Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Re: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

If you’re expecting this USMNT squad to be on the level of France and Spain you should stop watching and find something else to do with your time.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The US should qualify no worse than 2nd in CONCACAF. Yes there are a lot of games left, but they left points on the table.

I have a hunch if one of the aforementioned European teams played El Salvador and Canada, they would have more than 2 points, more like 6.

In the previous cycle the US missed qualifying by 1 point. I am sure after the first two games everyone was saying "they are fine, there are a ton more games to play."
    Haha last time out we lost to Mexico and then got blasted by Costa Rica 4-0 at home and fired our coach. We are on easy street compared to last time.

Just in the last week France drew Bosnia and Ukraine, Spain lost to Sweden and the Netherlands drew Norway. World Cup qualifying is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    If you’re expecting this USMNT squad to be on the level of France and Spain you should stop watching and find something else to do with your time.
    CONCACAF in undoubtedly easier than UEFA. I am not expecting them to be on par with France/Spain. But I don't think its too demanding of them to take care of business against teams like El Salvador and Canada.

Disappointing results in the first 2 games but we have 12 games left. And as bad as we have played we are also still tied for 3rd based on points in CONCACAF (although 5th on tiebreakers) and the top 3 automatically qualify and 4th goes into playoffs. I think we get at least 7-8 points by the time we play Mexico again. A ton would have to happen for us not to make top 3 and I mean like losing multiple games we should win.

at Honduras — Sept. 8
    vs. Jamaica — Oct. 7
    at Panama — Oct. 10
    vs. Costa Rica — Oct. 13
    vs. Mexico — Nov. 12
    at Jamaica — Nov. 16
    vs. El Salvador — Jan. 27
    at Canada — Jan. 30
    vs. Honduras — Feb. 2
    at Mexico — March 24
    vs. Panama — March 27
    at Costa Rica — March 30

https://www.google.com/search?client...62k5;st;fp;1;;
    Last edited by DocRed; 09-07-2021 at 01:12 PM.

6. Likes:

Hoosier Red (09-07-2021),RedTeamGo! (09-07-2021)

Unfortunately it looks like McKennie will still be suspended for violating Covid protocols vs Honduras tomorrow. Really dumb and not the first time for him...

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.co...ocol-team-news

Let's hope he gets his head on straight for the next series of matches in October.
    Last edited by DocRed; 09-07-2021 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    So the Gold Cup is not a real tournament, but World Cup qualifying which is against the exact same teams, is not? Got it.
    I see your point. You value the gold cup more than I do, and that is understandable, given the marketing and hype that USSF decide to apply. The top level tournament in North and South America is the Copa America, which is a tough tournament comparable to the European Euros. Even though Brazil and Argentina have a talent advantage, they do not always win and the host country rotates. Since the USA is not in South America, they have to be invited to play in the Copa America - which has not happened since 2016 ( USA and Mexico). I don’t think the USA and Mexico care that much if they play CA. I’m not sure Mexico cared about the gold cup this year, as Mexico (in thir culture) believes they sit below Brazil and above the USA in terms of football prestige.
    There are continental tournaments in Asia, Africa, North America, and Oceania (Australian continent - plus) but they are not on the same level as the Euros and Copa America in terms of difficulty.
    As for playing the same countries but assigning different importance to the preparation and expectations for different matches, that happens all the time all over the world. Friendlies and smaller tournaments are definitely different than WC qualifiers.
    Look at how Mexico prepared for the Golf Cup vrs WCQs. This is reflected in the 6 points from two WCQ matches that Mexico has, v the USA’s two points.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Unfortunately it looks like McKennie will still be suspended for violating Covid protocols vs Honduras tomorrow. Really dumb and not the first time for him...

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.co...ocol-team-news

Let's hope he gets his head on straight for the next series of matches in October.
    I don’t know what rule McKennie broke this time, and it doesn’t really matter, but I do know about the Juve protocol.
    It was widely reported that McKennie went to a party, but Dybala said it was a dinner with a few players and their families, which is different, even though curfew rules were broken anyway. You have to remember that Italy struggles with racism and it comes out in ways like portraying South Americans and Black players as party animals. And conversely, Italian players are all good wholesome young men.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I see your point. You value the gold cup more than I do, and that is understandable, given the marketing and hype that USSF decide to apply. The top level tournament in North and South America is the Copa America, which is a tough tournament comparable to the European Euros. Even though Brazil and Argentina have a talent advantage, they do not always win and the host country rotates. Since the USA is not in South America, they have to be invited to play in the Copa America - which has not happened since 2016 ( USA and Mexico). I don’t think the USA and Mexico care that much if they play CA. I’m not sure Mexico cared about the gold cup this year, as Mexico (in thir culture) believes they sit below Brazil and above the USA in terms of football prestige.
    There are continental tournaments in Asia, Africa, North America, and Oceania (Australian continent - plus) but they are not on the same level as the Euros and Copa America in terms of difficulty.
    As for playing the same countries but assigning different importance to the preparation and expectations for different matches, that happens all the time all over the world. Friendlies and smaller tournaments are definitely different than WC qualifiers.
    Look at how Mexico prepared for the Golf Cup vrs WCQs. This is reflected in the 6 points from two WCQ matches that Mexico has, v the USA’s two points.
    I mean you play the schedule you got. No one is arguing that the Gold Cup is as good as the Euros or the Copa. But it’s the tournament we got and we won it. The Nations League is just something we made up…and we won it. Greggg won them specifically.

I’m not sure you can glean a ton from Mexico’s preparation vs the US after 2 games. We had a ball saved off the line and our best player hit the post another time. We are about 5 inches from having 6 points too. We will be alright.

Disappointing results in the first 2 games but we have 12 games left. And as bad as we have played we are also still tied for 3rd based on points in CONCACAF (although 5th on tiebreakers) and the top 3 automatically qualify and 4th goes into playoffs. I think we get at least 7-8 points by the time we play Mexico again. A ton would have to happen for us not to make top 3 and I mean like losing multiple games we should win.

at Honduras — Sept. 8
    vs. Jamaica — Oct. 7
    at Panama — Oct. 10
    vs. Costa Rica — Oct. 13
    vs. Mexico — Nov. 12
    at Jamaica — Nov. 16
    vs. El Salvador — Jan. 27
    at Canada — Jan. 30
    vs. Honduras — Feb. 2
    at Mexico — March 24
    vs. Panama — March 27
    at Costa Rica — March 30

https://www.google.com/search?client...62k5;st;fp;1;;
    HAve tickets gone on sale for the match against Mexico yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    72 % possession , under two expected goals. He’s a tactical nightmare. Creatively adrift.
    Far more than at the club level, national teams rely on players to make things happen. If Pulisic, Reyna, McKennie and Musah were out there together with Adams acting as a high tempo ball recycler, they'd have plenty of invention. When it's lesser players instead of them, they likely need to play more direct.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

IslandRed (09-07-2021),membengal (09-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    They have, but there was no general sale, it was all weighted draw for US Insider members.

I don’t understand how Mexico or their fans mainly think they are on any level close to Brazil. They have great youth teams. League is good. No level near Brazil even in their youth teams. Argentina either. Uruguay and Chile sure especially in consistent U-20. 17. That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I dunno but they better play that game in Fairbanks Alaska...

I dunno but they better play that game in Fairbanks Alaska...
    It’s in Cincinnati IIRC
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s in Cincinnati IIRC
    Friday November 12 from the new stadium

Turn Off Ads?