Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: India promoted to AA

Re: India promoted to AA

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    That and when he gets to Cincinnati a pop up goes out to right.
    Exactly. He needs to emulate Puig and Senzel, who will readily smack a ball to right center.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Will be interesting to see India and Trammell facing the same pitchers for the rest of the season. I still like Trammell as the better prospect, but hopefully it’s time for him to turn it around.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Will be interesting to see India and Trammell facing the same pitchers for the rest of the season. I still like Trammell as the better prospect, but hopefully it’s time for him to turn it around.
    I've been super disappointed in Trammell. He was down to .230 before a 2 game spurt brought him back to .240. Hopefully that's the start of a turnaround.

BTW, India went 1-3 (single) and a walk in first game.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I've been super disappointed in Trammell. He was down to .230 before a 2 game spurt brought him back to .240. Hopefully that's the start of a turnaround.

BTW, India went 1-3 (single) and a walk in first game.
    Starting with his two hit, no K game on 7/2, Trammell has a 15.4% K rate and a .175 ISO. The .244 BABIP is weighing down the BA (.228), but he is improving on the two things that are really holding him back the most.

Sometimes it's just luck.

One pick higher and we'd have had Madrigal. Only 5 K's last year. Only 5 K's in AA this year in the same tough-to-get-a-hit league that Chattanooga is in. He's hitting .373 with 13 SB's, a .433 OBP over 150+ PA's, and he plays good Defense. He needs another promotion. Nothing against India, but if not for one draft spot, Cincinnati would have this future perennial All-Star starting for them and leading off next season. Madrigal is making mincemeat of Southern League pitching.

Naturally, he scored the only run (on a sharp linedrive single off of India's glove at 3rd to Leftfielder Taylor Trammel) against Scott Moss in a 1-0 Chattanooga Loss Tuesday Night.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-24-2019 at 02:33 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

7. Likes:

Alabama (07-24-2019),NC Reds (07-24-2019),REDREAD (09-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

One pick higher and we'd have had Madrigal. Only 5 K's last year. Only 5 K's in AA this year in the same tough-to-get-a-hit league that Chattanooga is in. He's hitting .373 with 13 SB's, a .433 OBP over 150+ PA's, and he plays good Defense. He needs another promotion. Nothing against India, but if not for one draft spot, Cincinnati would have this future perennial All-Star starting for them and leading off next season. Madrigal is making mincemeat of Southern League pitching.

Naturally, he scored the only run (on a sharp linedrive single off of India's glove at 3rd to Leftfielder Taylor Trammel) against Scott Moss in a 1-0 Chattanooga Loss Tuesday Night.
    I freaking love Madrigal. Unreal contact skills

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

Madrigal is also a flea that hits for no power.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He's having a pretty good season.

I wanted Madrigal but he wasn't available for the Reds to draft, no real use in wondering what could have been.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

11. Likes:

ochoa30 (07-24-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He's having a pretty good season.

I wanted Madrigal but he wasn't available for the Reds to draft, no real use in wondering what could have been.
    I know he is, I just think saying “perennial MLB all star” right now is pretty silly.

13. Likes:

fondfoat (08-04-2019),ochoa30 (07-24-2019)

I know he is, I just think saying “perennial MLB all star” right now is pretty silly.
    oh I missed that line, yeah that's a too much
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Not everybody has to hit for power. Every team needs a guy to set the table. A 381 OBP with 30 steals makes up for not mashing extra base hits regularly. He’s also slugging 423 which is more than India and almost 100 points more than Trammel. Both without the steals and gaudy BB to K #s. Would hate to hear what you think about them.

I like Madgaril a lot but in todays OPS driven game his .805 is very underwhelming for a player who makes as much contact as he does. Not to mention he plays one of the least valuable defensive positions. I still think he's got a high floor, one of the highest in the minor leagues but unless he can develop some power I don't think he'll turn into a true star. Maybe he's the next Merrifield, maybe he's not. Maybe he'll show some power once he gets to those juiced balls in AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Not everybody has to hit for power. Every team needs a guy to set the table. A 381 OBP with 30 steals makes up for not mashing extra base hits regularly. He’s also slugging 423 which is more than India and almost 100 points more than Trammel. Both without the steals and gaudy BB to K #s. Would hate to hear what you think about them.
    I certainly wouldn’t call TT and India locks to be perennial mlb all stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I like Madgaril a lot but in todays OPS driven game his .805 is very underwhelming for a player who makes as much contact as he does. Not to mention he plays one of the least valuable defensive positions. I still think he's got a high floor, one of the highest in the minor leagues but unless he can develop some power I don't think he'll turn into a true star. Maybe he's the next Merrifield, maybe he's not. Maybe he'll show some power once he gets to those juiced balls in AAA.
    #s are not everything. For a guy like Madrigal, the most important stat will be OBP. He won’t be asked to slug at the top of the order, plus he can swipe a bag when needed to get in scoring position.
    And to RedTeamGo, I’m not the one who called Madrigal a perennial all star. So in that context I guess I agree with you. Although he certainly could be from the 2b position

India is 3 for 4 tonight, now 5 for 10 in his 1st 3 games in AA, only downer all 5 hits are singles. But nice to see him getting hits moving up a level

20. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-25-2019),mth123 (07-24-2019),RedTeamGo! (07-25-2019)

Turn Off Ads?