Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 7/13/2019 Minor League Happenings

7/13/2019 Minor League Happenings

AAA - Louisville - Sims going tonight
    AA - Chattanooga - San Martin starting, plus they need to finish yesterday's suspended game
    High A Daytona - Double header because of rainout - Orewiler and Solomon
    Low A - Dayton - Diaz starting
    Rookie Billings - Medrano starting (Age 20, 2.75 ERA. Rare pitching bright spot....so far)
    Rookie Greeneville - Ashcraft starting. I know he can't play every day but I want to see more of Cam Warren.
    Rookie Az - TDB of course

DSL Reds are off till 15th.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7/13/2019 Minor League Happenings

India is not in the lineup for either game today. Let the speculation begin.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    India is not in the lineup for either game today. Let the speculation begin.
    I thought a promotion but then I remembered that didn't he leave his last game early? Might have an injury.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Saw that too......

Brian O'Grady has 2 homers and 8 RBIs tonight.

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Brian O'Grady has 2 homers and 8 RBIs tonight.
    It's a shame that the Reds are such an offensive powerhouse that he can't be used.

7/13 MILB recap:

Louisville won, 12-9 over Klinger's favorite team. Nearly everyone hit, hit well, and hit often. VanMeter with three of them, to raise his BA to .358. (Not that we care about BA.) Colon had two, to raise his BA to an even .300. Aristides Aquino had two as well, invluding his 21st HR of the season. He's at .299/ .358/ .628/ .986 for the season. Not to be outdone, the OG Brian O'Grady hit two out among his three hits. Eight RBI improved his season total as well. (Not that we care about RBI either.) The HRs were his 23rd and 24th on the season. He has a .295/ .365/ .601/ .966 line with 63 RBI. That'd play pretty much anywhere, I suspect. Sims actually pitched fairly well-- 5 IP, 5 Ks, 4 H, 4 BB (ugh).

Mother Nature decided Chattanooga needed a day off. And Mother always knows best. (Ask Norman, He'll tell you.)

A+ Daytona swept a doubleheader over Lakeland, 6 - 1 and 2 - 1. Those pitching lines look positively tasty. For Rice Owl Austin Orewiler lowered his ERA to 3.29, with 5 innings of four-hit, two-walk, three-K adequacy. Jared Solomon came on in the nightcap to go 4.1 IP with two hits, 5 BB (ugh), and three K to lower his ERA to 3.86. Solomon's an interesting guy to keep an eye on-- more Ks than IP, too many walks, but otherwise solid. Might be something. Might not. CF Andy Sugilio had three hits on the day, raising his BA to 306. OPS of 715 tempers the enthusiasm, but his wRC+ is 114, and he's supposedly a good defensive OF. That ISO is positively Hamiltonian, at .069. Stuart Fairchild had a hit in four trips to the plate. His numbers are quite interesting. A 130 wRC+ and quality play in CF makes for an actual prospect. A .176 A+ ISO gives hope that he's quietly had a bit of a breakthrough offensively. Good to see, regardless.

The Dayton Dragons won, 3 - 0. (Pitching, who knew?) They only mustered three hits on the day, but they were enough. Alexis Diaz, spot starter extraordinaire, gave up two hits and four BBs (ugh) in 5 innings. Diaz's peripherals should him to be unlucky. 57.1 IP, 52 H, 28 BB, and 74 K's works out to a 3.48 xFIP. He's nearly two full runs worse than that in terms of ERA. Might be a deep, deep sleeper moving forward.

Both Rookie level teams lost. Billings took the L, getting shut out by Rocky Mountain, 4 - nil. No one had more than one hit. Eric Yang, 7th rounder out of IC Santa Barbara, has had a nice first 50 PAs of his professional career. He's at .340/ .439/ .468. Might want to file that name away for later. He's only 21. He was, after all, the POTY in his college conference.

Greeneville took it on the chin as well, 8 - 4. At least they scored. 24-year-old 1B/ DH Cam Warren had two hits. He's mashing Rookie Level ball to the tune of a .435 BA and a 1.041 OPS. Might want to move that "kid" up a level or three. AJ Bumpass had two more hits. He's sporting an 883 OPS. Already six extra base hits for Bumpass on his short pro career. Good to see. Graham Ashcraft deserved better, btw. One ER, six Ks, in 4 IP isn't horrid. One extraordinarily poor performance mars an otherwise solid debut for the 21-year-old UAB draftee. Of his five starts, Ashcraft has given up 1 ER in 13 IP over three good starts and 14 ER in 6 IP in his bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    It's a shame that the Reds are such an offensive powerhouse that he can't be used.
    Along with a couple of other guys!

Turn Off Ads?