Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Re: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What in the absolute hell.

Honestly - get the Reyna's, including Gio, away from the USMNT. What an embarrassment.
    Yeah that is some petty high school garbage.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What in the absolute hell.

Honestly - get the Reyna's, including Gio, away from the USMNT. What an embarrassment.
    What about Berhalter? This is pretty much proof that he and Reyna Sr have significant issues with one another, and Berhalter took it out on his son. I said repeatedly that Berhalter has a bias against Reyna. Now it is out in the open.
    And for Reyna Jr, this is not good. He’s not the first player whose daddy greased (or tried to grease) the skids, but they all have to grow up and move on. That’s what Gio should have done here. It was a bad WC for him, but it’s over. Move on. Don’t keep rehashing the crap that happened.

Berhalter isn’t coming back. They named an interim for the upcoming games and camp.

Berhalter and Reyna have been friends for decades and he didn’t have anything against Gio based on their relationship. That’s pure fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Berhalter isn’t coming back. They named an interim for the upcoming games and camp.

Berhalter and Reyna have been friends for decades and he didn’t have anything against Gio based on their relationship. That’s pure fantasy.
    No. Friends don’t do each other wrong like Gregg and Claudio. Reynas are on record saying the friendship ended with the Dec 11 press conference where Berhalter publicly revealed all the supposedly “keep it in the locker room” stuff about Gio’s behavior at the WC.

Who wants to coach a 20 yr old entitled kid whose parents demand he starts and plays all the time and if he doesn’t, will undermine you?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    What about Berhalter? This is pretty much proof that he and Reyna Sr have significant issues with one another, and Berhalter took it out on his son. I said repeatedly that Berhalter has a bias against Reyna. Now it is out in the open.
    And for Reyna Jr, this is not good. He’s not the first player whose daddy greased (or tried to grease) the skids, but they all have to grow up and move on. That’s what Gio should have done here. It was a bad WC for him, but it’s over. Move on. Don’t keep rehashing the crap that happened.
    Oh, Berhalter should be fired into the sun as well.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Oddly, this level of drama sort of confirms the U.S. as a real footballing nation. This is an almost South American amount of intrigue.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

Betterread (01-04-2023),Chip R (01-05-2023),membengal (01-04-2023),MWM (01-05-2023),oregonred (01-09-2023),westofyou (01-04-2023),Yachtzee (01-06-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Oddly, this level of drama sort of confirms the U.S. as a real footballing nation. This is an almost South American amount of intrigue.
    The USMNT may not achieve the successful heights of the USWNT, but they can match their drama (boozy forward? Bipolar goalie? US men can do even better - closet skeletons from the past, no game time for talented but privileged progeny of your childhood rival).

11. Likes:

M2 (01-04-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    crossed my mind. We've arrived!
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

13. Likes:

Betterread (01-04-2023),M2 (01-04-2023)

Thierry Henry is open to becoming USMNT coach.

https://theathletic.com/4211087/2023...ampaign=601983
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

As rumored, the 2026 World Cup will expand to 48 teams. Groups will remain 4 with the 8 best 3rd place teams advancing.

https://theathletic.com/4307230/2023...mpaign=6380450
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    As rumored, the 2026 World Cup will expand to 48 teams. Groups will remain 4 with the 8 best 3rd place teams advancing.

https://theathletic.com/4307230/2023...mpaign=6380450
    It’s good they didn’t do the 3 team group thing.

17. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-15-2023),Chip R (03-15-2023),M2 (03-15-2023)

So they're only culling 1/3 of the teams through the group stage. My guess is this a way station on their journey to 64 teams. The real drama will kick in with the Round of 32.
    Last edited by M2; 03-15-2023 at 04:28 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

US really needs to get Balogun lined up

20. Likes:

M2 (03-15-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    US really needs to get Balogun lined up
    ITS HAPPENING!

FIFA just approved his switch and he is going to be a US player!

22. Likes:

M2 (05-16-2023),RedTeamGo! (05-16-2023)

Turn Off Ads?