Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Stephenson note and question

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Tyler Stephenson note and question

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Because Moss probably ends up a fringe bullpen arm, and despite a nice showing in the AA championship series, Trammell was pretty awful.

Bauer was bad as a Red this year, no question, but he has a history that says that's an aberration. He's typically a #2-#1 SP. And now the Reds have three of those.
    He is absolutely not “typically” a 1-2 starter, outside of 2018 he’s mostly been a 3 at best, more often a solidly #4 type starter.

2. Likes:

DocRed (10-23-2019),HokieRed (10-22-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

"AFL preparing Stephenson for leap to Triple-A"

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/tyler-...on-rise-in-afl

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-24-2019),RED VAN HOT (10-24-2019),REDREAD (10-28-2019)

Tyler Stephenson wins Dernell Stenson AFL sportsmanship award.

https://www.mlb.com/news/tyler-steph...smanship-award

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-28-2019),DocRed (10-28-2019),NC Reds (10-28-2019),REDREAD (10-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Tyler Stephenson wins Dernell Stenson AFL sportsmanship award.

https://www.mlb.com/news/tyler-steph...smanship-award
    Sounds good.

Though I can hear stuff like “why did we trade Dernell Stenson AFL sportsmanship award winner Tyler Stephenson” remarks coming if he were to be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Nice contribution, thanks.
    Sea Ray's post was much bigger contribution than your usual petty post (see above).

I agree with him, I hope Tyler Stephenson is not traded for a one year rental.
    The Reds have backed themselves against the wall when they picked up Bauer.
    They are going to be under a lot of pressure to at least be over 500 this year, if not legitimately in the wild card race. That means every prospect we have is in danger of being traded for "instant gratification".. Other clubs know how desperate the Reds are to win now.. If the Reds don't win in 2020, it's going be a lot harder in 2021, as Bauer and Disco are pending FA that will be difficult to replace.

Hopefully, if Tyler Stephenson is traded, it is for long term help.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

10. Likes:

DocRed (10-28-2019),HokieRed (10-28-2019),Sea Ray (10-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Puig was worth little to nothing IMHO.

He was like a 0.5 WAR player at the time of the trade.
    Disagree. I am not saying Puig is worth a king's ransom, but WAR does not determine trade value. Puig was a great fit for Cleveland.

For what it's worth, if you add Bauer's CLE and Cincy WAR, it ends up being only 1.4 WAR, but of course he has more trade value than a typical guy coming off a 1.4 WAR season.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Sea Ray's post was much bigger contribution than your usual petty post (see above).
    don’t the two of you have a Tanner Rainey fan convention to attend?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

don’t the two of you have a Tanner Rainey fan convention to attend?
    Don't know what you are talking about, I was not a Rainey defender.
    As usual, you are adding no value to the discussion.

Don't know what you are talking about, I was not a Rainey defender.
    As usual, you are adding no value to the discussion.

I’ve contributed way more to discussion about Tyler Stephenson than you two goofs ever have. Buzz off.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

15. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-29-2019)

Posting Tanner Rainey stuff in this thread is just noise and contributes nothing. It'd be like me posting Commie stuff you've posted in other threads. Have anything to add on Tyler Stephenson?

17. Likes:

REDREAD (10-30-2019)

I’ve contributed way more to discussion about Tyler Stephenson than you two goofs ever have. Buzz off.
    Dude, there's a huge difference between giving someone a "like" and arguing for 10 pages like you do.. I can "like" posts whether I agree or disagree. This is a prime example of you trolling.. you desperately want to be right all the time, but in this case you are not.
    I guess you found the many posts where I basically said I liked both the Roark trades, and sure , maybe Rainey ultimately puts it together, but I still liked the trade? Oh yea, you didn't quote that, because that does not support your opinion, and you are "always right"

Dude, you contribute more noise than than any non-banned poster on this forum.. How about trying to contribute instead of trying to be the forum "know it all" or "Mr Popluar" or whatever your agenda is..

19. Likes:

DocRed (10-30-2019),Sea Ray (10-30-2019)

Dude, there's a huge difference between giving someone a "like" and arguing for 10 pages like you do.. I can "like" posts whether I agree or disagree. This is a prime example of you trolling.. you desperately want to be right all the time, but in this case you are not.
    I guess you found the many posts where I basically said I liked both the Roark trades, and sure , maybe Rainey ultimately puts it together, but I still liked the trade? Oh yea, you didn't quote that, because that does not support your opinion, and you are "always right"

Dude, you contribute more noise than than any non-banned poster on this forum.. How about trying to contribute instead of trying to be the forum "know it all" or "Mr Popluar" or whatever your agenda is..
    You're the clown who trolls me, I have you on ignore and generally try to stick to that but you constantly do what you did in this thread which is reply to a post of mine, weeks later for some reason (apparently you're a slow reader), to bash me. It's embarrassing for me to have to respond to this crap and waste time on it but I won't let it go unremarked upon either.

Everyone who spends time on the minor league forum knows what I contribute to it, including earlier in this thread. You and your small cadre of terrible posters (who I also already have on ignore) can go to hell.

21. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (10-30-2019),PuffyPig (11-08-2019)

You're the clown who trolls me, I have you on ignore and generally try to stick to that but you constantly do what you did in this thread which is reply to a post of mine, weeks later for some reason (apparently you're a slow reader), to bash me. It's embarrassing for me to have to respond to this crap and waste time on it but I won't let it go unremarked upon either.

Everyone who spends time on the minor league forum knows what I contribute to it, including earlier in this thread. You and your small cadre of terrible posters (who I also already have on ignore) can go to hell.
    You got anything to say about Tyler Stephenson?

23. Likes:

REDREAD (10-30-2019)

You realize this is a message forum, and supposed to be fun, right?
    I am not getting paid to read and respond to posts in a timely manner, just to make you happy?
    You have a serious attitude problem, and I find it hard to believe that you have anyone on ignore, because you pounce on any opportunity to mock certain people. How about instead of trying to police people like me on this forum, you just police yourself and cut down on the smart ass replies.. And how funny it is, even in this last post, you are still trying to convince the board that you are some kind of relative minor league expert that makes great contributions to this board..

Who initiated this whole argument in first place? You did Tom.. You are the troll.
    I wish you really would ignore people that you don't like. The quality of the board would go up tremendously. But you will never do it, you need to attempt to cut down people here to boost your self esteem.

You guys need to handle whatever the issue is privately and not spend any more time bickering back in forth in the forum (in this thread or elsewhere). If ignoring each other is what's needed, then that's fine, but we're not going to continue with the personal stuff in the recent posts.

26. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-30-2019),CySeymour (10-30-2019),DocRed (10-30-2019),Edd Roush (10-30-2019),mth123 (10-30-2019),North (11-01-2019),ochoa30 (11-04-2019),Powel Crosley (10-30-2019),REDREAD (10-30-2019),WrongVerb (10-30-2019)

Turn Off Ads?