Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: India promoted to AA

Re: India promoted to AA

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I know TT is gone, but how about keeping your powder dry on India.

You never want to come off as desparate.
    Too late
    Crazy Reds Fan

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jonathan India has not hit a home run since June 07th, a span of 183 plate appearances and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Beginning to question India’s hit tool

I’ve been questioning why you’re here on a Reds board talking about a team you loathe.

I mean why couldn’t this SAE of an organization find some way to be creative and draft Madrigal before the team that drafted before then did?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Jonathan India has not hit a home run since June 07th, a span of 183 plate appearances and counting.
    That ain't good.

6. Likes:

DocRed (08-05-2019),M2 (08-04-2019)

It’s fair to start wondering about India. He hasn’t really impressed anywhere so far in his 150 game professional career, and his current (albeit SSS) stint in AA is his worst performance yet.
    Go BLUE!!!

8. Likes:

DocRed (08-05-2019),RiverRat13 (08-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    It’s fair to start wondering about India. He hasn’t really impressed anywhere so far in his 150 game professional career, and his current (albeit SSS) stint in AA is his worst performance yet.
    Just to be clear: we are talking about 57 plate appearances at AA, 57 plate appearances where he has gotten on base 40.4% of the time (.404).
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

BillDoran (08-05-2019),Edd Roush (08-06-2019),HammerTime (08-05-2019),Hillsdale87 (08-04-2019),Spanky (08-05-2019)

12 W in 57 PAs. I know we'd all like to see him driving the ball all over the field, just like AA was no step at all. But 12 W's in 57 PA is better than 20%. (or 5 Perazas if you want to think about it that way) Give him time. He's on a different developmental curve than Nick Senzel, to whom he can't help but be compared. But it doesn't worry me one whit.

But let’s be honest here, he hasn’t been driving balls all over the field anywhere so far. It’s been a pretty underwhelming first 150 games for a college bat that was supposed to be advanced (and drafted in the top 10 as a corner bat as a result). It’s not just compared to Nick Senzel, India has been underwhelming for any college corner bat taken in the top 10. He hasn’t really hit all that well at any of his stops thus far.

People turned on Taylor Trammell so quickly, well even during his so-called disastrous season, Trammell was hitting BETTER than India has in AA while being a year younger, and really hit better than him at every minor league stop so far, as a younger player with a LOT more speed.
    Go BLUE!!!

13. Likes:

DocRed (08-05-2019)

But let’s be honest here, he hasn’t been driving balls all over the field anywhere so far. It’s been a pretty underwhelming first 150 games for a college bat that was supposed to be advanced (and drafted in the top 10 as a corner bat as a result). It’s not just compared to Nick Senzel, India has been underwhelming for any college corner bat taken in the top 10. He hasn’t really hit all that well at any of his stops thus far.

People turned on Taylor Trammell so quickly, well even during his so-called disastrous season, Trammell was hitting BETTER than India has in AA while being a year younger, and really hit better than him at every minor league stop so far, as a younger player with a LOT more speed.
    You are comparing 377 plate appearances to 57

To be frank, yeah, India’s stats are very concerning. The reds farm is in shambles. It was before they traded TT as well. It’s a real bummer. I’m going to give India another 100-150 PA’s at AA before really raking him over the coals, though.

Personally, I don’t really care about A+ and below. I see AA as the real test. TT failed the test. India might be, but he hasn’t yet.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 08-04-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Beni, I'm with you on TT, whom I've always considered a better prospect than India. I hated to see him go, though I think what the market tells us is that one year of a starter who pretty much guarantees a year of relevance will cost a very promising but still very young prospect. I just think it's way too early to be worried about India, and I think the K and W ratios are not to be overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You are comparing 377 plate appearances to 57

To be frank, yeah, India’s stats are very concerning. The reds farm is in shambles. It was before they traded TT as well. It’s a real bummer. I’m going to give India another 100-150 PA’s at AA before really raking him over the coals, though.

Personally, I don’t really care about A+ and below. I see AA as the real test. TT failed the test. India might be, but he hasn’t yet.
    Start prepping the coals in about 75 PA, it takes awhile for them to get nice and hot.

I mean the guy was No. 8 in the FSL in OPS at the time of his promotion. Yes he hasn't performed like Trevor Larnach who is at comparable levels at a comparable age and was in the same draft, but to suggest a guy hasn't been hitting when he was top 10 in a league in OPS, simply doesn't make sense.

18. Likes:

BillDoran (08-05-2019),Edd Roush (08-06-2019),HammerTime (08-05-2019),HokieRed (08-05-2019),marcshoe (08-05-2019),RedTeamGo! (08-05-2019),TRF (08-05-2019)

nm

As far as I know, India never displayed any signs of power except his final season in college. I mean there was no real ramp up as an undergraduate or in the Cape Cod League....then out of nowhere, he hits over 20 HR's, his average climbs about .050 and his slugging jumps nearly .300 in that one 4 month stretch as a Junior @ Florida. I was always skeptical of the pick, but continue to hope the skepticism was unwarranted.

India snaps his home run drought with a solo shot in the 6th. Nice.

22. Likes:

adkindo (08-05-2019),cumberlandreds (08-06-2019),Edd Roush (08-06-2019),HammerTime (08-05-2019),HokieRed (08-06-2019),kaldaniels (08-05-2019),RedTeamGo! (08-05-2019),RiverRat13 (08-05-2019)

Turn Off Ads?