Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Re: USMNT...I believe that we will qualify!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yep. I know it’s been said before about the USMNT, but I think we actually might be looking at a golden generation. I just wish I had more faith in Berhalter.

If a lot of these players actually hit their ceilings this team has legit World Cup champion talent.
    I suspect the team outgrows Berhalter after this WC cycle. Too many guys playing with top coaches in Europe. They have the talent to make some noise in 2022, but that team is going to be heavy in 2026 when they're playing at home. They're going to need a coach who can take them to their absolute limit.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I like Dest, Brooks and Long in the back. Reggie Cannon ain’t it though.
    Long's a fill-in. Miazga and Brooks are almost certainly the preferred CD pairing. What I'm keeping my eye on is whether any of the young CDs (e.g. Richards, Reynolds, Palmer-Brown, McKenzie) take a leap forward in Europe. If they develop some kids in the middle of the the back line to match the rest of their talent, I'm looking forward to a big 2020s.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Long's a fill-in. Miazga and Brooks are almost certainly the preferred CD pairing. What I'm keeping my eye on is whether any of the young CDs (e.g. Richards, Reynolds, Palmer-Brown, McKenzie) take a leap forward in Europe. If they develop some kids in the middle of the the back line to match the rest of their talent, I'm looking forward to a big 2020s.
    Miazga needs to play a lot better. I think Long was meant to be a fill in but I think he’s grabbed it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Miazga needs to play a lot better. I think Long was meant to be a fill in but I think he’s grabbed it.
    Miazga's been playing well in his club games, at least from what I read. They didn't call up all their top guys for this round of friendlies. Seems like some guys are getting trials while others who are playing heavy league schedules are getting a breather. Adams and McKennie aren't there either, and they're bolted on starters. We'll get to see the whole crew together for the Nations League in June.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Miazga's been playing well in his club games, at least from what I read. They didn't call up all their top guys for this round of friendlies. Seems like some guys are getting trials while others who are playing heavy league schedules are getting a breather. Adams and McKennie aren't there either, and they're bolted on starters. We'll get to see the whole crew together for the Nations League in June.
    Yeah I think if they had everyone fully healthy and ready to go in a game that matters they’d have swapped McKinnie for Llegett and Adams for Acosta and that is probably the current top 11.

First US men’s game that actually matters for something in like 2 years is about to kick off. It’s on CBS Sports. Basically the full A squad is playing.

And the US wins, through a late goal by a Swiss Young Boy (born in DC) Jordan Siebatcheu. On to the CONCACAF finals, and even greater glory.

Really solid start and eventually overcame Honduras playing for PKs. Brooks and Reyna were both great.

Damn Josh Sargent looked really good. HUGE matchup vs Mexico on Sunday

Tyler Adams good to go! Big news for the USMNT going into tonight.

12. Likes:

M2 (06-06-2021)

USA - 3
    Mexico - 2

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

14. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (06-07-2021),RedTeamGo! (06-07-2021),Yachtzee (06-07-2021)

This USMNT just different. Usually against Mexico the USMNT is clearly inferior skill-wise. I think MX still has more skill on the ball but there were multiple stretches where the US was just dominating the ball and match. The thing is this USMNT has an average age of 24 and this Mexico squad is full of seasoned and quality veterans. This is our golden generation. Next 10 years is going to be a blast. I think part of the reason Mexico was getting so pissed at the end is they know what’s coming, and this is only the beginning.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

16. Likes:

DocRed (06-07-2021),Hoosier Red (06-07-2021),membengal (06-07-2021)

Great win. Even match. USA kept their composure, a sign of good fitness as well as mental fortitude.
    This recurring bad behavior of Mexican fans needs to be addressed. Player safety has been compromised. Lozano feels that with great skill, comes great privilege to provoke referees. I didn’t like his behavior. I applaud McKennie’s defense of his teammates without resorting to shoving or punching. CONCACAF finals - always some unnecessary drama due to weak referees.

18. Likes:

DocRed (06-07-2021),RedTeamGo! (06-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Great win. Even match. USA kept their composure, a sign of good fitness as well as mental fortitude.
    This recurring bad behavior of Mexican fans needs to be addressed. Player safety has been compromised. Lozano feels that with great skill, comes great privilege to provoke referees. I didn’t like his behavior. I applaud McKennie’s defense of his teammates without resorting to shoving or punching. CONCACAF finals - always some unnecessary drama due to weak referees.
    Our wunderkind got smoked in the face by a projectile. **** needs to stop!

By the way, Pulisic isn’t the best young American, folks. It’s Reyna.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 06-07-2021 at 08:15 AM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

20. Likes:

Betterread (06-07-2021),Hoosier Red (06-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    By the way, Pulisic isn’t the beat young American, folks. It’s Reyna.
    I agree that Reyna is going to be better than Pulisic, and may be already. But when I watch the USMNT, Dest is the one who sticks out the most. He just seems a step above anyone else on the US side.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?