Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Re: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    What would be a reasonable expectation for the USMNT in this year's World Cup?
    Round of 16 is realistic, not a shoe-in by any means, but realistic. This is a very young USMNT team. They should be solid in 2026 at home, that should be the prime for most of the best players on the squad. With that said, as long as Pulisic, Reyna, Dest, Aarronson, and McKinnie are healthy they should be a tough out. McKinnie specifically.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    The goal is to always get out of the group.

Personally I’d be happy if they got to the final 8. This is the youngest team that qualified for the tournament and is set up more for the 2026 World Cup at home. Getting some experience and getting some wins on this stage is important.

If they are completely healthy and playing at their peak they can hang with anyone, but they are still a wildly inconsistent team and has struggled to stay healthy. Also there isn’t a reliable goal scoring 9. That always bites you at some point.
    It’s just wild to me the USMNT just cannot find a #9. Pepi looked great for a window, but he’s been a ghost since. Thought he could be the guy, not looking like it. Maybe Cade Cowell?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s just wild to me the USMNT just cannot find a #9. Pepi looked great for a window, but he’s been a ghost since. Thought he could be the guy, not looking like it. Maybe Cade Cowell?
    I mean I guess we can keep trying whoever, but at some point it is what it is.

If healthy the best front 6 is

Pulisic Weah Reyna
    Weston Musah
    Adams

That is workable and can be dangerous even without the traditional 9.

5. Likes:

M2 (04-03-2022),RedTeamGo! (04-04-2022)

I really don't know how strong the various countries are in soccer. But, looking at the FIFA rankings, it seems as if the US got a very favorable draw when they landed in Group B.

7. Likes:

Chip R (04-04-2022)

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

FYI re: USMNT in Cincy on June 1. Keep your eyes open for when tickets go on sale.

https://twitter.com/PBrennanENQ/stat...10512692092936
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    FYI re: USMNT in Cincy on June 1. Keep your eyes open for when tickets go on sale.

https://twitter.com/PBrennanENQ/stat...10512692092936
    I wish it wasn't a wednesday!

The 2026 host cities were just announced and unfortunately but not surprisingly the World Cup isn’t ready for Skyline Chili.

The 2026 host cities were just announced and unfortunately but not surprisingly the World Cup isn’t ready for Skyline Chili.
    Seattle sounds fine to me

Pretty trash cities

Foxboro, MA (It's far from Boston)
    East Rutherford, NJ
    Philadelphia

Are all redundant

SF shouldn't have gotten it

2 Texas Cities

What a joke. One of Nashville or Cincy should have gotten it

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    Pretty trash cities

Foxboro, MA (It's far from Boston)
    East Rutherford, NJ
    Philadelphia

Are all redundant

SF shouldn't have gotten it

2 Texas Cities

What a joke. One of Nashville or Cincy should have gotten it
    You have to put this in the context of it being a global tournament. Having fans from all over the world get to Cincinnati is not gonna happen.

Yeah Cincinnati shouldn’t have gotten it.

San Francisco, Philly and Miami should have been Vegas, Chicago and Montreal. Everything else was good.

San Francisco, Philly and Miami should have been Vegas, Chicago and Montreal. Everything else was good.
    Not sure why they want to play a summer tournament in Miami. Same thing with Vegas, why mess with that heat in the dead of summer.

Infrastructurally Cincinnati can handle it. Never thought they would really get serious consideration, but stranger things would happen.

Interesting that both Seattle and Vancouver got it, seems to me like they should have chosen one of those two cities.

Are they really going to pay a game indoors in Atlanta?

The finals should be at the Rose Bowl, but unfortunately they will not.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Not sure why they want to play a summer tournament in Miami. Same thing with Vegas, why mess with that heat in the dead of summer.

Infrastructurally Cincinnati can handle it. Never thought they would really get serious consideration, but stranger things would happen.

Interesting that both Seattle and Vancouver got it, seems to me like they should have chosen one of those two cities.

Are they really going to pay a game indoors in Atlanta?

The finals should be at the Rose Bowl, but unfortunately they will not.
    Yeah June/July Miami thing should have eliminated it. I get that it’s a popular international city and a pretty big hub from South America, but the stadium is just ok and you’ll have to play games very late.

Vegas has an indoor stadium now, so that wouldn’t have been a problem. Huge airport with lots of international flights and you know it’s Vegas. Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and Vancouver will all be indoors.

The Rose Bowl isn’t a venue at all, the LA stadium is SoFi, which will have to undergo a minor renovation to fit the soccer field.

I love Cincinnati, but it would have been a stretch. The airport would have been the smallest, the stadium would have been among the smallest, no/limited public transportation, not a ton of hotels.

Not having Chicago stunned me, but I guess it and Montreal withdrew because they didn't like the graft it takes to woo FIFA.

One thing that crossed my mind is that with Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas and three Mexican cities 2026 could be a brutally hot World Cup. The heat they tried to escape in Qatar by moving it to December might be what they get in 2026. It's gonna be a scorcher.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Yeah June/July Miami thing should have eliminated it. I get that it’s a popular international city and a pretty big hub from South America, but the stadium is just ok and you’ll have to play games very late.

Vegas has an indoor stadium now, so that wouldn’t have been a problem. Huge airport with lots of international flights and you know it’s Vegas. Atlanta, Dallas, Houston and Vancouver will all be indoors.

The Rose Bowl isn’t a venue at all, the LA stadium is SoFi, which will have to undergo a minor renovation to fit the soccer field.

I love Cincinnati, but it would have been a stretch. The airport would have been the smallest, the stadium would have been among the smallest, no/limited public transportation, not a ton of hotels.
    I don't love the idea of playing these games indoors. Doesn't Atlanta have turf? That will be interesting to see how they do grass there.

Yea I saw the Rose Bowl wasn't a venue at all, which is disappointing. Kinda having the WC in England but not playing at Wembly.

Cincy's airport could handle the traffic, it doesn't anymore, but it has the ability to.

The mass transit is an issue and I do agree the hotel space is fairly limited.

Turn Off Ads?