Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Oakland Raiders

Re: 2019 Oakland Raiders

Never a dull moment at Raider Nation...

Raiders plan to suspend Antonio Brown after WR's exchange with GM Mike Mayock, per report
    by Lorenzo Reyes USA Today Sept 5 2019

"Another day in Oakland, another dustup with the Raiders and Antonio Brown.

Just one day after the receiver publicly blasted his team by posting a disciplinary letter he received for skipping team activities on Instagram, an ESPN report indicates that the team plans to suspend Brown following his exchange Wednesday with general manager Mike Mayock.

According to the Athletic, Brown was held back by a few teammates during Wednesday's confrontation. NFL Network reported that Brown told Mayock he would hit him in the face and then punted a ball, telling the general manager to fine him for doing so.

“WHEN YOUR OWN TEAM WANT TO HATE BUT THERE’S NO STOPPING ME NOW DEVIL IS A LIE. EVERYONE GOT TO PAY THIS YEAR SO WE CLEAR,” Brown wrote Wednesday morning in a story posted to his Instagram account."...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ck/2221474001/

2. Turn Off Ads?

One of the players holding Brown back was...

Wait for it....

Vontaze Burfict.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Wait for it....

Vontaze Burfict.
    'Taz shoulda wrung his neck.

NFL guys seem to think they could cut him now, and owe him nothing.... including getting his roster bonus back. I'd cut my losses and do it.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

6. Likes:

Chip R (09-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Wait for it....

Vontaze Burfict.
    Wow when Burfict is the voice of reason on your team you have problems. Too bad Hard Knocks is over we need another week.

Useless pos.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Wish the Raiders had been evicted from Oakland and were playing as nomads this year, it would fit them perfectly.
    Go Gators!

Brown = too many concussions
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Brown = too many concussions
    Sorry.

Nobody gets to blame acting like a spoiled 2-year old and an evil 2-year old at that on medical conditions. That's like blaming a bad acid trip on the acid when it's the bad character and fears of the person that was brought out by the acid. A more balanced person doesn't have the bad acid trip on the same acid. Brown's behavior isn't a behavior that is caused by a medical condition.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-06-2019 at 02:40 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

12. Likes:

Chip R (09-06-2019)

Supposedly Brown threatened to punch Mayock in the face...punted a football and said "fine me for that"...I am sad Hard Knocks packed up for the season.

If he is suspended it will happen today or tomorrow...the writing will be on the wall to void his contract. Then he can go to Baltimore...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Supposedly Brown threatened to punch Mayock in the face...punted a football and said "fine me for that"...I am sad Hard Knocks packed up for the season.

If he is suspended it will happen today or tomorrow...the writing will be on the wall to void his contract. Then he can go to Baltimore...
    Why Baltimore? Not sure anyone would offer him much of a contract (at least guaranteed money) after this circus act.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Sorry.

Nobody gets to blame acting like a spoiled 2-year old and an evil 2-year old at that on medical conditions. That's like blaming a bad acid trip on the acid when it's the bad character and fears of the person that was brought out by the acid. A more balanced person doesn't have the bad acid trip on the same acid. Brown's behavior isn't a behavior that is caused by a medical condition.
    If you never took the acid you would not have had a bad acid trip, so yes, the bad trip is a direct result of taking the acid.

Traumatic brain injuries and CTE can cause personality shifts. It is fairly common and well documented. Of course there have been an underlying personality disorder before Brown started playing football, but even so he has clearly spiraled since his early days in Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    Why Baltimore? Not sure anyone would offer him much of a contract (at least guaranteed money) after this circus act.
    Teams will line up to sign him talent always trumps crazy....look at how many teams TO was with before getting the boot from the league.

However he probably will not get 30 mil guaranteed. Baltimore was speculated as he is following them on Instagram now.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post

It almost seems like the Raiders were wanting this to happen so they could get out of the deal. Threatening to punch the GM in the face? I'm sure there have been many players who have threatened to punch a team official and more than likely a coach. But how many were suspended for it? From what I heard if he's not on the roster for the first game, his contract is not guaranteed. No question he's been a PITA for the last couple of years but he's also arguably the best receiver in the game. If he did actually punch him I would understand the suspension. But there seems to have been several incidents leading up to this and I'm not there so it was probably justified. I wonder if New England would take a flyer on him. They dealt with Randy Moss although I don't think Moss was ever as big of a PITA as Brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Sorry.

Reminds me of Chris Henry.

As for Brown, there is no denying the personality change pre and post Burfict hit.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?