Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

[QUOTE=dubc47834;4011017]
    Quote Originally Posted by North View Post

Not sure if it's his son, or just a relative. But yes, family!
    It must be his nephew, Chad. Colts are his 3rd team. A troubled person.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Barring a big injury to Brissett, they should be firmly in the 7-10 win range.
    I have seen that and I am not buying. The 6-10 win range for me is a legit starting NFL QB, something I am not sure Brissett is.

They went 10-6 last season with a franchise QB, I think there is a significant drop off between Luck and Brissett. Are the Colts that much better overall to make up that gap?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have seen that and I am not buying. The 6-10 win range for me is a legit starting NFL QB, something I am not sure Brissett is.

They went 10-6 last season with a franchise QB, I think there is a significant drop off between Luck and Brissett. Are the Colts that much better overall to make up that gap?
    They also started 1-5 with a bunch of rookies playing key roles on defense/O-line Luck coming back from missing an entire season. Once things started to click, Luck got comfortable/confident, the O-line gelled, they won 9 of their last 10 and rolled over the Texans on the road in the playoffs, before getting spanked in Kansas City.

This year they were looking to be legit Super Bowl contenders with a healthy Luck at the helm. The drop-off between Luck to Brissett isn't 5 wins. The O-Line is one of the best in the league, they've got plenty play makers at WR and Tight End, Reich looks like an excellent coach, and their defense should be in the top half of the league with upside for more due to its youth.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (08-27-2019),Kingspoint (08-27-2019),Revering4Blue (08-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    They also started 1-5 with a bunch of rookies playing key roles on defense/O-line Luck coming back from missing an entire season. Once things started to click, Luck got comfortable/confident, the O-line gelled, they won 9 of their last 10 and rolled over the Texans on the road in the playoffs, before getting spanked in Kansas City.

This year they were looking to be legit Super Bowl contenders with a healthy Luck at the helm. The drop-off between Luck to Brissett isn't 5 wins. The O-Line is one of the best in the league, they've got plenty play makers at WR and Tight End, Reich looks like an excellent coach, and their defense should be in the top half of the league with upside for more due to its youth.
    I recall the turnaround...and also the 2018 picks of OGs Nelson and Smith.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-27-2019),Revering4Blue (08-28-2019)

I recall the turnaround...and also the 2018 picks of OGs Nelson and Smith.
    Hopefully they grabbed a couple players of the Nelson, Leonard, Smith caliber with their first 3 picks in this years draft.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

[QUOTE=North;4011023]
    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post

It must be his nephew, Chad. Colts are his 3rd team. A troubled person.
    It is Jim's nephew and the Colts are not his 3rd NFL team. It appears that he does/did have alcohol issues.

[QUOTE=Assembly Hall;4011232]

It is Jim's nephew and the Colts are not his 3rd NFL team. It appears that he does/did have alcohol issues.
    Yes - 2 teams. I (very) casually follow the Bills...mosty the odd conversation with friends and family. Born there, but left town 42 years ago. He's made a fair amount trouble, it seems.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Kelly

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...chool-football

Good luck to him.

His Uncle Jim has been battling oral and jaw cancer for years. He and his wife lost a child years ago - I don't recall the circumstances - but they established a charity named Hunter's Hope.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Colts senior offensive assistant Howard Mudd stepped down.

This might be the last time he's in the coaching world now that he's 77 years old. Mudd has been in the NFL for 39 years, including 12 seasons on the offensive line with the Colts. Sudden retirement has been a problem in Indy recently.

SOURCE: Stephen Holder on Twitter

One if the three greatest Offensive Line Coaches in the history of the NFL, his effectiveness disappeared a decade ago. This was long overdue. The Colts have a history of hanging onto Coaches too long (though they have nothing on the Bengals).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

12. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

This might be the last time he's in the coaching world now that he's 77 years old. Mudd has been in the NFL for 39 years, including 12 seasons on the offensive line with the Colts. Sudden retirement has been a problem in Indy recently.

One if the three greatest Offensive Line Coaches in the history of the NFL, his effectiveness disappeared a decade ago. This was long overdue. The Colts have a history of hanging onto Coaches too long (though they have nothing on the Bengals).
    He came back this season after a pretty long absence from the Colts, he was not the offensive line coach he was a offensive assistant, probably more of a consultant. A 77 year old man retiring is not a story.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    He came back this season after a pretty long absence from the Colts, he was not the offensive line coach he was a offensive assistant, probably more of a consultant. A 77 year old man retiring is not a story.
    Yes. I know he was an Offensive Assistant. When he was still an Offensive Line Coach several years ago, the game had passed him. That's the comment I made. That's the comment I am repeating.

And, yes, even if you don't know him very well, many people do. One of the three greatest Offensive Line Coaches in the history of the NFL is officially stepping away from the game. This needs to be announced for those like you who don't know this. Mudd is an icon in the NFL world, as respected as anyone in the league.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-12-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

A class act, wish him well in his retirement.

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-12-2019)

Seems like a strange time to step down

MACKattack!

OT ?

Yes. I know he was an Offensive Assistant. When he was still an Offensive Line Coach several years ago, the game had passed him. That's the comment I made. That's the comment I am repeating.

And, yes, even if you don't know him very well, many people do. One of the three greatest Offensive Line Coaches in the history of the NFL is officially stepping away from the game. This needs to be announced for those like you who don't know this. Mudd is an icon in the NFL world, as respected as anyone in the league.
    Mudd hasn’t been with the Colts since 2009 and hasn’t been an O line coach since 2012. I know Mudd was a great assistant coach and was a great o line coach with the Colts among many teams.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?