Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 520

Thread: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

  1. #451
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,819

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Couldn’t resist:

    Totally not a troll
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #452
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,578

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Well, I think the NCAA does a lot better job getting an inclusive season ending 68 team tournament. There might be some quibbles down at the last 10 teams, but they get every team that has a prayer at winning it all in the tourney. The CFP leaves worthy teams out. But yes, again, it’s opinions.

    My point was that the pros have hard and fast rules that determine who is in and who is out. No opinions. Published and documented rules.
    And that's fine. But college is different. Obviously the BB and its 68 or whatever teams, is a lot easier to include every team with a prayer of winning but with a mere 4 spots, it's always possible that a superior team is left out. That'd be the case even if it was determined by hard and fast rules.

    I think the committee's done a fine job with this year in and year out but that's just me

  4. #453
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,237

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Totally not a troll
    Rich when Kentucky football fans troll Ohio State

  5. #454
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,237

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    One year there was a representative from the B10 and that team lost 31-0. That's not a ringing endorsement for a league and it doesn't happen to SEC teams.
    The OSU team from 2015 was clearly one of the top four teams in the country and beats Mich State 8-9 times out of ten. Much better than the 2016 team that got the #4 seed over PSU. The 2015 team was doomed by a terrible Big Ten schedule and losing the one game they couldn't lose on a FG at the end.

    Last year Oklahoma got the nod over a very deserving OSU team and the SEC champ was steam rolled when they played an elite opponent in the finals

    Have to get invited to win

    Wake me up when the Vols lose fewer than 4 games. No 16-year old applying for a driver's license this year was alive when it happened last.
    Last edited by oregonred; 12-08-2019 at 10:13 PM.

  6. #455
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,237

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    We seem to only be missing 3-loss Auburn Jojo's insight and unbiased analysis in this Ohio State thread

  7. #456
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,505

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Rich when Kentucky football fans troll Ohio State
    Would it make you feel any better to know the person I stole it from is a WVU fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  8. #457
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,505

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    We seem to only be missing 3-loss Auburn Jojo's insight and unbiased analysis in this Ohio State thread
    Havenít seen him post in awhile. Iím guessing thereís a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  9. #458
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,578

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    The OSU team from 2015 was clearly one of the top four teams in the country and beats Mich State 8-9 times out of ten. Much better than the 2016 team that got the #4 seed over PSU. The 2015 team was doomed by a terrible Big Ten schedule and losing the one game they couldn't lose on a FG at the end.

    Last year Oklahoma got the nod over a very deserving OSU team and the SEC champ was steam rolled when they played an elite opponent in the finals

    Have to get invited to win

    Wake me up when the Vols lose fewer than 4 games. No 16-year old applying for a driver's license this year was alive when it happened last.
    The Vols are clearly struggling but that has nothing to do with the CFB playoff committee. However the Vols do have a stellar record vs the Big Ten.

    So it sounds like you're upset that OSU doesn't get invited "to the party" every year. Well those were close calls that could go either way. In 2014 OSU got the nod for the 4th and final seed. You win some, you lose some

  10. #459
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,578

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    We seem to only be missing 3-loss Auburn Jojo's insight and unbiased analysis in this Ohio State thread
    It seems like you're awfully defensive here I don't get where this inferiority complex is coming from. OSU has the most talent of everyone here, went undefeated and was rewarded with a #2 seed. They have as good a shot as anyone to win it. Even if they don't, they had a stellar year. Bringing up Tennessee in the midst of all that is mind boggling.

  11. #460
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,848

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think Fields is the superior college talent but Fromm is a better NFL prospect
    I disagree...with the style of offense in the NFL now days, I thinks Fields turns out to be the better pro!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  12. #461
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,237

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It seems like you're awfully defensive here I don't get where this inferiority complex is coming from. OSU has the most talent of everyone here, went undefeated and was rewarded with a #2 seed. They have as good a shot as anyone to win it. Even if they don't, they had a stellar year. Bringing up Tennessee in the midst of all that is mind boggling.
    Seriously we mostly agree on things and I am sure you are a nice guy and a frustrated and diehard fan of a 20th century fossil program that seems to have inexplicably lost all relevance in modern college football.

