Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Re: 2019-20 Euro soccer thread

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Madrid beats Barcelona 2-0. Vinicius proved the theory that if you get 20 chances, one of our flubs with bounce of Gerard Pique and into the net.

Meanwhile in England, Everton had a victory over ManU straight up robbed from them. It's not VAR, it's Premier League officials.
    The official on the field absolutely has to go to the screen and make the call. Hiding behind the little earpiece is a joke.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    The official on the field absolutely has to go to the screen and make the call. Hiding behind the little earpiece is a joke.
    I don't think the ref going to the screen would have mattered. They were inventing a rule to give a point to ManU no matter what.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Liverpool finally cop a loss in quite savage fashion in the Premier League. They’ve been in cruise control for so long it could turn into a negative for them.
    They've been downright mediocre since the winter break, really. Their edge has been relentless focus and intensity, so it probably didn't help to lay around for several days being complimented for having virtually sealed the title already. The Watford result -- credit to them -- was deserved; there was nothing in that performance of the team that had won 18 straight league games. Gotta find the on switch again, now, if they want to stay in the FA Cup and Champions League.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Serie A has suspended all league matches for three weeks due to COVID-19.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Serie A has suspended all league matches for three weeks due to COVID-19.
    Probably the right thing to do given the situation there. Sadly probably a preview of what we should expect here in the next couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Probably the right thing to do given the situation there. Sadly probably a preview of what we should expect here in the next couple weeks.
    It's probably a bad sign for the Euros too.

Yeah potentially. That starts June 12, which is still a good amount of time.

Marcos Llorente just made Liverpool cry. I'm hoping they play some video after the game of his father knocking Porto out of the European Cup in 1987.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Marcos Llorente just made Liverpool cry. I'm hoping they play some video after the game of his father knocking Porto out of the European Cup in 1987.
    Liverpool losing in the Champions League to a team from Madrid due to keeper mistakes... hmmm. It rings a bell but I just can't quite place it. Bet you can, though.

Tough way to go out -- wasteful finishing aside, it was maybe their best performance in several weeks up until they went behind in extra time -- but then, who knows for certain if there's even going to be a champion of the Champions League this year. Let's hope so.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

11. Likes:

M2 (03-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Liverpool losing in the Champions League to a team from Madrid due to keeper mistakes... hmmm. It rings a bell but I just can't quite place it. Bet you can, though.

Tough way to go out -- wasteful finishing aside, it was maybe their best performance in several weeks up until they went behind in extra time -- but then, who knows for certain if there's even going to be a champion of the Champions League this year. Let's hope so.
    And don't think for a moment that I didn't note all three Atletico goals came courtesy of guys raised in the system of the other team from Madrid.

Oh, and I found the highlights of Llorente's dad vs. Porto. It's second in this highlight clip. Paco Llorento is the one with the two sick dribble moves and cut back assists.

Last edited by M2; 03-12-2020 at 10:14 PM.

13. Likes:

IslandRed (03-12-2020)

Euros just got moved to 2021.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-eur...avirus-sources

15. Likes:

M2 (03-17-2020)

The Atalanta-Valencia Champions League game seems to have turned Bergamo (where Atalanta plays) and Valencia into two of the main epicenters for coronavirus in Europe.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/26/how-a-...ological-bomb/

https://www.espn.com/soccer/german-b...overnment-call

Germany trying to come back on May 9th in empty stadiums. Lets go!!!

I don't follow the Bundesliga all that closely, but since this might be all the sports we have and the games are on FS1 we are going to get into this.

My two closest soccer friends and me have decided to adopt teams in Germany. Bayern and Dortmund were out because that's boring. The 3, 4, 5th race there right now is close so we each took one of them. So let's go LEVERKUSEN!!!!

I don't follow the Bundesliga all that closely, but since this might be all the sports we have and the games are on FS1 we are going to get into this.

My two closest soccer friends and me have decided to adopt teams in Germany. Bayern and Dortmund were out because that's boring. The 3, 4, 5th race there right now is close so we each took one of them. So let's go LEVERKUSEN!!!!
    I've always wanted to pick a German team based on where I'd most like to go. So it's Freiburg, Bremen or Cologne for me. In fact, I'm taking those three as a field pick.

Just say no to Leipzig and Hoffenheim.

20. Likes:

schmidty622 (04-20-2020)

Turn Off Ads?