Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Re: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Mbappe changed the whole shape of the game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Mbappe changed the whole shape of the game.
    I think you mean Stoke City legend Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting... lol

4. Likes:

dabvu2498 (08-15-2020),M2 (08-12-2020)

Watching FC Bayern take Barcelona apart. 1-4 at the half, with Bayern players scoring all goals. Of course, I have to watch in Spanish because CBS has the English broadcast behind a paywall.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Watching FC Bayern take Barcelona apart. 1-4 at the half, with Bayern players scoring all goals. Of course, I have to watch in Spanish because CBS has the English broadcast behind a paywall.
    This is crazy. The fallout from this could be bad.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

RIP Barca. The rebuild was probably overdue.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    RIP Barca. The rebuild was probably overdue.
    Yep. When you lose 8-2 in Champions League, anything and everything is on the table.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

9. Likes:

M2 (08-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    This is crazy. The fallout from this could be bad.
    I experienced great joy in watching this game.

Nelson Semedo might have had the worst game in history. Bayern came storming down his flank for most of those goals.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I experienced great joy in watching this game.

Nelson Semedo might have had the worst game in history. Bayern came storming down his flank for most of those goals.
    Uhh, he was matched up with Perisic, When Ramos plays on Perisic’s side it’s a similar outcome. Look at the tape for Euro 2016 and Nationals League 2018 Spain v. Croatia. Ramos (an elite defender) gets beaten over and over by Perisic. I actually gave him respect for not chopping Perisic down ( the British approach) and taking it like a pro.
    When Spain beats Croatia 6-0 in 2018, they move Ramos from right center to left center (Perisic plays left wing). smart tactics.
    When Perisic gets an isolation on wing, it’s just not fair. He is over 30 but he still has the pace, deception and destroy a defender who doesn’t get help.
    Last edited by Betterread; 08-14-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Uhh, he was matched up with Perisic, When Ramos plays on Perisic’s side it’s a similar outcome. Look at the tape for Euro 2016 and Nationals League 2018 Spain v. Croatia. Ramos (an elite defender) gets beaten over and over by Perisic. I actually gave him respect for not chopping Perisic down ( the British approach) and taking it like a pro.
    When Spain beats Croatia 6-0 in 2018, they move Ramos from right center to left center (Perisic plays left wing). smart tactics.
    When Perisic gets an isolation on wing, it’s just not fair. He is over 30 but he still has the pace, deception and destroy a defender who doesn’t get help.
    That left side of Perisic and Alphonso Davies has caused havoc for teams playing FC Bayern all season. Davies has been quite the revelation for Bayern.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Perisic, Davies, Coutinho - it was toast Nelson Semedo night. And no one gets beaten over and over like that. Today was special.

Ramos almost always plays left center for club and country. It can vary on the other central defender, but that's where he's normally located. Usuallly plays the destroyer role too, so he's not really covering a flank. Though I would note when he did cover a flank in his youth he was outstanding.

Lyon: 7th in the French league, ECL semifinals.

France v Germany in both semis. Go figure.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

15. Likes:

M2 (08-15-2020)

Time for completely unfounded speculation. City once again goes out without getting particularly close to the title. Their ownership has more ridiculous money to spend and it just got freed of FFP restrictions. Meanwhile Barcelona got annihilated, Messi is 33 and out of contract after next season. If he's looking at his supporting cast and thinking a rebuilding project will eat up the rest of his late prime, this could be the perfect fit of an iconic player ready to force a move and a club willing to pay anything for him.

I had to call my City friend to make sure he was ok. That Sterling miss was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I had to call my City friend to make sure he was ok. That Sterling miss was brutal.
    But it surely made Liverpool fans smile.

I wouldn’t call it the British style, that’s Ramos style. He hates when players get the better of him and always resorts to kicking and hacking once this is the case.

Some big decisions needed at Barca. Potchetino or Xavi are the two names being banded about and I think Potch would be a great choice.

In other news, Hibs unbeaten start to the season continues with a 0-0 draw at home. 4 games without deafest is nothing to be sniffed at even if the performances have been below par.

Turn Off Ads?