Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB Targeting International Draft As Soon As 2020

Re: MLB Targeting International Draft As Soon As 2020

I see this as a pathetic attempt to accommodate the players union's likely demands at the expense of international players. The savings would presumably give clubs more to spend on ML players. Further, the proposed draft does little to increase the competitive position of small market teams. This proposal is a trial balloon in the upcoming battle.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Why can't they just be put in the normal draft with the other amateurs?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    The problem with this is that I'm afraid the enlarged pool money would disproportionately go to the American players if you threw them all in the same draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The problem with this is that I'm afraid the enlarged pool money would disproportionately go to the American players if you threw them all in the same draft.
    So the larger sum of money would go to the better players, I'd assume? I guess I don't see the issue. Or is it that you are thinking it'd take less to sign a player or similar value, due to where they are coming from? I'm starting to answer my own question. Issue probably comes from not being able to leverage a Scholarship.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    Because MLB doesn't want teams paying foreign players at the same level as domestic players.

Turn Off Ads?