    It comes across like an NC State basketball fan taking credit for the accomplishments of Coach K and Roy Williams over the last 20 years and continually trolling the superiority of the ACC on a Kansas basketball message board.

    OSU's run since 2002 is remarkable. The best consistent run of major college football this century. Only Alabama's resume is superior and that's all due to Nick Saban after he slithered out of his failed tenure with the Dolphins in 2008.

    2014 - OSU got the benefit and made the committee look good
    2015 - Elite team, clearly one of the top 4, not invited
    2016 - PSU should have been invited. Loyalty to JT Barrett and Urban's weakest team out of his seven year tenure.
    2017 - Likely should have been invited and smoothered Pac 10 Champ and Sam Darnold led USC in the Cotton Bowl. Urban loyalty to JT Barrett over Duane Haskins (and Joe Burrow). Yikes...
    2018 - Could and likely should have been invited
    2019 - Invited, would be an epic run to beat defending Champ Clemson and then LSU in New Orleans

  13. #462
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,237

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I disagree...with the style of offense in the NFL now days, I thinks Fields turns out to be the better pro!
    Totally agree. Fields has 40 passing TDs and 1 interception and another 10 rushing TDs with the running playbook dialed back due to no QB depth. Simply incredible numbers

    6-3, 220+. I think he has NFL star potential

  14. #463
    "So Fla Red"
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    South Florida - The Real Humidor
    Posts
    5,237

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    As much as I'd like to build a case for OSU the "they beat more ranked teams" thing does nothing for me.

    LSU beat 4 AP top-10 teams. (Final rankings) OSU 0.
    You lost me...

    LSU beat two Final CFP ranked top 10 teams (Georgia and Florida)
    OSU beat three Final CFP ranked top 10 teams (Wisconsin 2x and Penn State)

  15. Likes:

    HeatherC1212 (12-09-2019),RedTeamGo! (12-08-2019)

  16. #464
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,578

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Seriously we mostly agree on things and I am sure you are a nice guy and a frustrated and diehard fan of a 20th century fossil program that seems to have inexplicably lost all relevance in modern college football.

    It comes across like an NC State basketball fan taking credit for the accomplishments of Coach K and Roy Williams over the last 20 years and continually trolling the superiority of the ACC on a Kansas basketball message board.

    OSU's run since 2002 is remarkable. The best consistent run of major college football this century. Only Alabama's resume is superior and that's all due to Nick Saban after he slithered out of his failed tenure with the Dolphins in 2008.

    2014 - OSU got the benefit and made the committee look good
    2015 - Elite team, clearly one of the top 4, not invited
    2016 - PSU should have been invited. Loyalty to JT Barrett and Urban's weakest team out of his seven year tenure.
    2017 - Likely should have been invited and smoothered Pac 10 Champ and Sam Darnold led USC in the Cotton Bowl. Urban loyalty to JT Barrett over Duane Haskins (and Joe Burrow). Yikes...
    2018 - Could and likely should have been invited
    2019 - Invited, would be an epic run to beat defending Champ Clemson and then LSU in New Orleans
    Understand that my fandom of UT-Knoxville isn't due to their history. It's because I went there as an undergrad. I lived and breathed it for several yrs. What I said in this thread about the SEC is fact and not debatable. Your response gives OSU fans a bad name. Your lashing back by bringing up Tennessee was irrelevant to the discussion but you obviously wanted to get at me personally. I don't get that. Ohio State is on a run where they're there's no better football program in all of college football. They're second to no one. You need not have an inferiority complex. However do understand that there's no peer for OSU in the Big Ten. There is an enormous gap between OSU and the other B10 members. That's not the case for say Alabama in the SEC. In recent yrs other SEC teams have won National Championships, FL, LSU and Auburn. GA made it to the Finals. The SEC has won 10 NCs in this century by four different teams. If we can go back to the 1990s then it's 5 different teams with Tennessee.

  17. #465
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,578

    Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: Itís a New Day

    Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    You lost me...

    LSU beat two Final CFP ranked top 10 teams (Georgia and Florida)
    OSU beat three Final CFP ranked top 10 teams (Wisconsin 2x and Penn State)
    LSU and OSU were razor close. A case could be made for either one. Neither one can claim a clear cut superior case.

  18. Likes:

    North (12-09-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator