Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 College Basketball Thread

2023-2024 College Basketball Thread

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...gay-slur-radio

Looks like WVU may be looking for a new basketball coach. First thing that came to mind was Thom.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2023-2024 College Basketball Thread

Oh Huggy Bear. Lol. Fun guy to hate.

Huggins issues apology:

"During the conversation, I used a completely insensitive and abhorrent phrase that there is simply no excuse for -- and I won't try to make one here. I deeply apologize to the individuals I have offended, as well as to the Xavier University community, the University of Cincinnati and West Virginia University. As I have shared with my players over my 40 years of coaching, there are consequences for our words and actions, and I will fully accept (anything) coming my way. I am ashamed and embarrassed and heartbroken for those I have hurt. I must do better, and I will."

"And there's a deep drive to left by Castellanos and that will be a home run. 4-0"

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-08-2023)

What an idiot
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What an idiot
    What's worse is WVU fans are already rallying behind him. Basically saying that firing him would do too much damage to the university and a hefty fine and 10 game suspension would be better.

Anyone who has complained about Huggins in the last five years, this is your out. You take it. Yes Huggins has brought in a lot of good recruits from the transfer portal this season but if he does stay it's going to bring a LOT of notoriety and negative publicity to not only the program but the state as a whole.

I heard the clip and it’s like I had hopped in the Delorean and went back 30 years.

Some things never change.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (05-09-2023),Ky Fried Redleg (05-08-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    What's worse is WVU fans are already rallying behind him. Basically saying that firing him would do too much damage to the university and a hefty fine and 10 game suspension would be better.

Anyone who has complained about Huggins in the last five years, this is your out. You take it. Yes Huggins has brought in a lot of good recruits from the transfer portal this season but if he does stay it's going to bring a LOT of notoriety and negative publicity to not only the program but the state as a whole.

Yep. This isn't a big deal in W. Va. He's doing damage control. He'll have to serve a token suspension but he's not going anywhere

Last edited by westofyou; 05-09-2023 at 10:53 AM.

LOL, that is too funny. Cunningham is like the living embodiment of everything that sucks about this city. Him and his army of braindead hicks are the reason why any of our kids with half a brain move the hell away.

13. Likes:

Mitri (05-09-2023),westofyou (05-09-2023)

RIP Denny Crum.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    RIP Denny Crum.

Great coach. He made Louisville into a national power. Even though he was the coach of the school that was Kentucky's biggest rival, I always had a lot of respect form him. He ran his program in a very calm and efficient manner. He always seemed like a very pleasant person. UCLA's biggest mistake after Wooden retired was not hiring Crum as his successor. UL should ever be grateful they didn't. RIP Denny Crum.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...y-crum-dies-86
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

Boston Red (05-09-2023),Revering4Blue (05-09-2023)

A huge part of my childhood dies with Denny. He was the greatest.

R. I. P. Denny Crum,..."Cool Hand Luke"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denny_Crum

Denzel Edwin Crum (March 2, 1937 – May 9, 2023) was an American men's college basketball coach at the University of Louisville from 1971 to 2001, compiling a 675–295 (.696) record. He guided the Cardinals to two NCAA championships (1980, 1986) and six Final Fours. Honored in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame since 1994, Crum was one of the major figures in the history of sports in Kentucky and in college basketball.

As the head coach at U of L, Crum was widely credited with pioneering the now-common strategy of scheduling tough non-conference match-ups early in the season in order to prepare his teams for March's NCAA tournament, where one defeat ends the season. Crum's prolific post-season play and calm demeanor earned him the monikers "Mr. March" and his most well-known nickname, "Cool Hand Luke."
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Million dollar salary reduction and suspension for Huggins.

As I figured...it won't cost him his job like many said

Turn Off Ads?