Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think he's sincere. But after a year or two out of the league and he's all healed up he may get the urge to come back and fulfill his destiny. He may feel he left something on the table.
    Destiny?

2. Likes:

Chip R (08-26-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Couldn’t imagine a worse thing that could’ve happened to the NFL today, tbh

Next man up. I’m surprised but not shocked, Luck is a different cat. I wish he would have announced this in the off season not 2 weeks before opening day but oh well.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-25-2019)

I would imagine he got pretty despondent after the latest injury did not respond to treatment over the last several weeks sometimes when we are at our lowest we make some choices that had we given it some time we would not have made...I think he plays again at some point.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-25-2019)

Reading some of the Colts' fans messages on the internet defending the booing is interesting. Makes me realize too many people are taking their fandom a little too seriously. Luck deserves better than the "Wine and cheese" fans in Indy.

10. Likes:

Hoosier Red (08-26-2019),Kingspoint (08-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He wasn’t a miss...

24k yards, 171 TD, 83 INT, 14 rushing TD in 86 games played.

Never fully recovered from a gruesome injury. He was legit, though.
    An 86 game career and no Super Bowls is a miss. End of story. That's not what the hype was said to be

Interesting that the Colts are not going to collect the $24 million in signing bonuses owed to them:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/25/co...uck-retirement

This is far different than what happened in Detroit with Barry Sanders.

Won't this result in a huge salary cap hit for the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Interesting that the Colts are not going to collect the $24 million in signing bonuses owed to them:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/25/co...uck-retirement

This is far different than what happened in Detroit with Barry Sanders.

Won't this result in a huge salary cap hit for the team?
    I think this is to keep a positive relationship on the off chance he takes a year off and wants to come back.

- - - Updated - - -

An 86 game career and no Super Bowls is a miss. End of story. That's not what the hype was said to be

Definitely not a miss, this coming year would have been the first time in his career he had a legit shot at the Super bowl.

14. Likes:

Chip R (08-26-2019),Kingspoint (08-25-2019),Revering4Blue (08-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Next man up. I’m surprised but not shocked, Luck is a different cat. I wish he would have announced this in the off season not 2 weeks before opening day but oh well.
    True, but it still gives them a clean slate to move forward from. Luck gave it two years and it wasn't in the cards. He could have dragged it out, collected another $40M on potential alone from someone, most likely the Colts.

I find this to be a very respectable decision and gift to the Colts. It's a black mark for anyone who booed him for this. I hope Luck remembers that there ae more good people in Indiana than the ignorant yahoos that booed him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

16. Likes:

Griffey012 (08-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    True, but it still gives them a clean slate to move forward from. Luck gave it two years and it wasn't in the cards. He could have dragged it out, collected another $40M on potential alone from someone, most likely the Colts.

I find this to be a very respectable decision and gift to the Colts. It's a black mark for anyone who booed him for this. I hope Luck remembers that there ae more good people in Indiana than the ignorant yahoos that booed him.
    Fan is short for fanatic, it was an emotional night and people do dumb things when they are emotional. When did it become a crime to boo someone anyway?

Fan is short for fanatic, it was an emotional night and people do dumb things when they are emotional. When did it become a crime to boo someone anyway?
    The same fans who booed will probably cheer if the Colts do something to honor him (provided he doesn’t try to force a trade and stays in good graces).

Luck should have been far away from Lucas Oil anyways but even then how do you know when a reporter is going to break something on social media?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Again....it's a black mark on anyone who booed him. No "excuses" can change that. Total lack of class despite being disgustingly immature.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

20. Likes:

Chip R (08-26-2019),dubc47834 (08-25-2019),Griffey012 (08-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Again....it's a black mark on anyone who booed him. No "excuses" can change that. Total lack of class despite being disgustingly immature.
    I boo lack of effort, dies that make me disgusting immature?

Dan Marino is a miss too, I guess. If you don’t win a super bowl you’re trash.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Dan Marino is a miss too, I guess. If you don’t win a super bowl you’re trash.
    You are also comparing a 16 year career to a 7 year career. 260 games to 86. Marino isn’t exactly the best comparison.

I’m not buying that Indianapolis was a Super Bowl threat before this either. Not with Brady and Belichick still in the AFC, or Patrick Mahomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?