous.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-17-2021)

Another W. It was way too tight, but a W is a W. Getting close! A Panama L or tie would be great.

10. Likes:

M2 (01-27-2022)

This team is so uncreative and methodical. An instinctual finish by Robinson was the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    This team is so uncreative and methodical. An instinctual finish by Robinson was the difference.
    One of the things I try to keep in mind is international play is extremely uneven. These guys just sort of get thrown together and asked to figure it out. Most of the time you're just hoping a few top guys take control. Pulisic and McKennie didn't tonight. I thought they looked a lot better in the 2nd half when Musah and Dest asserted themselves. Also would have helped if Ferreira posed any danger of scoring a goal. Great effort from him, nice build up, but no final product.

I just don’t agree with this take. Dest, Musah, Weah were all being creative. Sometimes it’s just difficult to get it all together.

I just don’t agree with this take. Dest, Musah, Weah were all being creative. Sometimes it’s just difficult to get it all together.
    When i say creative, i mean playing a pass or making a run that looks a little different or a little “odd”. I only see three possibilities for this kind of play on our squad -Pulisic, Aronson and Reyna. In the game last night, Pulisic and Aronson did not display that creativity.
    Dest is a creative dribbler, but wingbacks are wingbacks for two reasons. They exploit space and they are effective at crossing the ball into the box. But they need a creative player to see or create the space. There are afew wingbacks who are creative (maicon, Marcelo) but most of them are not.

Weah is not creative. Full stop.

Musah? I don’t know what he is because i don’t notice him.

Musah and Weah were both really good last night. I don’t know what you were watching. Pulisic and McKinnie needed to run at guys in the middle more and didn’t do it and the few times they tried the timing was off.

Ferreira needed to score that ball in the first half. I went to the game and had incredible seats behind that net and that happened about 20 feet in front of me. It was harder to miss than to score. If he gets that I bet the US gets 3 or 4 because it would have forced El Salvador out of their shell. Their keeper was pretty solid too.

I think you keep that lineup for Canada except Pepi for Ferreira and maybe the other Robinson for Richards.

16. Likes:

M2 (01-28-2022),membengal (01-29-2022),RedTeamGo! (01-28-2022)

When i say creative, i mean playing a pass or making a run that looks a little different or a little “odd”. I only see three possibilities for this kind of play on our squad -Pulisic, Aronson and Reyna. In the game last night, Pulisic and Aronson did not display that creativity.
    Dest is a creative dribbler, but wingbacks are wingbacks for two reasons. They exploit space and they are effective at crossing the ball into the box. But they need a creative player to see or create the space. There are afew wingbacks who are creative (maicon, Marcelo) but most of them are not.

You don’t notice Musah? Do you watch the games on tv? He was electric in the Mexico game.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Musah and Weah were both really good last night. I don’t know what you were watching. Pulisic and McKinnie needed to run at guys in the middle more and didn’t do it and the few times they tried the timing was off.

Ferreira needed to score that ball in the first half. I went to the game and had incredible seats behind that net and that happened about 20 feet in front of me. It was harder to miss than to score. If he gets that I bet the US gets 3 or 4 because it would have forced El Salvador out of their shell. Their keeper was pretty solid too.

I think you keep that lineup for Canada except Pepi for Ferreira and maybe the other Robinson for Richards.
    Yeah, I get Richards has a lot of potential, but I’m starting Robinson over him this cycle.

Yeah, I get Richards has a lot of potential, but I’m starting Robinson over him this cycle.
    I'm wondering what's up with Brooks.

I get what you're saying, but I think you're not giving credit to some players who do fit that profile. McKennie both sees and creates space pretty well (though not so much last night). Dest also has more than crossing ability in his bag. He can hit a line-breaking pass.

And I don't know how you missed Musah.

Where I agree is Reyna changes the whole mix. Once he's back I think the U.S. is going to pick apart low blocks like El Salvador played last night. It's that one extra guy who can do something evil.

Turn Off Ads?