Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Oakland Raiders

Re: 2019 Oakland Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Reminds me of Chris Henry.

As for Brown, there is no denying the personality change pre and post Burfict hit.
    This very well may be the case, but he has always been crazy. The crazy really shined through after he signed his first big contract extension. People stop caring once they get paid. Brown has always been a first class ahole.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Interesting tidbit... When Raiders cut Keelan Doss they offered him a practice squad job. Instead he took a practice squad job with Jaguars. With AB released today, Raiders tried to put him back on the 53. The Jaguars said they could not put him on the 53 but gave him a full rookie salary. He stayed with Jags. I don't know that I've ever heard of someone turning down the 53 man gig to stay on practice squad.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Since the Bengals are going to be bad and will take 2 L’s to the Ravens either way, I’m rooting for AB to Baltimore. The two Steelers-Ravens games would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I applaud Mike Mayock in all of this, cracker and all. AB in Oakland ain't lookin' too good. The thing here is, how many NFL teams are going to be willing to put up with him? I'm thinking that list has to be dwindling and dwindling fast
    lol this aged well

The Raiders got played here. What a stupid organization.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Honestly don’t think I’m even gonna bother watching the NFL this season, you might as well give the Patriots the Super Bowl right now.

When I heard he got cut, the Patriots were the first team I thought of.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    lol this aged well

The Raiders got played here. What a stupid organization.
    The Raiders got screwed and the Steelers come out of it laughing their asses off. As for NE, I am amazed that they gave him that much guaranteed money. That really does surprise me. I hope it blows up on them

9. Likes:

Redsfaithful (09-08-2019),Revering4Blue (09-08-2019)

The Raiders got screwed and the Steelers come out of it laughing their asses off. As for NE, I am amazed that they gave him that much guaranteed money. That really does surprise me. I hope it blows up on them
    The only way he agreed to go to Oakland was with that much guaranteed...remember he was all but on his way to Buffalo when he told their front office he would not report.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I am shocked that he got that much guaranteed. The only way I'd have given him that much is if I KNEW the AB of the past few months was an act. Of course that would point to some sort of complicity, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

AB wanted to go to the Patriots when he forced his exit from the Steelers. I know the Patriots tried to trade for him. Patriots held onto 11 million cap space and weren't that aggressive filling their wide receiver hole even when Gordon's status was unclear. It's all just too coincidental for me.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    The only way I'd have given him that much is if I KNEW the AB of the past few months was an act.
    Hard to tell on the last few months, but the last couple of weeks has already been confirmed that he was acting with the intention of gaining a release.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-08-2019),Sea Ray (09-08-2019)

wrong thread
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Interesting tidbit... When Raiders cut Keelan Doss they offered him a practice squad job. Instead he took a practice squad job with Jaguars. With AB released today, Raiders tried to put him back on the 53. The Jaguars said they could not put him on the 53 but gave him a full rookie salary. He stayed with Jags. I don't know that I've ever heard of someone turning down the 53 man gig to stay on practice squad.
    Follow up to the tidbit....Oakland upped their offer. Fully guaranteed rookie salary and $300K signing bonus..... he's now a Raider (again)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The only way he agreed to go to Oakland was with that much guaranteed...remember he was all but on his way to Buffalo when he told their front office he would not report.
    I was talking about NE, not Oakland

So far I’m impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Raiders' breakdown in coverage (looks like the Bengals') lets the Chiefs climb back into the game, now 10-7 Oakland to begin the 2nd.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?