Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

Even if I knew ahead of time that I'd only get 6 years out of Luck, I'd still draft him #1 overall every time.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-27-2019),Griffey012 (08-26-2019),Revering4Blue (08-26-2019),RiverRat13 (08-27-2019),Sea Ray (08-26-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Even if I knew ahead of time that I'd only get 6 years out of Luck, I'd still draft him #1 overall every time.
    Nobody’s questioning that. It’s being more questioned why the Colts didn’t do more to protect him.

Peyton OTOH I don’t think was wasted. He did win one Super Bowl and lost another. He just didn’t have a defense during the Jim Mora years. He actually had a pretty stout o line IIRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    They couldn't finish the job...as usual!

Well they won the game...and that ain't usual...

7. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-27-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Its funny because I think Indy has been a pretty poorly run organization over the years. They had two terrible seasons over the past 20 years ago were rewarded with generational QB's.

I have always been kind of jealous about it because the Bengals were bad for a decade and never had anything fall into their lap. Look at the Browns, they have been bad for two decades and are littered with QB misses. The Colts have two bad seasons in over 20 years, and get handed a golden ticket. The only other franchise that has had a seamless transition from one QB to another is Green Bay? I would argue that GB was more SF in the Montana/Young era than the Colts but I digress.
    A lot of people forget about Miami when it comes to the QB transitioning. Bob Griese to Dan Marino with David Woodley sandwiched in between. Pretty damn good run there for the Fins.

9. Likes:

Chip R (08-26-2019),Revering4Blue (08-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    A lot of people forget about Miami when it comes to the QB transitioning. Bob Griese to Dan Marino with David Woodley sandwiched in between. Pretty damn good run there for the Fins.
    If Griese in the HOF because of his career or in there because he was the "QB" of the last undefeated team in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If Griese in the HOF because of his career or in there because he was the "QB" of the last undefeated team in the NFL?
    He won 2 SB's in a different era. Back to Colts discussion.

Jacoby Brisset, part II.

As a backup, Brisset was probably better than any of the other 31 backups, so they have a good base to start from. He'll have all of this year to grow, which he should, and then he'll have next year to improve upon this season as he fights to beat out whoever they draft in 2020.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-26-2019 at 07:33 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Nobody’s questioning that. It’s being more questioned why the Colts didn’t do more to protect him.

Peyton OTOH I don’t think was wasted. He did win one Super Bowl and lost another. He just didn’t have a defense during the Jim Mora years. He actually had a pretty stout o line IIRC.
    In the Colts' Defense, Luck always was his own worse enemy
    ..holding onto the ball too long and running with it too often and taking chances he shouldn't have too often.

Packers have never protected Rogers and the Patriots have never protected Brady.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Maybe the Colts could trade for RG3.

Too soon?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Kinda harsh since he played the last few years injured!. The Colts have horribly mismanaged 2 of the games elite QBs. I have been a huge Colts fan since I was little, the last day I have looked back over the years and realized the Colts have been horribly ran!
    How did the Colts mismanage Manning? I agree the hiring of Grigson and Pagano and quite frankly Bruce Arians as OC contributed to the demise of Luck but Manning had HOF’r Bill Polian running the .org.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

17. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    How did the Colts mismanage Manning? I agree the hiring of Grigson and Pagano and quite frankly Bruce Arians as OC contributed to the demise of Luck but Manning had HOF’r Bill Polian running the .org.
    Maybe he was talking about Bert Jones?

19. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Maybe he was talking about Bert Jones?
    Sure hope he wasn’t talking about Jeff George or Chris Chandler.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Schefter says the Colts knew Luck was going to retire and thought about calling a press conference Friday.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/adam...medium=twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    By failing to get him a decent defense. The year they had a solid defense that stepped up during the playoffs they won the SB. Also, the o-line during his mid to late years wasn't very good. I have always been of the belief, that if Manning/Brady swapped teams, Manning would have more SB's wins than Brady. We will never know tho. Just my belief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Schefter says the Colts knew Luck was going to retire and thought about calling a press conference Friday.

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/adam...medium=twitter
    Sounds like they knew for a couple weeks he was seriously thinking about it. Also sounds like Luck was completely honest with the Colts.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Through one of the retirement stories I learned that Andrew Luck loves Settlers of Catan. That makes him A-OK in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    In the Colts' Defense, Luck always was his own worse enemy
    ..holding onto the ball too long and running with it too often and taking chances he shouldn't have too often.

Packers have never protected Rogers and the Patriots have never protected Brady.

- - - Updated - - -

The Packers and Patriots also don't combine an awful Offensive Line with a playbook full of 5 and 7 step drop plays. The Patriots get the ball out quick all the time, Brady rarely gets hit, he gets protected.

Last year with a good line and an offense designed to get rid of the ball quickly, Luck was sacked 16 times, and didn't take anywhere close to the beating he did in years 1-3. That's on the Colts, not Luck the competitor trying to extend plays and make something happen.

Now I will agree Luck had a bit too much "I love football" mentality and was never afraid to take or even deliver a hit.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 08-27-2019 at 09:09 AM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

25. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-27-2019)

Turn Off Ads?