Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Re: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

My guesstimate WC Roster as of now: (Subject to change)

GK:
    Steffen
    Horvath
    Turner

D:
    Dest
    Brooks
    McKenzie
    A. Robinson
    Yedlin
    Zimmerman or Miazga
    Richards
    Cannon

MF:
    Pulisic
    Reyna
    McKennie
    Adams
    Musah
    Aaronson
    Lletget
    Weah
    K. Acosta (Who I'm not a fan of but they need someone that can play behind Adams)

F:
    Sargent
    Dike
    Zardes

2. Turn Off Ads?

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...pulisic-reyna/

Roster for the first 3 WC qualifiers is out.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/new...pulisic-reyna/

Roster for the first 3 WC qualifiers is out.
    Not in love with the thin midfield. Would have liked to see Yunus Musah in there. Maybe they'll drop Aaronson or Pepi into the midfield to lend it some dynamism.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Betterread (08-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Not in love with the thin midfield. Would have liked to see Yunus Musah in there. Maybe they'll drop Aaronson or Pepi into the midfield to lend it some dynamism.
    Yeah I’m not sure of injury situations but no Musah, Miazaga, Dike, Hoppe and there was some thoughts that Arajuao would decide to hope on board.

The midfield/striker designation there seems to be pretty fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Not in love with the thin midfield. Would have liked to see Yunus Musah in there.
    The midfield dearth of skills and confidence stood out to me. LLetget and Roldan are not world class players, in my estimation.

8. Likes:

M2 (08-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    The midfield dearth of skills and confidence stood out to me. LLetget and Roldan are not world class players, in my estimation.
    Or Acosta. That's why I'm hoping Aaronson, who's going to be getting Champions League experience this season, joins McKennie in playing in the channels in front of Adams. They're a piston short in the engine room if nobody grabs that role.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Musah isn’t 100% fit, that’s why he is staying with Valencia for now.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

M2 (08-26-2021)

Oooooooooof what a thud of an opening qualifying match.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Oooooooooof what a thud of an opening qualifying match.
    I was only half paying attention because of the Buckeyes game, but it just seemed like a classic road concacaf game. They seemed more composed and in control in the second half and had one saved off the line. But you always take a point on the road.

I’ll be in the stands in Nashville Sunday.

14. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-03-2021)

That was disappointing. Berghalter can’t bracket Davies with a midfielder and an outside back?
    US team didn’t look ready for the event. This was an important chance to set a qualifying campaign tone, and the squad started out with no sense of purpose, much less immediacy.
    He can’t select a national team, and he can’t prepare a national team. New coach needed now. US won’t qualify with this clown pulling the tactical strings.

Back to back draws......ouch. That's gotta a be a disappointment right?

That was disappointing. Berghalter can’t bracket Davies with a midfielder and an outside back?
    US team didn’t look ready for the event. This was an important chance to set a qualifying campaign tone, and the squad started out with no sense of purpose, much less immediacy.
    He can’t select a national team, and he can’t prepare a national team. New coach needed now. US won’t qualify with this clown pulling the tactical strings.
    Dude relax. Gregggg has been absolutely solid so far. 2 points from these 2 games isn’t ideal, but it’s not a killer either and there is a long ways to go.

They definitely were moving the ball too slow last night, particularly in the first half and he waited wayyyyy to long to make subs. Sargent made a noticeable difference but needed to come on shortly after Canada scored.

18. Likes:

BillDoran (09-07-2021)

Gregggg has been absolutely solid so far.
    the hell you say.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    the hell you say.
    You are seriously going to argue that he has been anything but solid so far as head coach?

Go ahead and make that case. I’ll listen.

Can’t select a National team? It’s not his fault Musah, Weah, and Reyna were hurt and McKinnie violated COVID protocols. The roster is totally fine. They just need to play better. I think these kids came in expecting to just be better, hopefully this was a wake-up call. It’s not end of the world type situation, but definitely disappointing they didn’t walk out this weekend with at least 4 points. Have to win Wednesday.

Turn Off Ads?