Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: India promoted to AA

Re: India promoted to AA

Quote Originally Posted by indy_dave00 View Post
    India is 3 for 4 tonight, now 5 for 10 in his 1st 3 games in AA, only downer all 5 hits are singles. But nice to see him getting hits moving up a level
    Freaking flea

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Freaking flea
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-26-2019),Alabama (07-24-2019),Edd Roush (07-25-2019),mth123 (07-25-2019),Old school 1983 (07-25-2019),RedTeamGo! (07-25-2019),TRF (07-25-2019)

I just looked up the MLB numbers to see the number of guys with a .380 or greater OBP and on pace to steal 30 bases.

1 guy, Yelich. He's also hit a few HR's. Acuna is on the cusp. He can get the SB's, but he's a bit behind in the OBP department. He's also hit a few HR's.

Aaaand that's it.

Last year three guys did it, two with massive HR numbers and Lorenzo Cain with a modest 10 HR's.

The .380 OBP, no power, 30 SB guy? doesn't exist. Madrigal is having a terrific season, especially at AA. He's not a lock to be anything any more than India is at this point.

BTW in 2018 Madrigal's OBP was 50 points higher than his BA, in 2019 it is 68 points higher. In 2018, India's OBP was 140 points higher than his BA and in 2019 it is 91 points higher.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

6. Likes:

Tuff Nut (07-25-2019)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

1 K through 13 AA PAs for India. Like that start.

It's easy to see that Madrigal will be a perennial all-star, at least seven times in his career.

He's a very special player with only stardom in his present and future. The White Sox know what they have even if prejudiced REDS' fans don't.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's easy to see that Madrigal will be a perennial all-star, at least seven times in his career.

He's a very special player with only stardom in his present and future. The White Sox know what they have even if prejudiced REDS' fans don't.
    Haha you are pulling the bias card here? You’re a big Oregon st fan.

Do you realize only 168 players in baseball history have gone to at least 7 all star games?

Because of Madrigal’s numbers in the low minors and your totally non biased opinion of an Oregon St player as an Oregon St fan you are stating Madrigal is going to be one of the best players in baseball history.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 07-26-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I just looked up the MLB numbers to see the number of guys with a .380 or greater OBP and on pace to steal 30 bases.

1 guy, Yelich. He's also hit a few HR's. Acuna is on the cusp. He can get the SB's, but he's a bit behind in the OBP department. He's also hit a few HR's.

Aaaand that's it.

Last year three guys did it, two with massive HR numbers and Lorenzo Cain with a modest 10 HR's.

The .380 OBP, no power, 30 SB guy? doesn't exist. Madrigal is having a terrific season, especially at AA. He's not a lock to be anything any more than India is at this point.

BTW in 2018 Madrigal's OBP was 50 points higher than his BA, in 2019 it is 68 points higher. In 2018, India's OBP was 140 points higher than his BA and in 2019 it is 91 points higher.
    What a weird post? None of this makes any sense. None of it applies to current performance or future performance.

He's shown each of the past four years that's his Major League career will far surpass India's. Their ceilings and floors are on different planets, Madrigal's being far superior to India's.

Madrigal is a once-in-a-generation player with his ability to get on base, advance further on the basepaths due to speed and intelligence, hit for power when the situation calls for it, play exceptional Defense at an up-the-middle position, draw a pitcher's pitch-count up with lengthy and patient plate appearances, do whatever the situation calls for, and do everything in a clutch and timely manner. India posesses none of these abilities. None.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Haha you are pulling the bias card here? You’re a big Oregon st fan.

Do you realize only 168 players in baseball history have gone to at least 7 all star games?

Because of Madrigal’s numbers in the low minors and your totally non biased opinion of an Oregon St player as an Oregon St fan you are stating Madrigal is going to be one of the best players in baseball history.
    I'm probably the only one on this website that's seen him enough to have an intelligent opinion about him, based on the other posts I've read.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

“Hit for power when the situation calls for it” is nonsense. That’s something you say when a dude can’t hit for power and has never shown he can.

12. Likes:

RiverfrontRed (07-27-2019),TRF (07-29-2019)

What a weird post? None of this makes any sense. None of it applies to current performance or future performance.

He's shown each of the past four years that's his Major League career will far surpass India's. Their ceilings and floors are on different planets, Madrigal's being far superior to India's.

Madrigal is a once-in-a-generation player with his ability to get on base, advance further on the basepaths due to speed and intelligence, hit for power when the situation calls for it, play exceptional Defense at an up-the-middle position, draw a pitcher's pitch-count up with lengthy and patient plate appearances, do whatever the situation calls for, and do everything in a clutch and timely manner. India posesses none of these abilities. None.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm probably the only one on this website that's seen him enough to have an intelligent opinion about him, based on the other posts I've read.
    And you didn’t form a totally biased opinion of him at all.

Did you know India has a higher career OPS across all levels (minors and college) than Madrigal?

I want to be perfectly clear I am not saying I think India will have a better career. I am simply saying making the kinda of statements you are making about Madrigal right now is pretty out there.

I’ve noticed you are completely ignoring Madrigal’s A+ stats from this year. .723 OPS.

Madrigal is a once-in-a-generation player with his ability to get on base, advance further on the basepaths due to speed and intelligence, hit for power when the situation calls for it, play exceptional Defense at an up-the-middle position, draw a pitcher's pitch-count up with lengthy and patient plate appearances, do whatever the situation calls for, and do everything in a clutch and timely manner.
    I'd have taken Madrigal over India, but let's jam the brakes here. You're claiming a kid with a .309/.370/.399 slash line in pro ball is a "once-in-a-generation player." In 129 MiLB games he's got 34 XBHs and he's 38-54 on SB attempts. Solid player, but hardly the second coming of anything. Also, and I feel like this can't be stressed enough, he was drafted BEFORE India. So what does it matter if he's better? The Reds never had a shot at drafting him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

Benihana (07-26-2019),Edd Roush (07-26-2019),fondfoat (08-04-2019),HammerTime (07-27-2019),kaldaniels (07-26-2019),membengal (07-26-2019),RedTeamGo! (07-26-2019),Tom Servo (07-26-2019),TRF (07-29-2019)

I’ve never seen a prediction like “he’ll easily make at least 7 ASG” for a prospect.

17. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    “Hit for power when the situation calls for it” is nonsense. That’s something you say when a dude can’t hit for power and has never shown he can.
    If you could just "will" to hit for power...you would hit for power 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    If you could just "will" to hit for power...you would hit for power 100% of the time.
    Unless I needed a triple for the cycle, however Mad Madrigals base running prowess is so good it would end up and inside the park HR.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Madrigal is also going to win a few Gold Gloves. He's that good. That's also something that's not in India's future. There's a chasm of a difference between the two, but just pure luck by one draft slot sent a future gold glove, batting king, perennial all-star to the White Sox while the REDS were left to choose the best from the rest. Hopefully, India earns a starting job with the REDS that's worthy of a #5 pick.

a future gold glove, batting king, perennial all-star to the White Sox
    okay
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?