Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

There is zero reason to not expect this team to get to the Super Bowl. Nothing stands in their way.

While Mack is the most underrated RB in the NFL, A Top-7 Back in production (when healthy), it's always good to have someone share the load while helping to take the pressure off of Luck by respecting the run.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Colts signed RB D'Onta Foreman, formerly of the Texans.

Backup RB Keith Ford was waived in a corresponding move. Recently waived by the Texans himself, Foreman lands in a loaded backfield as the likely early-down backup to Marlon Mack. Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, and Jonathan Williams round out the rest of the roster, with Spencer Ware likely seeking out an injury settlement to play elsewhere. It's worth noting longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans waived Foreman because they were unsatisfied with his "work habits" — something that obviously won't stand in Indy. If Mack is dealt another season of nagging ailments, though, it's Foreman who'll be a name to monitor as the power-running successor (despite his ongoing Achilles recovery). In the meantime, Mack remains an unequivocal RB2 across all formats.

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-08-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-10-2019),Qball (08-10-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

I got high hopes for my horseshoes this season...but I am getting concerned about Luck's health.

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-12-2019),Qball (08-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I got high hopes for my horseshoes this season...but I am getting concerned about Luck's health.
    Coaches have basically gauranteed he'll be ready, so everything should be fine, but yeah, you would like to see him getting reps.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-11-2019),Qball (08-10-2019)

I'm pumped for the season!! Go Colts!!

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-11-2019),redsfanmia (08-10-2019)

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

T.Y. Hilton believes he's had the best training camp of his career.

Hilton has been a machine at Colts camp, securing all but one of his 30 targets this summer. That's mighty impressive considering he hasn't even played with first-string quarterback Andrew Luck, who remains sidelined with a nagging calf injury. Per beat writer Zak Keefer of the Indianapolis Star, "no one" on the Colts' offense has looked better than Hilton and "it's not close." Perennially among the top deep threats in the sport, Hilton remains in the WR1 discussion, even with lingering concerns over Luck's calf.

SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Im a huge reds fan for baseball but when it comes to football if the Colts do make it to the playoffs they will not be able to get past my Chargers if they play each other in the playoffs. Hands down the Chargers are the best team in football. We will have a healthy Bosa all year and a healthy Hunter Henry. We had like one of the best defenses last season and we only got better with the addition Tillerey and Adderley. It is our time to win a superbowl.

Quote Originally Posted by chris9341 View Post
    Im a huge reds fan for baseball but when it comes to football if the Colts do make it to the playoffs they will not be able to get past my Chargers if they play each other in the playoffs. Hands down the Chargers are the best team in football. We will have a healthy Bosa all year and a healthy Hunter Henry. We had like one of the best defenses last season and we only got better with the addition Tillerey and Adderley. It is our time to win a superbowl.
    Always liked the Chargers myself. You'll have to start a separate 2019 Chargers thread, though.

Here we go again with another Luck mystery injury. Doesn’t sound too serious but for a team that has high hopes your QB 1 not playing or practicing in the preseason is alarming to say the least.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Always liked the Chargers myself. You'll have to start a separate 2019 Chargers thread, though.
    LOL a chargers thread on reds board just doesn't seem right. Although I have always wondered why I'm always seeing other teams of different sports on here for. Bengals I can understand and even the colts since they are pretty much in the same region.

LOL a chargers thread on reds board just doesn't seem right. Although I have always wondered why I'm always seeing other teams of different sports on here for. Bengals I can understand and even the colts since they are pretty much in the same region.
    Because REDS fans come from all different backgrounds, from all around the world, with all kinds of different interests, but have "ONE" thing in common...a Love for the Cincinnati Redlegs Ballclub. Also, REDSZONE is a far superior forum than any that exist, while maintaining a high quality for 25+ years now. So many of us go as far back as the old enqirer forum when we were using bbs' and 300-baud phone modems and before Windows 3.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Here we go again with another Luck mystery injury. Doesn’t sound too serious but for a team that has high hopes your QB 1 not playing or practicing in the preseason is alarming to say the least.
    Now there's concern...from Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Colts GM Chris Ballard said Andrew Luck's ankle "needs to be addressed."

Luck underwent more testing recently, and the Colts believe Luck doesn't exactly have the "small little bone issue" they originally thought he had. Instead, they are now focusing on the "high ankle area." It's certainly odd that they haven't found the exact cause of Luck's discomfort, especially since he's been dealing with it for months. Ballard said they are taking Luck "day by day" while they fine-tune his rehab treatment. There are no plans for surgery at this time, but Ballard didn't guarantee that Luck would be ready for Week 1 and did rule him out for the preseason. Stay tuned.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-14-2019 at 02:19 AM.

Because REDS fans come from all different backgrounds, from all around the world, with all kinds of different interests, but have "ONE" thing in common...a Love for the Cincinnati Redlegs Ballclub. Also, REDSZONE is a far superior forum than any that exist, while maintaining a high quality for 25+ years now. So many of us go as far back as the old enqirer forum when we were using bbs' and 300-baud phone modems and before Windows 3.0.

- - - Updated - - -

Now there's concern...from Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Colts GM Chris Ballard said Andrew Luck's ankle "needs to be addressed."

Luck underwent more testing recently, and the Colts believe Luck doesn't exactly have the "small little bone issue" they originally thought he had. Instead, they are now focusing on the "high ankle area." It's certainly odd that they haven't found the exact cause of Luck's discomfort, especially since he's been dealing with it for months. Ballard said they are taking Luck "day by day" while they fine-tune his rehab treatment. There are no plans for surgery at this time, but Ballard didn't guarantee that Luck would be ready for Week 1 and did rule him out for the preseason. Stay tuned.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter
    Well given the Colts history of being completely open and transparent regarding QB injuries, I'd expect the fans should give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Well given the Colts history of being completely open and transparent regarding QB injuries, I'd expect the fans should give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Hard to figure out who has been more transparent over the years...the Patriots?...the Bengals?...the Browns?
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-14-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Hard to figure put who has been more transparent over the years...the Patriots?...the Bengals?...the Browns?
    That's a fair point. All organizations are pretty misleading when it comes to injuries and how serious they are.
    However the Colts have had two fairly high profile QB injuries that have blown up in their face this way. Perhaps different organization now than then, but I think it's fair for fans to be skeptical of the official line from the organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's a fair point. All organizations are pretty misleading when it comes to injuries and how serious they are.
    However the Colts have had two fairly high profile QB injuries that have blown up in their face this way. Perhaps different organization now than then, but I think it's fair for fans to be skeptical of the official line from the organization.
    I was just trying to match your sarcasm with some of my own.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Best team in football? Hmmm.

Turn Off Ads?