Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Re: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Willian's heading to Arsenal.
    Solid and will be an upgrade over what they have in the midfield now. 3 year contract for a 32 year old isn't ideal, but not money.

Need to figure out Aubameyang ASAP. No one is going to take that Ozil contract, but hopefully it doesn't sink them in signing other players.

2. Likes:

M2 (08-06-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Solid and will be an upgrade over what they have in the midfield now. 3 year contract for a 32 year old isn't ideal, but not money.

Need to figure out Aubameyang ASAP. No one is going to take that Ozil contract, but hopefully it doesn't sink them in signing other players.
    I assume Ozil leaves, possibly to the Middle East or to China. His retirement from international soccer was predicated on having his fill of being the designated fall guy. Seems like he's hit the same limit with Arsenal. Won't surprise me if he'll do whatever it takes to get out of there. He's made enough money that he can shop for a place where he can enjoy his football.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I assume Ozil leaves, possibly to the Middle East or to China. His retirement from international soccer was predicated on having his fill of being the designated fall guy. Seems like he's hit the same limit with Arsenal. Won't surprise me if he'll do whatever it takes to get out of there. He's made enough money that he can shop for a place where he can enjoy his football.
    Perhaps, but he’s still under contract at a very high number for another year.

In good Arsenal news is sounds like Aubameyang has agreed to a new 3 year contract and will be staying.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Perhaps, but he’s still under contract at a very high number for another year.

In good Arsenal news is sounds like Aubameyang has agreed to a new 3 year contract and will be staying.
    Think Arsenal will look for a similar type of arrangement to the one that has taken Alexis Sanchez from Man Utd to Inter Milan. Man U have swallowed a big portion of his remaining contract and paid it out to ensure this move could go ahead.

7. Likes:

M2 (08-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    Think Arsenal will look for a similar type of arrangement to the one that has taken Alexis Sanchez from Man Utd to Inter Milan. Man U have swallowed a big portion of his remaining contract and paid it out to ensure this move could go ahead.
    The interesting part from the Arsenal standpoint, to me at least, is does Arteta even want a #10? Seems like his preference is for a lot of industry and distributed playmaking.

9. Likes:

EnglishRed (08-07-2020)

The interesting part from the Arsenal standpoint, to me at least, is does Arteta even want a #10? Seems like his preference is for a lot of industry and distributed playmaking.
    I think Arteta plays 3-4-3 most of the time without a No 10. I've only seen them in the flesh once this year, when they beat my team Leeds 1-0 in the FA Cup earlier in the season. In that game they played Ozil as a number 10 and Kalvin Phillips playing as a DM dominated him for about 75 minutes until he was substituted. Still annoyed we didn't put away any of the chances we created in that game. Absolutely dominated and created chance after chance but couldn't score, conceded a goal unluckily. At least we were knocked out by the eventual winners though I guess

Raphael Varane with an absolute brain fart. City up 1-0.

Much happier with the CBS broadcast than I was with the TNT broadcast. I would prefer all knockout round games to be on cable (Juve vs. Lyon deserves love too), but the production quality in noticeably higher.

Much happier with the CBS broadcast than I was with the TNT broadcast. I would prefer all knockout round games to be on cable (Juve vs. Lyon deserves love too), but the production quality in noticeably higher.
    It's clear CBS approached their coverage strategy with, "just do what NBC does for the Premier League". It's a good model to copy.
    Last edited by paintmered; 08-08-2020 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Typo fix
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

14. Likes:

M2 (08-07-2020)

I think Ozil time at Arsenal is probably up. He is such a good player but is also a bit of a flat track bully. Very rarely shows up in the big games and goes missing a lot.

Mauricio Sarri sacked by Juventus. Pochettino rumoured to be in talks to replace him after their Champions League exit.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    Mauricio Sarri sacked by Juventus. Pochettino rumoured to be in talks to replace him after their Champions League exit.
    In the last 50 yrs, Juve has has one non-Italian manager, Didier Deschamps. How can you bribe the right officials if you’re not Italian?

Just announced Andrea Pirlo is the new manager.
    Last edited by Betterread; 08-08-2020 at 02:32 PM.

18. Likes:

EnglishRed (08-08-2020),M2 (08-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    In the last 50 yrs, Juve has has one non-Italian manager, Didier Deschamps. How can you bribe the right officials if you’re not Italian?

Just announced Andrea Pirlo is the new manager.
    I'll be curious to see if Pirlo's a good manager or if it's just that anyone can win at Juve.

Mario Pasalic puts Atalanta ahead of PSG 1-0 in the middle of the 1st half. If you don't have a horse left in the Champions League race, you really need to get on board the Atalanta bandwagon.

Mario Pasalic puts Atalanta ahead of PSG 1-0 in the middle of the 1st half. If you don't have a horse left in the Champions League race, you really need to get on board the Atalanta bandwagon.
    Seconded. This is a firecracker of a match too. Atalanta was running circles around them but PSG adapted. Should be a good second half.

Turn Off Ads?