Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 520

Thread: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

  1. #421
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    28,163

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    A tale of two halves and two teams. OSU got punched in the mouth in the first half. Hats off to Wisconsin for mixing things up, showing them a different look, and putting the Buckeye's feet to the fire. The Badgers actually had a passing game this time.

    But just like Michigan last week, the Badgers gave it their best shot, and had the Bucks reeling on their heels some. And once again here's another example of a coaching staff making adjustments (just like last week), coming out in the second half a different team and totally dominates, does what they have to do, and shuts them out 27-0. I loved the resiliency, rising to the challenge when in the spotlight, because these types of games (challenges) are what toughen you, show you who you are, what you're capable of. And you need that going into the CFP.

    I really don't care about the seed. Bring it on whoever it may be. If you're the best team in the nation you'll show it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  2. Likes:

    HeatherC1212 (12-09-2019),Redsfaithful (12-09-2019),RedTeamGo! (12-08-2019),Revering4Blue (12-08-2019),Roy Tucker (12-08-2019)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #422
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    28,163

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I think the concerns about Day's ability to recruit are overblown.
    He mentored under one of the best IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  5. #423
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    23,735

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    As I was watching the various games yesterday with my brother I talked about how everyone has been hyping, talking about everyone BUT Clemson. It's like they're being ignored. And maybe they like that position, not having the attention (pressure). But I told my brother that when all is said and done I could see Clemson winning it all. This is a veteran, experienced team that has not only been there, but won it.

    It just seems like the media ... which has already predicted 'Bama (Saban's) demise ... is "pushing" anyone but Clemson (LOL).
    Clemson hasn't really been challenged or tested this season, but it wouldn't shock me to see Clemson win it all again.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  6. Likes:

    Sea Ray (12-08-2019)

  7. #424
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,831

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    A tale of two halves and two teams. OSU got punched in the mouth in the first half. Hats off to Wisconsin for mixing things up, showing them a different look, and putting the Buckeye's feet to the fire. The Badgers actually had a passing game this time.

    But just like Michigan last week, the Badgers gave it their best shot, and had the Bucks reeling on their heels some. And once again here's another example of a coaching staff making adjustments (just like last week), coming out in the second half a different team and totally dominates, does what they have to do, and shuts them out 27-0. I loved the resiliency, rising to the challenge when in the spotlight, because these types of games (challenges) are what toughen you, show you who you are, what you're capable of. And you need that going into the CFP.

    I really don't care about the seed. Bring it on whoever it may be. If you're the best team in the nation you'll show it.
    Thatís a great point.

    The last time OSU won the natty they went up against the unbeatable Alabama and smoked them. If Clemson is the sleeping giant everyone seems to think they will have to beat them either way.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  8. Likes:

    GAC (12-08-2019),Revering4Blue (12-08-2019)

  9. #425
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,505

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Jacob Fromm is not a good QB
    Heís going to be drafted, possibly in the first round.

    That said, heís not Justin Fields and Kirby Smart isnít Ryan Day. Had Kirby pulled the trigger and replaced Fromm with Fields, I donít think we see the same statistical season from Fields in Athens. Georgia is extremely reliant on its ground game.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  10. #426
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    28,163

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    He’s going to be drafted, possibly in the first round.
    And to his defense in yesterday's game - his receivers were dropping balls all over the place too. Pretty sad.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  11. #427
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    As I was watching the various games yesterday with my brother I talked about how everyone has been hyping, talking about everyone BUT Clemson. It's like they're being ignored. And maybe they like that position, not having the attention (pressure). But I told my brother that when all is said and done I could see Clemson winning it all. This is a veteran, experienced team that has not only been there, but won it.

    It just seems like the media ... which has already predicted 'Bama (Saban's) demise ... is "pushing" anyone but Clemson (LOL).
    Clemson is a really good and really experienced team. By being 'dismissed' by the national media they also now have a massive chip on their shoulder. While I agree they should be the 3 seed because their resume is nearly as good as LSU or Ohio State, I really think they will win it again.

  12. Likes:

    GAC (12-09-2019)

  13. #428
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Heís going to be drafted, possibly in the first round.
    I hope not by any team I root for.

  14. #429
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    1,567

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    . I think that's huge because nobody wants to play Clemson!
    Why does nobody want to play Clemson? Nobody has been playing Clemson for 13 weeks. You'd think they'd want to play someone else

  15. Likes:

    HeatherC1212 (12-09-2019),North (12-08-2019)

  16. #430
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    13,289

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    He’s going to be drafted, possibly in the first round.
    Without a doubt, if he comes out he's going to be drafted. It's a question of value. First round? Don't know about that. But I'd be stunned if he lasts past 3rd.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

  17. #431
    Member jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Troy, OH
    Posts
    2,744

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Buckeye fans should be used to this same narrative. It's a different year, but the narrative is always the same.

    Highly ranked SEC team beats another highly ranked SEC team handily. First SEC is team is as good as advertised because they whipped another highly ranked SEC who is also deserving of their ranking. The great SEC just beating up on each other.

    Highly ranked Ohio State beats another highly ranked Big10 team handily. Doesn't prove anything because the Big10 isn't that good and the team they beat is overrated.

    Highly ranked SEC team hangs on to beat another highly ranked SEC team. What a tough hard nosed battle against two great SEC teams.

    Highly ranked Ohio State hangs on to beat another highly ranked Big10 team. Ohio State isn't as good as advertised because they barely beat another overrated Big10 team.

    Many scenarios under the same narrative, but the narrative is always the same. The SEC homers on ESPN last night were foaming at the mouth over LSU and Georgia, and acting as if Wisconsin is just another Rutgers.

    The Buckeyes have more wins against ranked opponents than any team in the country. Even their non-conference schedule has multiple conference championship teams. They ended the season beating 3 straight top 10 teams. Nothing that happened yesterday should knock them from that spot........but, I won't mind at all if it did. It would only add that chip to their shoulder. I believe this team is the best in the country, bring on Clemson.

  18. Likes:

    GAC (12-09-2019),HeatherC1212 (12-09-2019),oregonred (12-08-2019),phatknuckle (12-08-2019),Redsfaithful (12-09-2019),RiverRat13 (12-08-2019)

  19. #432
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Buckeye fans should be used to this same narrative. It's a different year, but the narrative is always the same.

    Highly ranked SEC team beats another highly ranked SEC team handily. First SEC is team is as good as advertised because they whipped another highly ranked SEC who is also deserving of their ranking. The great SEC just beating up on each other.

    Highly ranked Ohio State beats another highly ranked Big10 team handily. Doesn't prove anything because the Big10 isn't that good and the team they beat is overrated.

    Highly ranked SEC team hangs on to beat another highly ranked SEC team. What a tough hard nosed battle against two great SEC teams.

    Highly ranked Ohio State hangs on to beat another highly ranked Big10 team. Ohio State isn't as good as advertised because they barely beat another overrated Big10 team.

    Many scenarios under the same narrative, but the narrative is always the same. The SEC homers on ESPN last night were foaming at the mouth over LSU and Georgia, and acting as if Wisconsin is just another Rutgers.

    The Buckeyes have more wins against ranked opponents than any team in the country. Even their non-conference schedule has multiple conference championship teams. They ended the season beating 3 straight top 10 teams. Nothing that happened yesterday should knock them from that spot........but, I won't mind at all if it did. It would only add that chip to their shoulder. I believe this team is the best in the country, bring on Clemson.
    #1, #2 and frankly #3 is a bit of a crap shoot. I don't know who is better between Clemson, LSU and Ohio State, and everyone that says they do are just delusional. It is true that SEC wins always seem to count more because they tend to get ranked high early and play very few decent non-conference games. Timing hurt Ohio State this year. Had they beat Wisconsin before Wisconsin lost to Illinois and Penn State before the Lions lost to Minnesota, I don't think LSU would have an argument. Likewise if Texas hadn't been so wildly overrated at the beginning of the year LSU's resume would lose some of it's luster.

  20. #433
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,848

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Why does nobody want to play Clemson? Nobody has been playing Clemson for 13 weeks. You'd think they'd want to play someone else
    Yes...Oklahoma!!!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  21. #434
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,620

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    As much as I'd like to build a case for OSU the "they beat more ranked teams" thing does nothing for me.

    LSU beat 4 AP top-10 teams. (Final rankings) OSU 0.

  22. #435
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,679

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    As much as I'd like to build a case for OSU the "they beat more ranked teams" thing does nothing for me.

    LSU beat 4 AP top-10 teams. (Final rankings) OSU 0.
    I don’t really care, it just is another showing of the committee being wildly inconsistent. But I guess that’s just to be expected at this point.

    I want Clemson anyway. Time to collect some debts and this is a good year to do it.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator