Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

Re: 2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    No way. Who are they going to get that’s better? Plus they owe him a ton of money.
    I’m sure Ohio State asked that when they fired John Cooper. That worked out pretty well for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Brady Hoke is the only coach from TTUN to beat the Buckeyes in the last 16 contests. They need to stop and let that sink in.

Harbaugh is simply no match for the Buckeyes, whether Urban is coaching or Day is.

Are the Buckeyes playoff bound win or lose next week?
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    Brady Hoke is the only coach from TTUN to beat the Buckeyes in the last 16 contests. They need to stop and let that sink in.

Harbaugh is simply no match for the Buckeyes, whether Urban is coaching or Day is.
    That was when Fickell was the interim then I believe.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

6. Likes:

kaldaniels (11-30-2019)

2019 Ohio State Buckeyes Football: It’s a New Day

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Are the Buckeyes playoff bound win or lose next week?
    Win, easily the one seed.

Lose, should be number 4. Depends on what happens with how the SEC unfolds but they should be higher than the other one loss teams.

I want to see Minnesota take on the Buckeyes but I don’t think it matters either way.
    Last edited by WVRed; 11-30-2019 at 05:09 PM.

8. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    That was when Fickell was the interim then I believe.
    You are correct.

Latest on the Pryor stabbing...domestic.

"In a news release announcing the charges, police described Briston and Pryor as "mutual combatants in this incident."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ts/4339484002/
    Last edited by North; 11-30-2019 at 10:43 PM.

When Michigan responded with a TD, making it 14-13, I was starting to say "Hmmm". In the first half, while their run D was there, Patterson was tearing OSU's secondary up. Huge holes. 250 passing yards in the first half. But adjustments were made at halftime, because he only threw for 55 yards in the second half. Our defense started exerting more pressure on Shea in the second half, created turnovers, made key 4th down stops, and Shea (IMO) played rattled, out of sync, the majority of the second half.

So my hat is off to OSU's defensive coordinator for making those adjustments successfully.

Can't say enough about Dobbins. Yeah, IMO, he should be in that Heisman discussion - 31 carries for 211 yards, 4 TDs. And that last one, where he went in the air and took out #14(?) was a thing of beauty! LOL

Ohio State simply wore the Wolverines out in the second half. They couldn't run with them.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

12. Likes:

goreds2 (12-01-2019),HeatherC1212 (12-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Not taking anything away from them but tOSU is very fortunate that all their tough games are at home this season.
    😁
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

14. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (12-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    When Michigan responded with a TD, making it 14-13, I was starting to say "Hmmm". In the first half, while their run D was there, Patterson was tearing OSU's secondary up. Huge holes. 250 passing yards in the first half. But adjustments were made at halftime, because he only threw for 55 yards in the second half. Our defense started exerting more pressure on Shea in the second half, created turnovers, made key 4th down stops, and Shea (IMO) played rattled, out of sync, the majority of the second half.

So my hat is off to OSU's defensive coordinator for making those adjustments successfully.

Can't say enough about Dobbins. Yeah, IMO, he should be in that Heisman discussion - 31 carries for 211 yards, 4 TDs. And that last one, where he went in the air and took out #14(?) was a thing of beauty! LOL

Ohio State simply wore the Wolverines out in the second half. They couldn't run with them.
    This team has successfully made adjustments all season, so I wasn’t worried there. I was a bit concerned that Wade being out wasn’t something they were going to be able to fix around. The younger guys stepped up though and they started using different looks to get pressure up front.

Also happy that Dobbins got a big moment on a national stage. I think people know his name, but he’s been over shadowed by others the last free seasons until now.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-01-2019)

Let's add injury to insult (LOL) ...

https://thespun.com/big-ten/ohio-sta...NMOFxEzXoVTH-Q
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Let's add injury to insult (LOL) ...

https://thespun.com/big-ten/ohio-sta...NMOFxEzXoVTH-Q
    Ohio State landed/will land the Gatorade Player of the Year in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Texas. All three of Martinez, Fleming and Smith-Njigba were heavily recruited.

Oddly, the Ohio Gatorade POY (Ethan Wright) is committed to Cincinnati. Wright's a Division V kid from the Akron area.

I think the concerns about Day's ability to recruit are overblown.

19. Likes:

GAC (12-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Ohio State landed/will land the Gatorade Player of the Year in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Texas. All three of Martinez, Fleming and Smith-Njigba were heavily recruited.

Oddly, the Ohio Gatorade POY (Ethan Wright) is committed to Cincinnati. Wright's a Division V kid from the Akron area.

I think the concerns about Day's ability to recruit are overblown.
    The receivers next year could be the best in school history if a couple of those freshman live up to the hype.

Sounds like Fleming, the Pennsylvania POY, is every bit of Garrett Wilson, and then some.

The perplexing part of this recruiting class is the lack of a standout RB. You'd think the recent run of ultra-productive backs and Dobbins' departure would net a big name. Yet, they just pilfered a back from Iowa State, of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Sounds like Fleming, the Pennsylvania POY, is every bit of Garrett Wilson, and then some.

The perplexing part of this recruiting class is the lack of a standout RB. You'd think the recent run of ultra-productive backs and Dobbins' departure would net a big name. Yet, they just pilfered a back from Iowa State, of all places.
    Yeah they thought they had Robinson and it didn’t work out and their backup plan took the bag man cash from Florida State so they backed off. Teague will be fine next year and they will get a 2020 back I’m sure.

Turn Off Ads?