Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 7/12/2019 Minor League Rundown

7/12/2019 Minor League Rundown

AAA - Wood making his 2nd rehab start. Would like to know his pitch count tonight. 24 max days left in rehab.

AA - Naughton starting 2.98 ERA

High A - Daytona - Orewiler starting (3.38 ERA)

Low A - Dayton - Richardson starting. 4.46 ERA. Since June 1 he has had 7 starts. 6 were pretty good and one was a disaster. Two decent ones in a row. Hope for 3

Rookie Billings - Lodolo starting - 0.00 ERA. I was in favor of him getting some time there, but I'd have moved him to Dayton by now.

Rookie Greeneville - Abril (6.43 ERA) starting. Had really bad first start, better after that. Last start was his best. 4 innings, 1 run. Hopefully Cam Warren starts and continues to rake !

Rookie Arizona - TDB

DSL Reds won 6-5
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7/12/2019 Minor League Rundown

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    AAA - Wood making his 2nd rehab start. Would like to know his pitch count tonight. 24 max days left in rehab.

AA - Naughton starting 2.98 ERA

High A - Daytona - Orewiler starting (3.38 ERA)

Low A - Dayton - Richardson starting. 4.46 ERA. Since June 1 he has had 7 starts. 6 were pretty good and one was a disaster. Two decent ones in a row. Hope for 3

Rookie Billings - Lodolo starting - 0.00 ERA. I was in favor of him getting some time there, but I'd have moved him to Dayton by now.

Rookie Greeneville - Abril (6.43 ERA) starting. Had really bad first start, better after that. Last start was his best. 4 innings, 1 run. Hopefully Cam Warren starts and continues to rake !

Rookie Arizona - TDB

DSL Reds won 6-5
    Best group of starters among the staffs.

Like that Richardson has shown some obvious improvement as the season has progressed.

Over his last 10, he's given up two or less in eight of them.

Lodolo's been lights out and is playing with kids in the Pioneer League.

Orweiler's old for the league, but he's been nothing but solid.

Naughton's 2.98 AA ERA is good, but his peripherals have taken a couple steps backward since being called up nine starts ago.

Watched Wood's first ininng. Retired them in order. Was much more in control of his location compared to last time. Announcers says 3 innings or 45-50 pitches is his limit tonight.

It's throwback night for the (River)Bats, and anyone who attended games in Louisville in the early 2000s will certainly get a kick out of the return of the legendary Dancin' Carl:

Watched Wood's first inning. Retired them in order. Was much more in control of his location compared to last time. Announcers says 3 innings or 45-50 pitches is his limit tonight.
    Wood ended up giving up 2 earned runs in 2 innings, but it wasn't quite as bad as it seems. Leadoff hitter in 2nd yanked a solid double to the LF wall. Next guy has a little opposite field soft liner and it gets past Aquino for error and he gets to third. Next guy fists one just over 2b to score the run. Without the error only one run scores and so Wood got 1 earned run.

Guy leading off third hits a chopper to 1b that VanMeter is unable to come up with on the short hop. Scored a hit. Wood hits his pitch limit, and is removed. And because next pitcher is Reyes, he allows the run to score.

So in reality we are looking at 2 innings, 1 run. If Wood is healthy afterwards, I view this day as a win.

Other notes;

Bats won 7-6. Multiple hit games from Aquino, Blandino, Turner and Trahan (3). Romano pitched 4 innings of relief gving up 2 solo homers. Makes me think his recent starting stint was short-lived. In what I consider to be very big news, Powers is back after a month and a half on the DL. He promptly pitched 1 inning and struck out 3 hitters (and a walk). And Kuehnel closed the game with a shaky, scoreless inning.

Chattanooga got suspended after 3 trailing 1-0. The only Lookouts hit was a double by Nay.

Daytona got rained out.

Dayton lost 4-2. Richardson went 3 and only gave up one run, but his line does not look pretty. 6 hits and 2 walks. 2 hits apiece for Siani and Manzanero

Billings lost 3-2. Lodolo gave up a single and homer to first 2 batters. Pitched 2 innings. Finished with those 2 runs and 5 K's. Omar Conoporo followed with 5 shutout innings with 3 hits and no walks. Multi hit games from Ruiz, Ozuna, and Willems

Greeneville won 10-0. Abril went 5 shutout innings. 19th round pick Tyler Garbee then went 4 shutout innings. He now has 6 appearances, 17 innings, 17 K's, 8 hits and 0 Runs. Might need to visit Dayton. MUlti hit nights from Ivan Johnson, Lantigua, Gomez, and 3 hits from Cam Warren who's hitting .444

Az Reds got abused 13-3. My breakout pitcher of the year candidate, Noah Davis coming of TJ surgery is struggling 1.1 innings and 4 runs. Tello had only mutiple hit game (one HR)

DSL Reds won 6-5.

8. Likes:

mace (07-13-2019)

He is there because of the larger roster size, where you can get away with having a starter giving you two innings or less without wrecking your bullpen. He will get to Dayton, then probably shut down around August 1. I would expect maybe one more start with Billings.

10. Likes:

JaxRed (07-13-2019),mth123 (07-13-2019),RED VAN HOT (07-13-2019),Tom Servo (07-13-2019)

Turn Off Ads?