Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 226

Thread: India promoted to AA

  1. #211
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,731

    Re: India promoted to AA

    I think by July India will be “just a guy”
    What would you say.....ya do here?


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #212
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,377

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think by July India will be “just a guy”
    I, hereby, Dislike this post.

    I don't want it to be true, but deep in my heart it feels true.
    Last edited by BillDoran; 02-06-2021 at 11:55 AM.

  4. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (02-06-2021)

  5. #213
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: India promoted to AA

    I’m optimistic that India will have a good year. He seems to be healthy and if he adds some power he’ll be pretty good. The talent is there. We’ll see if he can put it together..

  6. Likes:

    BillDoran (02-06-2021),Rojo Rijo (03-16-2021)

  7. #214
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,731

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    I’m optimistic that India will have a good year. He seems to be healthy and if he adds some power he’ll be pretty good. The talent is there. We’ll see if he can put it together..
    Is the talent there, though? He’s had exactly one elite season in his entire life.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  8. #215
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Is the talent there, though? He’s had exactly one elite season in his entire life.
    IMO, yes. You don’t do what he did in the SEC without some talent. Is he a star? Probably not but I’m not giving up on him after a slow start to his career especially when he’s been injured on and off.

  9. #216
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,841

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Thought this thread needed a bump....
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  10. #217
    Member Mitri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,707

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Fun read. I had almost forgotten that I was relatively supportive of India back then. I think it's fair to say that pretty much 99% of us had given up on him before this spring, though.

    The one thing I always kept in mind with India is his speed/defense at a premium position. The reports were always pretty high on his defense if you read between the lines, and I thought that alone (plus some power) was enough to give him a shot to stick in the bigs.

    To be fair to all of the bad takes in this thread, it feels like he's a completely revamped player than he was 2 years ago. Some have said that the year off would completely alter the paradigm for minor league players/systems, and India is at the forefront of this shift.

  11. #218
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,295

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Good Lord, I had forgotten about Kingspoint and his FLAMING HOT Madrigal takes which appear early in this thread.

  12. Likes:

    HammerTime (04-08-2021),Hillsdale87 (04-07-2021)

  13. #219
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Good Lord, I had forgotten about Kingspoint and his FLAMING HOT Madrigal takes which appear early in this thread.
    Nick Madrigal dominated 2020 to the tune of a 106 OPS in 29 games.

    He did hit .340, but his lack of pop brought his overall numbers down.

  14. #220
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    14,731

    Re: India promoted to AA

    I am so mad at myself for being one of the few India defenders early and then completely jumping ship the offseason before 2020. Just a little more patience and I wouldn’t be such a dummy.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  15. #221
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,859

    Re: India promoted to AA

    It was interesting hearing Krall detail India's progress in the booth. IIRC, he said India didn't look good at last year's spring training which kind of tracks with how down everyone was on him after 2019. But apparently he started really opening eyes in the alternate site during last season to the point where he might have been brought up if he wasn't injured. And then obviously he had a huge spring this year and here we are. So he really is someone who took a big leap forward in the sort of black box that was 2020 without a minor league season.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  16. Likes:

    BillDoran (04-07-2021),M2 (04-08-2021)

  17. #222
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16,295

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Nick Madrigal dominated 2020 to the tune of a 106 OPS in 29 games.

    He did hit .340, but his lack of pop brought his overall numbers down.
    Career .322 hitter, .716 OPS, with an OBP higher than his SLG.

    One of those, “I’m not even mad that’s amazing” things.

  18. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (04-07-2021),Tom Servo (04-07-2021)

  19. #223
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Career .322 hitter, .716 OPS, with an OBP higher than his SLG.

    One of those, “I’m not even mad that’s amazing” things.
    He's going to be a polarizing guy, I suspect.

    And a fun guy to watch.

  20. #224
    Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    762

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Interrrrresssttingggg.

    Also, we need to realize Senzel is not a CF I think. Not sure where he figures into the IF equation. 2B I suppose.
    Not a call out because I had some of the same thoughts on Senzel at the time, but has Senzel's play in CF changed your mind?

  21. #225
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    40,498

    Re: India promoted to AA

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It was interesting hearing Krall detail India's progress in the booth. IIRC, he said India didn't look good at last year's spring training which kind of tracks with how down everyone was on him after 2019. But apparently he started really opening eyes in the alternate site during last season to the point where he might have been brought up if he wasn't injured. And then obviously he had a huge spring this year and here we are. So he really is someone who took a big leap forward in the sort of black box that was 2020 without a minor league season.
    It's one of the wildest transformations I've ever seen.
    The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
    In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there

  22. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (04-10-2021),Tom Servo (04-08-2021)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator