Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Son of an Evil Nazi who benefitted from his father's atrocities dies...

Son of an Evil Nazi who benefitted from his father's atrocities dies...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_von_Bismarck

Otto Christian Archibald von Bismarck joined the diplomatic service in 1927, serving in Stockholm (1927–28), London (1928–37), joined the Nazi Party in 1933 during his stint in London, with the Foreign Ministry in Berlin (1937–40), as Envoy to Rome (Kingdom of Italy) (1940–43), and finally as head of the Italian section of the Foreign Ministry (1943–44). In August 1942, Bismarck was directed to request that Italy turn over Jewish refugees in Italian-occupied Croatiafor deportation to the East. He disclosed to the Italian Foreign Minister Count Cianothat the goal was the "dispersion and elimination" of these Jews.

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Son of an Evil Nazi who benefitted from his father's atrocities dies...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_von_Bismarck

Otto Christian Archibald von Bismarck joined the diplomatic service in 1927, serving in Stockholm (1927–28), London (1928–37), joined the Nazi Party in 1933 during his stint in London, with the Foreign Ministry in Berlin (1937–40), as Envoy to Rome (Kingdom of Italy) (1940–43), and finally as head of the Italian section of the Foreign Ministry (1943–44). In August 1942, Bismarck was directed to request that Italy turn over Jewish refugees in Italian-occupied Croatiafor deportation to the East. He disclosed to the Italian Foreign Minister Count Cianothat the goal was the "dispersion and elimination" of these Jews.
    That is such an oddly named title. I mean, there were millions of little kids who's parents were Nazis, and they all benefitted from it in some way because it's hard for a five year old kid to start a revolution and overthrow Hitler. Heck, I met Eichmann and Rommel's sons too, both of which benefitted from their dad's positions, but I didn't resent them. They were actually very cool guys. But yes, Nazis are very bad, and I have no idea how this particular guy lived his life.

4. Likes:

REDREAD (10-10-2019),RedsBaron (07-26-2019)

The father apparently was vile, evil and pretty much anything else terrible one can think of, but I don't hold that against the son, who was about age 3 when Hitler came to power and in his early teens when the Third Reich thankfully expired. We all have enough flaws and sins in our own lives without having to answer for those of our ancestors.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

6. Likes:

REDREAD (10-10-2019),Sea Ray (07-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    That is such an oddly named title. I mean, there were millions of little kids who's parents were Nazis, and they all benefitted from it in some way because it's hard for a five year old kid to start a revolution and overthrow Hitler. Heck, I met Eichmann and Rommel's sons too, both of which benefitted from their dad's positions, but I didn't resent them. They were actually very cool guys. But yes, Nazis are very bad, and I have no idea how this particular guy lived his life.
    Because what you mention has nothing to do with the other. Rommel wasn't a Nazi in belief and character. He was an Officer doing his duty. He wasn't evil. He had respect for all people's races. He saw people as they were, not through their ancestry. His son didn't profit from his Father's profits via the Nazi ideals and the genocide of many.

Eichmann is another story...as evil as they come, and if the Son of Eichmann profited from the atrocities of his Father, then he should give it back as should the family and Managers from Channel and BMW. I don't know if the son of Eichmann was able to rid himself of the company of fellow Nazi believers or if he allowed them to heap praise upon him without calling them out for the evilness that's in them (which I doubt if he did...at least for the first 30 years after WWII.), but if he did, then props to him for being one of the few who did.

Germany failed miserably to rid itself of Nazi idealism, which was almost impossible after the only teachers left at the Universities after Hitler had exterminated or drove those away who didn't goosestep in line with Nazi idealism. It was so ingrained throughout that Universities were still giving Honorary medals and awards to highly influential Nazis from WWII. Those who had money in Germany (and other places who still had emotional ties to Germany) held silently strong together in order to not lose the attitude of anti-semitism. So secret was it that it wasn't until just a couple of years ago that the atrocities of the family of BMW were revealed in a documentary. Nazi idealism is alive and well in Germany and the rest of Europe. Anti-semitism is at its worse in the last 40 years. Naziism is coming out of the closet and THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    The father apparently was vile, evil and pretty much anything else terrible one can think of, but I don't hold that against the son, who was about age 3 when Hitler came to power and in his early teens when the Third Reich thankfully expired. We all have enough flaws and sins in our own lives without having to answer for those of our ancestors.
    Unless you profited by them and allowed others to praise you for your name without having the cahones or willingness to call them out on their evilness and sick attitudes. Being silent while receiving praise for your father's name is just as evil as what your father did. You tolerate and escalate the hatred.

Because what you mention has nothing to do with the other. Rommel wasn't a Nazi in belief and character. He was an Officer doing his duty. He wasn't evil. He had respect for all people's races. He saw people as they were, not through their ancestry. His son didn't profit from his Father's profits via the Nazi ideals and the genocide of many.
    Nah the "Clean Wehrmacht" myth is just that, a myth. It was a war of genocide, carried out by German soldiers with evil intentions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rommel_myth
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Eichmann is another story...as evil as they come, and if the Son of Eichmann profited from the atrocities of his Father, then he should give it back as should the family and Managers from Channel and BMW. I don't know if the son of Eichmann was able to rid himself of the company of fellow Nazi believers or if he allowed them to heap praise upon him without calling them out for the evilness that's in them (which I doubt if he did...at least for the first 30 years after WWII.), but if he did, then props to him for being one of the few who did.

Germany failed miserably to rid itself of Nazi idealism, which was almost impossible after the only teachers left at the Universities after Hitler had exterminated or drove those away who didn't goosestep in line with Nazi idealism. It was so ingrained throughout that Universities were still giving Honorary medals and awards to highly influential Nazis from WWII. Those who had money in Germany (and other places who still had emotional ties to Germany) held silently strong together in order to not lose the attitude of anti-semitism. So secret was it that it wasn't until just a couple of years ago that the atrocities of the family of BMW were revealed in a documentary. Nazi idealism is alive and well in Germany and the rest of Europe. Anti-semitism is at its worse in the last 40 years. Naziism is coming out of the closet and THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!
    Holy.....

Dude, step away from the computer and read a book for a change. You didn't even bother to read up on Ricardo Eichmann. Most people are well aware of the relationship of wartime Nazis with postwar Nazis and the rebuilding of postwar Europe. But you are absolutely crazy to suggest that German universities were a haven of Nazi idealism. It couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Nah the "Clean Wehrmacht" myth is just that, a myth. It was a war of genocide, carried out by German soldiers with evil intentions.

You are a child. Let the grownups talk this time. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You are a child. Let the grownups talk this time. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Sorry for my controversial "Nazi Germany was attempting genocide" take.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

Redsfaithful (07-30-2019),Rojo (08-16-2019),Wonderful Monds (07-30-2019)

Unless you profited by them and allowed others to praise you for your name without having the cahones or willingness to call them out on their evilness and sick attitudes. Being silent while receiving praise for your father's name is just as evil as what your father did. You tolerate and escalate the hatred.
    While being silent certainly can be wrong, saying that it is "just as evil" is an overstatement. Someone who fails to condemn a murderer should be criticized, but the one who commits the murder is more evil.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

As the attached article indicates, Rommel is at best an ambigious character. There is a lot of evidence that he at least tacitly supported Hitler so long as the Third Reich was winning the war, and only turned against Hitler when he concluded Germany had lost.

Holy.....

Dude, step away from the computer and read a book for a change. You didn't even bother to read up on Ricardo Eichmann. Most people are well aware of the relationship of wartime Nazis with postwar Nazis and the rebuilding of postwar Europe. But you are absolutely crazy to suggest that German universities were a haven of Nazi idealism. It couldn't be further from the truth.
    I said I don't know anything about the children of Eichmann. But, I'm 100% right about the Universities' social elite being strong Nazi sympathizers. How else can you explain them giving awards to high-ranking Nazi's decades after the war? For that kind of support to last for multiple decades where they were so confident that their praise would receive public applause, it had to be rooted extremely deep throughout the highest education system (high schools are called universities, so I didn't want to use that term). How else could it be? As I mentioned before, anyone left teaching after 1937 who did not goosestep to Nazi idealism was either murdered, imprisoned, sent to a workcamp (like the BMW factory) or concentration camp, or if they were lucky, escaped.

What was left after the war was an educational system where Nazi idealism was strong. The war ended. The teacher's minds weren't replaced.

As far as my research goes, as an ex-journalist in the military, and a professional researcher my entire life, my sources are always first-hand (not from "books" or work by other writers, as most are poor at research themselves, falling into the line of lazy researching where they use sources that they don't double-check, such as poor and lazy writers like Steven Ambrose and David McCullough, two writers who are publisher-driven factory names where accuracy takes a back seat to quantity). If I can't find verifiable hand-written letters from the person I'm studying, I don't consider the information to be accurate, and then context has to be understood which takes an immense amount of research itself of place and time and events and social and religious mores of the area. When I find another writer who is as thorough in their research as a responsible writer should be, I can place stock in their opinions up until I find them changing their research methods, as it happens to many once they find success.

So, when I speak of Rommel, Eichmann (the fathers), von Bismarck, Chanel, Steele, Quandt, or any of the other famous and infamous Families tied to Germany from 1933 to the present, I am referring to research that comes from the Nuremburg trials, Germany's WWII papers that were locked away in Holland for 50 years after the war, correspondance (I took German in HS for four years and in College), and other original documents that have signatures of prominent people who would rather not have it known what they signed off on.

Like I said, I haven't researched what Eichmann's Son did, how he behaved over each of the decades (I imagine it wasn't consistent, which I suggested earlier), what motivated his behaviors, what atonements he made if he profited from his father's atrocities, but, I look forward to learning about him and what his children are like.

It's those without the famous names, the teachers and factory owners after the war, who were easily able to hide publicly their Nazi idealism while privately sharing sentiments during an afternoon, evening or weekend gathering, or simply around the family dinner table.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-31-2019 at 02:54 AM.

Btw, BC, I find you to be credible as a source, so if you say that the sons of Eichmann and Rommel were good people when you met them, I take that as truth until I find a better first-hand source that says otherwise. I have no other first-hand source on them having never researched or ran across information on either of them. I so take your understanding of the higher education system' post-war Nazi idealism attitudes as strong reason enough for me to continue my research. I never mentioned the other side of the coin where newer teachers entered the higher education system and the entire education system and over decades worked towards undoing first privately and then publicly Nazi idealism that would always have a beating heart throughout the system. It still beats today. It beats in the U.S., which makes no sense. For that heartbeat to continue it has to be alive deep where there is influential power both here and in Germany (and I'm not talking about Trump...he's not an issue on this subject).

Btw, BC, I find you to be credible as a source, so if you say that the sons of Eichmann and Rommel were good people when you met them, I take that as truth until I find a better first-hand source that says otherwise. I have no other first-hand source on them having never researched or ran across information on either of them. I so take your understanding of the higher education system' post-war Nazi idealism attitudes as strong reason enough for me to continue my research. I never mentioned the other side of the coin where newer teachers entered the higher education system and the entire education system and over decades worked towards undoing first privately and then publicly Nazi idealism that would always have a beating heart throughout the system. It still beats today. It beats in the U.S., which makes no sense. For that heartbeat to continue it has to be alive deep where there is influential power both here and in Germany (and I'm not talking about Trump...he's not an issue on this subject).
    I’ll write more later, but I wanted to make one clarification. Regarding Eichmann, I’m only speaking about his son Ricardo. The other sons were hopelessly brainwashed Nazis, probably because they were dragged to Argentina where they were able to continue their ideology unimpeded. Ricardo was younger, and fully disowned his father is soon as he understood what was going on. He eventually became a professor of Middle Eastern archaeology, and taught at a university in Tuebingen. He even once had a face-to-face meeting with the Israeli agent who kidnapped his father.

Manfred Rommel Jr was an awesome guy. You can read up on yourself when you get a few minutes, but you would be hard-pressed to find anybody to say something negative about him. And one really strange coincidence happened regarding him. He was the mayor of Stuttgart, and the 7th Corps headquarters was also there, and during the 70s the base commander was George Patton Jr. They became close friends. I met George a couple of times, and he was just like how his father supposedly was.

20. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-05-2019),Kingspoint (08-04-2019)

Speaking of crazy Nazi kids. The unrepentant daughter of the leader of those fun loving SS brigades was a real fun gal.
    She recently passed away and her father was a great man and very caring. All lies and fake news.

Turn Off Ads?